Unlimited Funds in Minutes & Level 50 too

Troo

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I gotta get this off my chest.  I'm probably in the minority saying this.... but does anyone else play this game anymore?   I mean... the whole farm to 50 as fast as possible in AE while AFK farming the money you need to afford the build you copied from the forums?  It's like buying a Superbowl trophy instead of winning one.  What's the point?  What's it prove?  Why bother playing the game if you're not going to actually PLAY the game?

OK... I'm done... I know I can't win that argument.  Go do whatever floats your boat and makes you feel cool.  We're all awesome in our own special blah blah blah Adele lyrics.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/12155-going-forward-can-we-have-more-things-that-mean-something/?tab=comments#comment-121433

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/48-roleplaying/

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/15702-monkey-fight-club-its-not-a-secret-anymore/

People play how they play.

What "point" was there ever to begin with?

There's nothing to prove.  Nothing to earn, other than the experiences we share, and some of us have absolutely no interest in experiences that involve endless grind for shiny baubles that could just as easily be toggled on with the flip of a switch.

It's a game.  

People play it to enjoy it.  

What's enjoyable is entirely subjective.

Same as it ever was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I gotta get this off my chest.  I'm probably in the minority saying this.... but does anyone else play this game anymore?   I mean... the whole farm to 50 as fast as possible in AE while AFK farming the money you need to afford the build you copied from the forums?  It's like buying a Superbowl trophy instead of winning one.  What's the point?  What's in prove?  Why bother playing the game if you're not going to actually PLAY the game?

OK... I'm done... I know I can't win that argument.  Go do whatever floats your boat and makes you feel cool.  We're all awesome in our own special blah blah blah Adele lyrics.

I play the game.  I have been known to skip a few levels between 25 and 40ish but I also play those levels.  I currently have 98 toons so I have hit plenty of story arcs.  I soloed for 6 months just to relearn stuff and not embarrass myself on teams.  Since I started teaming I am relearning the TFs.  There are quite a few teams in several level ranges I see running every day on Indom so there are still people who play 😁

And yes people play how they want but if 95% PL to 50 then very few  are around for those SC radio teams 😝

3 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Now I want rum cake....hold the cake.

Might I recommend this instead...

https://konagoldhawaii.com/products/signature-rum-cake

Keep away from open flame. 

😵

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Shred Monkey said:

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I gotta get this off my chest.  I'm probably in the minority saying this.... but does anyone else play this game anymore?   I mean... the whole farm to 50 as fast as possible in AE while AFK farming the money you need to afford the build you copied from the forums?  It's like buying a Superbowl trophy instead of winning one.  What's the point?  What's in prove?  Why bother playing the game if you're not going to actually PLAY the game?

+3000

Hence the no farming needed insta-50 bling bling suggestion for those that are into that.

(Honestly I wish posting the terms AFK and Farming together resulted in 10 day account bans for the first offense) Which is clearly why I wouldn't put myself in charge.

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I still level all my characters by hand so to speak but I find myself only leveling the ones I really like to 50. I have quite a few abandoned in the 20-30 range because they got boring or the powerset/character concept just wasn't clicking anymore. I have a bunch in the 10-15 range waiting on their day in the sun to see how far I make it with them. I have somewhere around 400 hrs on my main (Frostbiter) on HC and had some 2500 on him back on Live. I tend to stick with the ones I really like for my playtime.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

The true beauty of the test server isn't to create an instant 50 to play there as your main, it's to test build a toon to see how it will play in the end. We have all probably created toons that we abandoned at some point because they didn't click. The test server will help you determine if that is a build you want to pursue.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

This game is byyyyyy farrrrrrrr the bestest game evah for needing anything including inf its nothing to make what I need to get purples for my 50 mains ( lol I call ALL my 50's my mains) or just enjoy the char 1-50 (and I can honestly say none 0 zip nada have seen a farm) with so's/do's same/same to me this game is sooooo enjoyable it means very little to me in regards to inf etc. etc.. Its nothing to find a purple recipe in my inventory like finding 20 bucks in your jean pocket you forgot all about 🙂Like sooo many have posted it's a game...the best mmo evah so yea enjoy 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bill3.jpg.f1ff7a242b7765691cf45caa5d829f5a.jpg

My DA page

—“too soon old, and too late smart.”  

On 6/22/2020 at 2:36 PM, seresibyl3 said:

This is the ytmnd that actually made me learn a lot of pi... like up to the third row I can sing.... lol

I only bothered memorizing pi to 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288, and e to 2.71828182845904523536...

On 6/23/2020 at 6:53 AM, Fire Chief said:

This game is byyyyyy farrrrrrrr the bestest game evah

+1

• Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

• 2 weeks later

If tomatoes are a fruit WHY isn't there tomato pie?

• Confused 1

but that's not fruit pie... is it?

spacer.png

oh that does look delicious.. what were we talking about?

I have seen Pineapples on a pizza.

So, technically, it could be considered a fruit pie.

I have also made a pizza for a customer that had lettuce, cucumbers, bean sprouts and tomato slices on it.

I would term that one vegan malpractice. But, to each his (or her) own, I guess.

Pizza is more of a fruit-covered flatbread than anything so I think technically it may be toast and jam? With cheese of course because cheese makes anything better.

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

On 6/23/2020 at 3:09 AM, Shred Monkey said:

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I gotta get this off my chest.  I'm probably in the minority saying this.... but does anyone else play this game anymore?   I mean... the whole farm to 50 as fast as possible in AE while AFK farming the money you need to afford the build you copied from the forums?  It's like buying a Superbowl trophy instead of winning one.  What's the point?  What's it prove?  Why bother playing the game if you're not going to actually PLAY the game?

I do play the game. At level 50. With builds I've made myself. I just skip the 1-50 grind in the same way most people skip the tutorial.

AFK Farming my characters from 1-50 in a day, and then AFK Farming vet levels 1-15 in a couple of days for incarnate powers, allows me to play a stable of tricked out level 50s alongside friends who have done the same. It is so much fun running a 3-or-4-man team on +4/8, taking out Lord Recluse and his top villains, or the entire Freedom Phalanx, or going on cosmic adventures in the Shadow Shard, or running difficult story-driven AE arcs. (Plus base building for the headquarters of these level 50 heroes/villains, plus making a shared universe of their stories over on Virtueverse. Plus RPing. Plus PVPing. Plus...plus....)

There's a lot of fun to be had playing the game at level 50. I don't understand why this weird "dOnT yOu LiKe PlAyInG tHe GaMe" rhetoric is being leveled at people who don't want to grind out 1-50. (I guess CoH is an old, niche, game - and long-time players will forever be at odds with anyone playing the game differently to them.)

Edited by Xanatos
  • Like 2

City of Heroes Class of 2001.