Is claws/wp the simplest build to play and what is the most complex?

DougGraves

Hard to imagine an AT simpler than scrapper with one set of basically passives and one attack set.

Willpower has no click powers and a lot are auto.  Claws has no build up, just an attack with a similar effect.  So you basically just spam attacks as they recharge. 

Is any build simpler?

And what is the most complicated?  I would think a mastermind or a controller. 

There are some melees i wont play because of mechanics.  I forget which sword set has a super complex chain of attack possibilities with different outcomes. Not for me. Never rolled one. Dark Armor looks complex but it is not if you just Brute through and run everything. If you build on the cheap you may have to juggle toggles. I wont run Bio Armor because the graphics. It has to be managed ti get more effectiveness

the most complex i can think of would be a MM/traps.  You have to plan and execute plan juggling pets toys and locations to maximize effectiveness

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I wont run Bio Armor because the graphics. It has to be managed ti get more effectiveness

Bio Armor's graphics are awesome set on Minimal Effects. Especially when you do it up in blood red.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

There are some melees i wont play because of mechanics.  I forget which sword set has a super complex chain of attack possibilities with different outcomes.

Dual blades.  One of the most beautiful sets to watch, but the mechanics are ridiculously complex

I'd say anything with debuff toggles starts to get a little complex, but the changes here make it easier.

I kind of compare characters to driving cars.

The ones that drive like sports cars, where as long as you watch the road and your reflexes don't fail, you fly, until you hit a pebble and crash, are sometimes complex to insure your powers are all working properly.

Dominators are probably my vote there, along with some Corruptors amd tricked out Blasters.

The easier ones like Scrappers just keep on like a work-horse pickup truck, but are not hard to drive, it's just ones like Dual Blades also have a turbo mode that can take your eyes off the road too much sometimes to make the ride less enjoyable.

3 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Hard to imagine an AT simpler than scrapper with one set of basically passives and one attack set.

Willpower has no click powers and a lot are auto.  Claws has no build up, just an attack with a similar effect.  So you basically just spam attacks as they recharge. 

Is any build simpler?

And what is the most complicated?  I would think a mastermind or a controller. 

Well, if you went with an archery/tactical arrow blaster, you basically have all attacks and like 1-2 toggles.  It's actually pretty fun, too!

Edited by biostem

55 minutes ago, biostem said:

Well, if you went with an archery/tactical arrow blaster, you basically have all attacks and like 1-2 toggles.  It's actually pretty fun, too!

Re-quoted for truth. It's also ridiculously low END cost so you don't even need slots in Stamina or the secondary that grants bonus recovery so you can basically just fire off whatever is up at the moment. There's a LITTLE strategy in terms of when to use your snipe (if you can use it as a finisher and another mob is nearby it'll buff your other attacks to beyond normal mob perception range for ten seconds making it super easy to pull single mobs from your next targeted spawn without aggroing the rest).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Bio Armor's graphics are awesome set on Minimal Effects. Especially when you do it up in blood red.

Skinless Scarlet and her blood magic agree.

On topic, yea, claws/wp is cruise control. I'd say properly played Kheldians are on the difficult side of things.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1

I’d say blappers but I can see cases made for kheldians and MMs. The latter two are a bit more techincally complex in nature but blappers are about finesse and they can be technically complex too with all the click powers.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

You guys beat me to it... My vote for most complex to get right?

The classic tri-form "MFing Warshade".

That takes a good sense of timing and coordination to play well.

Dual Blade sounds like it would be a pain to play, but I've found it less of a hassle in-practice than it looks like on proverbial paper. Once you know which attacks trigger the combination effects, it's pretty easy to pick if/when you want to use them, and the utility of the set isn't dependent on getting that right. You'll do fine even if you never trigger a combo at all. Street and Titan are actually more fiddly in my experience.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I hadn't thought about the tri-forms, but yeah, they'd be the worst.  For Tankers, I'd probably say Stone Armor/Dual Blades.  That Rooted pretty much requiring Teleport to do any significant movement complicates Stone Armor's use.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Since Dual Blades was mentioned, I have to say my experience with a DB stalker was odd. Once I got the attacks I wanted, I enjoyed it quite a bit leveling up (vanguard weapons for lightsaber-y looks!)... But when I hit 50 and was about to start Incarnate stuff, I found I didn't want to go through it on a DB toon. Just something about the set made me NOT want to go Incarnate, and I loved that stuff on my night widow.

Otherwise I have to agree with the tri-form Warshade replies.