It's beginning to look a lot like...

Display Name

Winter!  Yay!

Candy Keeper is setting up his stand across the street from Ms. Liberty in Atlas Park.  He's already open, though!  Yay!

I'm picking up candy canes from regular salvage.  It looks like it will take 175 candy canes (per toon!?) to get all the past badges and 130 more to collect the recipes!  Yay!

Candy canes will appear next to all of that Halloween salvage you forgot about in the Event tab of your Salvage window!  Lol!

Winter is coming!

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

And not gonna bother.  If it was like 20 or fewer, I don't mind.  I did the first halloween event on live  but second was a drag by the time Villans came out.  23 sers of clicking on doors on my stalker, ended up only giving 1 set out as nobody was interested ; person was in a another time zone in Australia if I remember correctly since they were a day ahead.

tl;dr - Tired of the grind for useless items, to old for that shit.  I know its optional but it doesn't mean I won't participate but if its 175 per character I will step out.

• Sad 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

4 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

And not gonna bother.  If it was like 20 or fewer, I don't mind.  I did the first halloween event on live  but second was a drag by the time Villans came out.  23 sers of clicking on doors on my stalker, ended up only giving 1 set out as nobody was interested ; person was in a another time zone in Australia if I remember correctly since they were a day ahead.

tl;dr - Tired of the grind for useless items, to old for that shit.  I know its optional but it doesn't mean I won't participate but if its 175 per character I will step out.

I agree, but still it's less annoying than Halloween event, I HATE the always night thing thats just annoying for no reason

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

"It's beginning to look a lot like F..." oh wait, "you can't say that on TV". :X

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I admit, the fall leaves are a nice touch.  But maybe I'd save the gardening for the week of Thanksgiving?  That tree's gonna be dead before Tony Romo can even hand out the turkey legs.

Edited by skoryy

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

9 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Whoops!  I didn't say that to be discouraging!  It's likely that Candy Cane salvage will be easy to achieve because of the time frame.  It's the beginning of Nov!  We have a while, yet!  Happy holidays!

@Super Whatsit

6 hours ago, Display Name said:

Whoops!  I didn't say that to be discouraging!  It's likely that Candy Cane salvage will be easy to achieve because of the time frame.  It's the beginning of Nov!  We have a while, yet!  Happy holidays!

Naw its ok.  Did it for years in other games as well but at some point it starts to feel like a grind that only produces a cosmetic effect.  Would rather play the game than obsess over trivial things.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Ten years of WoW totally burned me out on holiday events. By the time my main over there had earned the meta-achievements for all the holidays, I just completely lost interest in participating in them any more. Also, count me in as one who did not care for a full month of "night". The constant dreariness of the Rogue Isles is one of the main things that makes me not want to play redside, so I'd rather not have it blueside as well.

• Sad 1

It's beginning to look a lot like more and more click-bait thread titles are being posted?  😁

As to the topic - yay!  I can't wait to open presents.   Too bad we can't get evil Santa from Futurama or Teen Titans.  That would be fun!

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Like 1

Click-bait?!  My OP was informative for new players (like myself) who are unfamiliar with the Winter event! So, there! Lol!

I want to collect the candy canes salvage, but I don't know which AE mission my group participated in to get 'em!

@Super Whatsit

Hold on a tick, where is the OP getting candy canes from already???

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 11/7/2019 at 2:28 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Hold on a tick, where is the OP getting candy canes from already???

i've got tons in my email from winter packs. i suppose i should yank them out and throw them on the AH for badgers and costumers, assuming there's nothing useful to use them on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1