Cosmetic requests thread

Daisho

Would it be possible to have a thread sticky'd, were we could just put requests for cosmetic additions/changes in?

I'm not sure how feasible some of these are, but here are a few that would be appreciated:

- Add ninja/beast run toggles that don't give bonuses to movement, but don't use endurance either, so they can be left on permanently for beast and ninja-type characters.

- Add new animations for the fighting pool powers.

- Add no-show/minimum fx versions of the blaster secondary lvl20 toggles.

- Weapon versions of judgement incarnate attacks, i.e. Ion blast from laser rifles, Mighty/Vorpal with staffs, etc. Existing animation could be used with their timings adjusted.

Edited by Daisho
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later

Bumping with more ideas/suggestions.

-No-redraw versions of power pool powers, i.e. weapon isn't put away when using jab, kick, jump kick, spring attack, hasten, etc.

-No-redraw versions of Incarnate powers.

-Allow custom colors for Arachnos Widow and Soldier powers.

-Make vanity pets persist through zone changes.

Edited by Daisho
  • Like 3

-Lava and Crystal versions of Granite Armor

-Expand color palettes for various powers like Quicksand, Storm powers, etc.

-More jet packs and rocket boots!

-Add flame jet animations to vanguard jet backpack and imperial boots for flight.

-Jet pack version of the Arachnos Soldier backpack

Edited by Daisho
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later
On 11/11/2019 at 4:55 AM, Daisho said:

- Add ninja/beast run toggles that don't give bonuses to movement, but don't use endurance either, so they can be left on permanently for beast and ninja-type characters.

Having the P2W vendor sell Sprint clones with these animations (like how Prestige Power Slide has its own animation) seems like a pretty straighforward way to implement this.

Honestly, even the endurance drain I can tolerate, but not being able to use Ninja/Beast Run with Combat Jumping really hurts buildmaking.

5 minutes ago, RabbitUp said:

Having the P2W vendor sell Sprint clones with these animations (like how Prestige Power Slide has its own animation) seems like a pretty straighforward way to implement this.

Honestly, even the endurance drain I can tolerate, but not being able to use Ninja/Beast Run with Combat Jumping really hurts buildmaking.

The reason those powers are de-togglers is because their animations interfere and don't work with most other powers, like Combat Jumping, so if this was to be implemented that's not going to allow that combination, as the animations will still be broken

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

12 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

The reason those powers are de-togglers is because their animations interfere and don't work with most other powers, like Combat Jumping, so if this was to be implemented that's not going to allow that combination, as the animations will still be broken

But Combat Jumping doesn't have any special animations. Same for Super Speed and Super Jump. Add the fact that the Runs actually work fine with Power Slide, and it makes me think this isn't an issue of clashing animations, but that they just didn't want you to use the Runs with other travel powers.

2 minutes ago, RabbitUp said:

But Combat Jumping doesn't have any special animations. Same for Super Speed and Super Jump. Add the fact that the Runs actually work fine with Power Slide, and it makes me think this isn't an issue of clashing animations, but that they just didn't want you to use the Runs with other travel powers.

well they SAID at the time it was animation issues, though as they were for the money store, and they promised nothing in there would be a real advantage that may also have been part of the reason, however Super Jump does have it's own animations, and combat jumping has them on toggle on

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 12/27/2019 at 7:47 AM, boggo2300 said:

well they SAID at the time it was animation issues, though as they were for the money store, and they promised nothing in there would be a real advantage that may also have been part of the reason, however Super Jump does have it's own animations, and combat jumping has them on toggle on

I think they were mostly thinking of powers like the Magic Carpet or Hoverboard.  Ninja and Beast run likely are made incompatible with movement powers for balance reasons since both would buff movement speeds.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Found a thread on tails, but not much in it so hopefully it isn't a problem posting here about it again.

I would like to see all the tails be animated. I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want the tail to be animated.

I would also still like to see an electrical power cord tail with a plug on the end for recharging those robot/mechanized characters.

Some animation on some of the hair styles would be nice (I can understand why someone wouldn't want some of the hair styles to be animated).

I would love to see a large wrench and large screwdriver in the Dual Wield set (conceptual for one of my characters). Even just add access to the wrench from the Mace set to Dual Wield would be cool.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• It's already been brought up for @Captain Powerhouse in the first Tanker feedback thread, but weaponless (no blade/mallet) versions of the elemental melee sets (Stone, Fiery, Ice) and Psi Melee;
  • No FX/PvP-only version of Scorpion Shield (you can minimize the effect, but there's still some distortion around you);
  • Ninja Run's backflip at the apex of the jump included in Combat Jumping;
  • Ninja/Beast Run clone power in P2W that uses the normal running and jumping animations instead of replacing them;
  • No Redraw option for Arachnos Soldiers and Arachnos Widows (Assault Rifle, Mace, and Claws all have No Redraw options)

Some notes on earlier posts:

On 12/9/2019 at 5:04 AM, Daisho said:

Allow custom colors for Arachnos Widow and Soldier powers.

You can color the gun, mace, and backpack for Soldiers; that's as much customization as most weapon-based powersets get - although they usually have a no redraw option and Soldiers don't, so I added the last bullet point above. The other sets that don't offer a "no redraw" option are Titan Weapons, Staff Fighting, which offer only Bright and Dark options, and Spines, which has a lot of options that would need to be copied for no redraw.

Widows don't have a lot of options, though - they can't edit the claws and only Indomitable Will and Mask Presence have options beyond "original", and that's "No FX/PvP Only".

59 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I would like to see all the tails be animated. I don't see a reason why you wouldn't want the tail to be animated.

The only tail that isn't animated is the Bunny Tail, which is a puffball that doesn't have anything to animate: the Phoenix Tail itself doesn't move, but has an animated texture and wouldn't look right using the normal swaying animation all the other animated tails use.

I don't see a reason why you would take the options away from people who don't want it to be animated, so there really isn't anything to do here - just skip the non-animated ones if you don't like them.

I would like to see the Gold Bricker flight pack added as a backpack option. I see it's available as a temp power, so...

(One of my hero alts is a reformed, rehabilitated former Gold Bricker, and I wish he could still use his old flight pack. I currently use that Sky Raiders porter backpack because it's the closest approximation.)

• 2 weeks later

maybe have the glowing 'Spectrum' texture on a few different hairstyles. Would be great for glowing hair as seen on many different comic book characters!

Male/Huge - Fury, Princeton, Shiver, Spikey, Hipster, Barbaric, Wild, Tall Spikey, Dreadlocks, Mohawk Tall, Mohawk Spikey, Topknot

Female - Posh, Gamine, Long 2, Glam, Low Ponytail, High Ponytail, Beverly Thrills, Pigtails Fat, Feisty, Spikes, Tall Spikes, Wild, Shimmer, Mohawk Tall, Topknot

Edited by Tyrannical

56 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

maybe have the glowing 'Spectrum' texture on a few different hairstyles. Would be great for glowing hair as seen on many different comic book characters!

Male/Huge - Fury, Princeton, Shiver, Spikey, Hipster, Barbaric, Wild, Tall Spikey, Dreadlocks, Mohawk Tall, Mohawk Spikey, Topknot

Female - Posh, Gamine, Long 2, Glam, Low Ponytail, High Ponytail, Beverly Thrills, Pigtails Fat, Feisty, Spikes, Tall Spikes, Wild, Shimmer, Mohawk Tall, Topknot

Mirroring this I would like the 'Spectrum' texture to have a non-glowing matt version as well as the glowing version. Also a very easy option for the devs to add since it's already in the game files is the 'Athletic' tights option. Currently it's dev only but it's a bit more subtle than the bodysuit version and would allow for a nice muscular build.

Edited by DR_Mechano

(with the obvious caveat that this may not be technically possible in this engine, though DCUO has it:)

"Cosmic" skin/texture - body part appears to contain black star-filled space.  Surface may be slightly reflective/glossy, as if made of glass.  Tintable.

Edited by Megajoule

6 minutes ago, Megajoule said:

(with the obvious caveat that this may not be technically possible in this engine, though DCUO has it:)

"Cosmic" skin/texture - body part appears to contain black star-filled space.  Surface may be slightly reflective/glossy, as if made of glass.  Tintable.

Also, translucent/crystalline, maybe?

• Like 1

Another bump and suggestion for my humble thread:

- Add another section to the Upper Body > Chest Detail section, specifically for symbols, special symbols, letters, etc, so they can be used simultaneously with other chest items like bandoliers, stealth, etc. (This is what nearly all Longbow NPCs have, for example)

longbow1-thumb-480x360.jpg

Would it be possible to put 'leg details' into the game? I'm told that making a new category in the costume creator is a tough job, but we could perhaps combine it with the tails category?

I know this means a few people will be upset that they cant have tails AND leg details, but it's probably the best shot we got for it.

When you have the time, if it would be possible, could you make Assault Rifle models available to Arachnos Soldiers, and Arachnos Soldier rifles to characters with the Assault Rifle powerpool? And maybe consider including some of the Beam Rifle rifles too. The Legacy model and the one that looks kind of like an AKM/AK-74 look like they could pass for Assault Rifle rifles and Arachnos Soldier rifles easily. Please and thank you.

• 1 month later