Jump to content
KeyboardKitsune

Badge Tracker Spreadsheet

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, darkgob said:

Ah, I see where you got the name from now, was wondering.  Hero Corps Recruit in Steel is called Hero Corps Reject on villains.

Whoops, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KeyboardKitsune said:

Well, I've finally got the new badge tracker app into a semi-reasonable state.

It's still missing a ton of badges... I'll get stuck into those over the next week or so.

 

Anyone feel like being a [Bug Hunter] for me and testing it out in the mean-time?

 

https://n15g.github.io/badger/

 

 

For those of us who aren't software developers, how do we run this?

  • Like 1

@War Mage

War Mage - 1531, Clair Esprit - 1504, Herr Blitzkrieg 892

Recommended Badge Tracking site  - https://cityofbadgers.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Axis said:

For those of us who aren't software developers, how do we run this?

Just open the link, the app is hosted on github pages, so it's just like a normal website.

The menu at the top has the badge list, and you can create a character by clicking on 'My Characters'. I should probably rename that... It sounds like it's linking to *my* characters considering the homepage is written in the first person to a degree. In fact, assume that I've already renamed it to 'Characters', I'll do that now.

Alternatively, you can download and run it locally from the source, but I wouldn't recommend that if you're not familiar with node JS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tinkered with the new site and it is quite impressive! A few suggestions/comments (before I get to the praise):

  1. It might be nice if there were a means to delete or rename a character. I assume deletion could be done by manually going into the cache but I don't know how hard it might be to track down the actual file(s) associated with each character.
  2. When testing the import/export function, I was able to export just fine. I decided to test the import function by re-naming my character from within the export text (i.e. from BADGER|homecoming|Everlasting|<char_name>) but that did not work. No matter what name I changed the character name to, it seemingly wouldn't import. This initially made me think the import function was broken until I went into the original character, unchecked some badges, and saw that upon import, those badges were restored. That's when I realized that it would always overwrite the character from which the text was orignally exported, and that changing the name within the text had no effect. That is probably working as intended but I just wanted to let you know I tried it. 
  3. It might be nice to sort the badges by Hero/Villain/Praetorian only, but that's not a huge issue.
  4. For the invention badges, it might be nice to be able to display only the badges relevant to a certain level, such as only the 25-30 level badges. Maybe having a description search in addition to the name search would accomplish this and allow for more robust searching.

Otherwise I love what you've done with it so far. It's really intuitive and I was able to figure things out quickly. The sort/filter features work well, although it took me a bit longer to determine exactly what the 'In-game Desc.' sort feature did.

 

There are so many little features that really make this stand out. 

  1. The individual checkboxes for each individual plaque in the History badge set
  2. The /loc coordinates and especially the synchronization with the plaque and exploration badge marker numbers as they appear in VidiotMaps
  3. The ability to track progress on the Invention badges
  4. The differentiation between alignment- and gender-specific badge names

Overall I think it looks great! If there is anything else I can do to help test it out, please let me know.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's.......really easy to use!

 

The only way you could make this easier is to have a way to import them directly from the game! 😄

 

Is the order the badges are in changeable in any way? Would be nice to switch between things like Alphabetical (to find a specific badge to see if you have it or missed it) or in game order (to make it easier to update a character the first time.)

 

Edit: Doh! Never mind, completely missed the drop box at the end 😄

 

Can't wait for this to have all the badges on there, will make it easier to work out which badges I've missed on the spreadsheet, I'm get a 2 badge discrepancy and I can't work out where it is!

Edited by Coin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great!  Would be nice to have a bulk add feature on the search page, so you can just check every badge in the search results with a single click.

 

 

In terms of the badges themselves:

  • You have Trusting and Arriviste as the same badge like they were on live -- my understanding is that they have been split into two separate badges now that are alignment-dependent in order to earn them.  Haven't confirmed this myself though.
  • The second level range on the Ouroborous badges says 15-19, but the spreadsheet says 16-19 (which I assume is correct since the first range is 1-15).
  • AE badges are all under Achievements (AE category is empty on search).
Edited by darkgob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I tinkered with the new site and it is quite impressive! A few suggestions/comments (before I get to the praise):

  1. It might be nice if there were a means to delete or rename a character. I assume deletion could be done by manually going into the cache but I don't know how hard it might be to track down the actual file(s) associated with each character.
  2. When testing the import/export function, I was able to export just fine. I decided to test the import function by re-naming my character from within the export text (i.e. from BADGER|homecoming|Everlasting|<char_name>) but that did not work. No matter what name I changed the character name to, it seemingly wouldn't import. This initially made me think the import function was broken until I went into the original character, unchecked some badges, and saw that upon import, those badges were restored. That's when I realized that it would always overwrite the character from which the text was orignally exported, and that changing the name within the text had no effect. That is probably working as intended but I just wanted to let you know I tried it. 
  3. It might be nice to sort the badges by Hero/Villain/Praetorian only, but that's not a huge issue.
  4. For the invention badges, it might be nice to be able to display only the badges relevant to a certain level, such as only the 25-30 level badges. Maybe having a description search in addition to the name search would accomplish this and allow for more robust searching.

Otherwise I love what you've done with it so far. It's really intuitive and I was able to figure things out quickly. The sort/filter features work well, although it took me a bit longer to determine exactly what the 'In-game Desc.' sort feature did.

 

There are so many little features that really make this stand out. 

  1. The individual checkboxes for each individual plaque in the History badge set
  2. The /loc coordinates and especially the synchronization with the plaque and exploration badge marker numbers as they appear in VidiotMaps
  3. The ability to track progress on the Invention badges
  4. The differentiation between alignment- and gender-specific badge names

Overall I think it looks great! If there is anything else I can do to help test it out, please let me know.

You never disappoint Chemist! 

 

Thanks for the input, yet again xD

 

1: I completely overlooked this... derp. Noted- https://github.com/n15g/badger/issues/1

2: Correct... I popped the character name and such into the export string to make it easier to differentiate the output if for some reason you wanted to dump all your character strings next to each other... it may have been unnecessary. The character name is actually stored in the output though, if you wanted to play with it. Everything after the triple pipe is the actual content. It's base 64 encoded gzipped json, so to make it legible, just reverse the process with something akin to (bash) echo "the string" | base64 - d | gunzip > result. I'll add the ability to rename characters asap though.

The import function could easily be extended to import something to spit out from the game though if somebody felt like producing something like that :3

3: Yep. Good point. Can't believe I overlooked that too. Noted - https://github.com/n15g/badger/issues/2

4: Also a good idea - https://github.com/n15g/badger/issues/3

I can easily extend the text search to search the description as well, or in the case of the inventions, the associated levels. That'd probably be an easy solution.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, darkgob said:

Looks great!  Would be nice to have a bulk add feature on the search page, so you can just check every badge in the search results with a single click.

Great idea! Noted -https://github.com/n15g/badger/issues/5

 

22 minutes ago, darkgob said:

You have Trusting and Arriviste as the same badge like they were on live -- my understanding is that they have been split into two separate badges now that are alignment-dependent in order to earn them.  Haven't confirmed this myself though.

I wasn't sure what to do with this one. If anyone can confirm, I'll split it out.

 

24 minutes ago, darkgob said:

The second level range on the Ouroborous badges says 15-19, but the spreadsheet says 16-19 (which I assume is correct since the first range is 1-15).

These are all over the place... The badge text doesn't match the oro ranges, and the wiki data is even more inconsistent... The spreadsheet was using the wiki values, but I deferred to the badge text for the app. I've raised an issue to gather more info: https://github.com/n15g/coh-content-db-homecoming/issues/2

29 minutes ago, darkgob said:

AE badges are all under Achievements (AE category is empty on search).

Well, crap. Fixing - https://github.com/n15g/coh-content-db-homecoming/issues/1

 

Thanks for all the feedback!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm this, Trusting and Arriviste are now separately earnable badges.   

  • Thanks 1

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is still being updated, but after some discussion in the discord about Bug Hunter, I'm reposting the same thing I said in the new badge tracker thread about it. Same issue as in that thread, on the spreadsheet Bug Hunter is counting towards the badge total, but on the Homecoming servers Bug Hunter doesn't count, similar to Flames of Prometheus. 

 

Link to the post I made on the other thread: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/11333-new-badge-tracker/?do=findComment&comment=128568

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Piyerus said:

Not sure if this is still being updated, but after some discussion in the discord about Bug Hunter, I'm reposting the same thing I said in the new badge tracker thread about it. Same issue as in that thread, on the spreadsheet Bug Hunter is counting towards the badge total, but on the Homecoming servers Bug Hunter doesn't count, similar to Flames of Prometheus. 

 

Link to the post I made on the other thread: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/11333-new-badge-tracker/?do=findComment&comment=128568

For easy stuff like this I'll try to keep it up-to-date.
I've removed it from the master doc. If you want to remove it from your personal copies, just delete the checkbox from the first cell and it will no longer be added to the totals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ever since I started using the badge tracking spreadsheet (a few months ago) I've had one more badge on my character than the spreadsheet shows I should have. I figured this was a data entry mistake and I'd figure it out in time.

 

This morning I finally discovered that there's a badge on my character that isn't on the spreadsheet.

 

The badge is called "Happy New Year!" and its text simply reads "Happy New Year!" also. It's an Event badge, listed last in that category.

 

One might think I earned this badge today (given the timing) but I've had this off-by-one issue for months, there's no completion time recorded on badge hover, and it's not listed in my recently completed badges. So I think I've had this badge for a long time and just didn't notice.

 

I'm attaching a screenshot.

 

Edit: One other strange thing about this badge is that it only shows up in my "Badges" tab in the nav bar, not in the "Badges" tab under "Options -> Personal Info". The latter is how I seeded the spreadsheet so that explains how I missed it initially.

 

Edit2: Ok, nevermind. I see this on a non-badger character too, and I can confirm by eye that it doesn't affect badge totals. It must be a temporary badge for today.

 

Now I'm back to wondering what badge I have that's not recorded in the spreadsheet...

 

Edit3: OK, found the difference - I have the Pursuer/Elusive badge, from logging in during November. I didn't notice it awarding at the time and didn't think I had any badges from that section. Yay, I feel closure 🙂

 

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 9.06.55 AM.png

Edited by Second Coming
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That badge is a new one to me too, didn't realize they gave out a badge. But it does have the same properties of the other badges that don't count towards badge total that I know of, namely Flames of Prometheus, Bug Hunter, and Beta Tester (which I believe was never released and probably never will be, but you can give it to yourself using GM commands on the beta server). It may be related to the box of fireworks temp power they gave out for the new years, since I know the game often uses pseudo-badges that you can't normally view on your character to track things (you can track these using settitle commands). Or maybe it's just so you can give yourself a badge title.

 

Not sure the other specifics of the badge right now (is it a global or a per-character badge? Is it for the event only or will it persist?) which I can't test right now since any character that logs in right now will get/already have the badge. Only thing I have been able to test so far is that it doesn't show up automatically on the Beta server.

 

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the badge is now gone, so we can confirm it was a temporary badge tied to the event, with probably the same lifespan of the temp power. Not sure if it's directly tied to the temp power or just parallel to it, but no way to know for sure (and doesn't matter in the end). Since there's no apparent way to KEEP this badge, there's no use in updating any of the badge trackers with it.

Edited by Piyerus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry if this is a noob question - I downloaded the files from https://github.com/n15g/coh-content-db-homecoming but I'm not sure what to do with them? I see the spreadsheet here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nCvYqENjH6YJgvCxA7xDYbV3iSWyzKoGfEEAhWfZWS4/edit#gid=1829060276 but it says that's being replaced with the webapp. Am I supposed to put these files from the first link somewhere in my coh folder? 

 

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Brutal Crinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...