Homecoming Screenshots Thread

23 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Scenes from a failing graphics card (from back on live).... 

I played like this for 2-3 months until I could save enough for a new graphics card.  The slow decline over time was hilarious! 😄  

image.thumb.jpeg.ecee6d71ac718c56c058b3b5e0f20b96.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d1fa2c018fbfac4594a8262d2aff0408.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ee2739ec65e00fe1836597e6105832f5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ff25afd0613e8870e3b485e42003e3e8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b65ce016d46df2fd87837b79535c31e9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a89a115ed210c84074463a2bbd15b004.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1b06bf90c2bf5708ada59e9181a04648.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.928ce0b52d4fdd6743c881340a2c1ee2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d6770bcdc6cfa66ff0b9193e05b231ea.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5b047a0aa4e946ab06c6a38542fe02ad.jpeg

I remember playing like this on live..

Those are like an M.C. Escher painting!

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

So... I'm running one of my toons thru the "Kidnap PTS Workers" mission for Marshal Brass. As I'm leading the first guy back across the facility to the manhole exit, I notice a silhouette lurking on the horizon. At first, I just think it's one of the giant statues then my brain decides to actually work and I'm like "Wait a sec... this is Cap au Diable. There AREN'T any giant statues! WTF?!?!?"

The next day, I take a different toon on the same mish and make a point of visiting roughly the same spot on the map. Sure enough... there, lukring on the horizon, is the silhouette of a giant statue that isn't actually there.

Tonight, I intend to take a third toon up to the PTS plant in the "open world" and go to that spot to see if the silhouette is there. It could just be something on the "mission map" version of the area and not actually present on the open zone map.

screenshot_231224-00-20-20.jpg

screenshot_231225-01-41-49.jpg

• Like 4

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

5 hours ago, Healix said:

If it were me, I'd go to it to see what it is and take another screenie

I can't. It's an "outdoor" mission map so the mission area is enclosed and blocked off.

It's not just the "Kidnap PTS Workers" mish either. The Golden Roller gives a mish in which you plant bombs around the PTS facility. The silhouette can be seen in that mish as well. However, on the regular "open world" map, there's nothing.

screenshot_231226-01-57-49.jpg

screenshot_231225-22-07-21.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RikOz said:

How peculiar... the pose also doesn't seem to match any of the statues that I can recall. Is there a female statue with the arms just hanging at her sides like that?

I'm pretty sure this is it. It's in the lobby of the Freedom Corp building in Galaxy City. The plaque wasn't readable so the woman is never identified.

statue.jpg

22 hours ago, RikOz said:

How peculiar... the pose also doesn't seem to match any of the statues that I can recall. Is there a female statue with the arms just hanging at her sides like that?

the one in PI next to Crimson?

POBMOuD.jpg

• Like 3
y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

I was thinking it might be that one (strangely enough, I could identify the hairstyle in the original screenshot), but I couldn't remember her arm position. Alas, I didn't get a chance to go check in-game.

2 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Came across a rooftop picnic area in King's Row, I wish these were more prevalent.

I stumbled across that a while back. Pretty cool! Though the pollution in KR might explain why there's nobody eating up there :D

• 3 weeks later
4 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

I'm not even mad, Synapse.

I'm just disappointed.

I've had the same thought. Like when I get directed to a Nemesis base located in that northern Skyway building with the Longbow helicopter on the roof.

• Haha 1

On 12/25/2023 at 6:16 PM, sykoholic001 said:

So... I'm running one of my toons thru the "Kidnap PTS Workers" mission for Marshal Brass. As I'm leading the first guy back across the facility to the manhole exit, I notice a silhouette lurking on the horizon. At first, I just think it's one of the giant statues then my brain decides to actually work and I'm like "Wait a sec... this is Cap au Diable. There AREN'T any giant statues! WTF?!?!?"

CSI: Paragon City is on it!

enhance! Enhance! ENHANCE!! Ah-ha!

…dude’s looking for Niblet.

IMG-1102.jpg
IMG-1103.jpg
IMG-1104.jpg
IMG-1105.jpg

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later
51 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Praetorian hospital back entrance.

Whaaaat!?!!

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum