Heavy Metal Heroes (and Villains)!

RikOz

Are there any other metal fans here who have made characters inspired by your favorite bands? I've made a few!

One of my favorite bands is a German band called "Iron Savior". They have been telling a continous, high-concept science fiction story over the course of their albums. The "Iron Savior" in the story is actually a sentient spaceship created to defend humanity. The name "Iron Savior" was already taken on Everlasting (so I'm guessing there's another fan out there), so I went with an alternate name for the ship that is used in one of the songs, and created "Savior Machine", and since I can't actually create a sentient spaceship in the game, I went with a giant robot and made him a Titan Weapons/Energy Aura brute:

saviormachine.jpg.4bf9fa566f2482b7318b9c42cb16d2e2.jpg

The same band inspired another character. Their song "Cybernetic Queen" is more or less about a sexbot. I took inspiration from lines in the chorus that say:

"And as she burns in fire

Melting down in sweet desire

Her heart stays cold"

and made her a Fiery Melee/Ice Armor scrapper. This is just her original form; as she levels and earns enough money, she is gradually replacing body parts to take on a more human appearance:

cyberneticqueen.jpg.ef4c9d3c66bde7124559526a421fcea1.jpg

Here is Jinjer, inspired by Tatiana Shmailyuk, lead singer of the Ukrainian band, "Jinjer". I've modeled her costumes on various outfits I've seen Tatiana wear in live performances. She's a Sonic/Darkness blaster:

jinjer01.jpg.2ce4906f10e85ee17f55f7729d0956f7.jpgjinjer02.jpg.2a49f9d573c951d0c56549d8eace6f7c.jpg

jinjer03.jpg.ac2f446b9c072131452f3bfec6122b59.jpgjinjer04.jpg.0344ab29744978040984b3f3f71659e6.jpg

Sgt. Sabaton is modeled after Joakim Broden, lead singer of Swedish band "Sabaton", and is an Assault Rifle/Regeneration sentinel:

sgtsabaton.jpg.6dd63d4cc2d8c476b6bd1d116a79b536.jpg

And finally, Powerwulf, after German band Powerwolf, whose schtick is a church run by werewolves and vampires. His look here is based on the lead singer's look:

powerwulf.jpg.b3a9a2f8b70d316fbe3143d436287c70.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Then there are at least three Iron Savior fans on Everlasting.  I had the name on Virtue but never got around to rerolling that particular one on Everlasting.  He was a broadsword scrapper, I think.

Other metal inspirations have come from

• Angel Witch (en/en blaster, main)
  • Accept - Princess of the Dawn (inv/axe tank)
  • Helloween (spines/fire farmer)
  • Witchfynde (fire/fire blaster and fire/dark corr)
  • Wolfchant (dark/dark dom)
  • In Flames - December Flower (fire/kin corr)
  • Halford - Silent Scream (mind/storm)
  • Helloween/Iron Savior cover - Gorgar (originally fire/mace tank)
  • Mental Home - Wing of Camayun (kat/sr brute)
  • Black Sabbath - Eternal Idol (earth/time)

• Like 3

Hey, I've spotted Helloween several times!

I tried to make both an Angus McFife and a Gloryhammer, but both were taken (and glad to finally meet one of them - excellent job on the recreation!) Hmm, I wonder if Hootsman is available... (sigh, no it isn't).

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RikOz said:

Hey, I've spotted Helloween several times!

I tried to make both an Angus McFife and a Gloryhammer, but both were taken (and glad to finally meet one of them - excellent job on the recreation!) Hmm, I wonder if Hootsman is available... (sigh, no it isn't).

Thanks for the props! I didn't try Hootsman. But my one-man SG on Excelsior IS called Hootsforce...

• Like 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

I'd probably thrown an Umlat in his name but I've got BrootalDark over on Excelsior. I need to get back to leveling em to 50 too since he's in the early 40s. No particular references but I do kinda think he looks a bit like Lemmy Kilmister given the beard and hairdo. 

Brootal1.thumb.jpg.42e2b61f9a46c7cbb904a040c61ccf78.jpgBrootal2.thumb.jpg.77bcd604f870f1a58c435f6fe453d59f.jpgBrootal3.thumb.jpg.3a269006f5cc124499873ec7508d755a.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RikOz said:

Are there any other metal fans here who have made characters inspired by your favorite bands? I've made a few!

One of my favorite bands is a German band called "Iron Savior". They have been telling a continous, high-concept science fiction story over the course of their albums. The "Iron Savior" in the story is actually a sentient spaceship created to defend humanity. The name "Iron Savior" was already taken on Everlasting (so I'm guessing there's another fan out there), so I went with an alternate name for the ship that is used in one of the songs, and created "Savior Machine", and since I can't actually create a sentient spaceship in the game, I went with a giant robot and made him a Titan Weapons/Energy Aura brute:

Sgt. Sabaton is modeled after Joakim Broden, lead singer of Swedish band "Sabaton", and is an Assault Rifle/Regeneration sentinel:

278973990_DesktopScreenshot2020_03.14-11_19_10_41.png.4ea629eecaf09a53a3f0a432c9bc9353.png

It's so easy to make Joakim in this game. 😄

But why make him skinny? lol

BTW, I know this is a little off-topic, but where do I find my screenshots? I've taken several of them but none of them have shown up in my screenshots folder.

Yeah I do this too....

Bleeding Through - dark/staff tank

Allegaeon - Psi/energy scrapper

Opeth - Ice/Water defender

Infernal Deicide (band name is just Deicide...I typically use "Infernal" in my fire toons) - fire/kin controller

Silent Lucidity - ill/rad controller (Not a band and not necessarily a metal song, but............)
Infernal Dominion - fire/dark corrupter (Dominion a great death/doom metal band)

Sinsaenum - dark/dark defender

Infernal Nergal - spines/fire brute (named after the lead singer of the great death/dark metal band Behemoth)

Fozzy - savage/wp scrap

And ideas for many more!

• Like 2

I was listening to a lot of Megadeth around the time I made my spines/fire brute. I didn't have a concept in mind that fit the powerset so I decided to make him an amalgam of Dave Mustaine and Vic Rattlehead.

Edit: Given that he was intended to be a farmer and "kill" a lot of bad guys in AE, a Megadeth-inspired character seemed fitting. I went with metal spines, of course.

rustin.jpg

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CaptainZone said:

BTW, I know this is a little off-topic, but where do I find my screenshots? I've taken several of them but none of them have shown up in my screenshots folder.

If you're using the in-game screenshot tool, they'll be in the screenshots folder under your COH.  (At least on Windows.)

Not metal, but this thread makes me want to make a android toon called 2095 - based on the ELO song Yours Truly, 2095.  (Yes, I'm old.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Also not "metal," but back on Live I had "Dark Inkling", which was the title for a track by the band Coil.  She was a *something*/Dark troller, created to take advantage of the then-new Darkness Affinity set.

• Like 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 3/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, RikOz said:

Here is Jinjer, inspired by Tatiana Shmailyuk, lead singer of the Ukrainian band, "Jinjer". I've modeled her costumes on various outfits I've seen Tatiana wear in live performances. She's a Sonic/Darkness blaster:

I made Maria Phobia (Maria Franz from Euzen and Hielung with her costume from the video for Phobia) a sonic/dark corruptor.

• Like 1

The definition of metal seems to have shifted since the 1970s, but Jungle Jenny here is from an Alex Harvey song that was metal back when it was invented....

junglejenny.JPG.c65acd2de70f5509321933dce1c368c6.JPG

She is but one of several music related characters in my roster; others are Plaster Caster (is Kiss still metal?), Janitor of Lunacy, Mary of Silence, and Whiskey Woman. 

Then again, there's the look picked out by Grandma Gnosis for her Phantom Army......

grandma-gnosis-elvis.JPG.28289a00c0db01c7ffbf2f7802eb4c4a.JPG

Edited by Heraclea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I actually do have a metal hero. Headbanger, the pain domination/sonic defender. I made him just because I wanted to see how PD worked as a main since during the live years it wasn't very widely talked about and I picked a defender just because they got the powers earlier. Haven't played him in a while, I should do something about that.

He is 100% the reason why I want an APP with sword attacks in it. It'd be perfect.

• Like 1