Focused Feedback: Experimentation (Release Candidates)

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • Changes from the previous build will be listed in green.
  • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (as in, not changes relevant to the live version of the game) will be listed in blue.

New Origin Power Pool: Experimentation

"Experimentation gives you access to poisonous ranged attacks as well as powers that boost your attack power and the survivability of your allies. This pool's travel power is Speed of Sound. While active, this power allows you to run at incredible speeds and also gives you access to the Jaunt power. Jaunt allows you to quickly teleport long distances once every so often."

• As a reminder: Only one Origin Pool (Sorcery, Force of Will, Experimentation) can be active in a build at any one time.

Powers

• Experimentation_ExperimentalInjection.png.e1f0abeaa6f32db113752bdcb16ebdf7.png T1: Experimental Injection (Melee Ranged, Ally +Regeneration, +Recovery, +Res(Status))
    • You inject an ally with a compound that greatly boosts their regeneration, recovery and resistance to status effects for a short time. Recharge: Long
  • Experimentation_ToxicDart.png.ef51480e90855fcf820de552509f36d5.png T2: Toxic Dart (Ranged, Minor DMG(Lethal), High DMG(Toxic))
    • You fire a toxic dart at your target causing an very minor amount of immediate lethal damage followed by a High amount of toxic damage over time. Recharge: Moderate
  • Experimentation_SpeedofSound.png.6719bebb9f024c41868ab7a94f0cf20e.png T3: Speed of Sound (Toggle: Self +Speed, (Special))
    • Your experiments have yielded incredible results. By activating this power, you're able to run at incredible speeds. In fact, while this power is active, you gain access to the Jaunt power. Jaunt allows you to teleport to a distant location once every short while.
    • Experimentation_Jaunt.png.67249f39d2cb10fcf7616cb666a06e38.png Jaunt (Click, Self Teleport)
      • Clicking on this power and then selecting a location will cause the caster to vanish and reappear at their target location. Recharge: Moderate
        • Popup tray can now be disabled at Null the Gull
  • Experimentation_CorrosiveVial.png.a62eae4c84a492e753b72623de9e710c.png T4: Corrosive Vial (Ranged (Targeted AoE), High DoT(Toxic), -Defense)
    • You hurl a vial of toxic fluid that explodes upon impact leaving a corrosive puddle at your target's feet. Any foe that stands within the puddle will take toxic damage and have their defense reduced for a short while. Corrosive Vial requires you to have 2 powers from the Experimentation power pool. Damage: High (DoT), Recharge: Slow
  • Experimentation_AdrenalBooster.png.6d85824626eaadf12ae5aca039f7c6d1.png T5: Adrenal Booster (Self, +To Hit, +Recharge, +Damage, +Special)
    • You inject yourself with a concentrated experimental serum that boosts your damage, recharge, chance to hit and secondary effects for a short time. Adrenal Booster requires you to have 2 powers from the Experimentation power pool. Recharge: Very Long
  • Like 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Jaunt still plays the old Teleport animation when used with hover (and maybe other forms of flight?).  The animation only plays when you reach your destination but not when the power activates.

When your reach your destination and the old teleport animation activates, you cant move or activate powers. TP+hover is a fairly common staple. I was hoping to use hover+Jaunt as a combat teleport.  Is this indented?

So I have been testing Toxic Dart and Corrosive Vial on my Controller, to see how they interact with containment.

Toxic Dart behaves like Poisonous Ray from the Black Scorpion patron pool- an initial hit of typed damage, a GIANT hit of typed damage, then a toxic DOT.

In the case of Poisonous Ray, the initial hit and the second, larger containment hit are Energy Damage. With Toxic Dart, the initial and containment hit are both lethal damage. Is there any way to maybe make the second large containment hit for Toxic Dart toxic damage?

Secondly, now that Corrosive Vial has been changed to a pseudo-pet, it doesn't benefit from containment at all. This makes sense in terms of how the power works, but makes it a potentially unappealing choice for controllers. I don't know if there are other controller pseudo-pets, nor do I know how those interact with containment, but this seems like something that's not great.

Otherwise, the powerset is fun and thematic!

• Like 1

Given the pseudopets are being rebuilt lately to inherit AT modifiers, I wonder is it possible for them to also inherit Containment, Criticals, Scourge and such from the caster? It'd fix a lot of issues controllers especially have.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

So, noticing that this is still the case in the latest patch, and here's a new thread, I'm just going to note this once more.  And yeah, again, I know it's small small, but I also ask again that it get nipped in the bud now:

Please make it possible to disable the Jaunt bar by talking to Null the Gull.  Or however it needs to be done.  That got overlooked with Force of Will and never "fixed", so it'd be nice if we can see it already in place by the time the patch is "ready".

Apologies if this got addressed in the previous thread and I missed it, but, well, if it did, I missed it.

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Like 2

• Jimmy changed the title to Focused Feedback: Experimentation (RC 1)
39 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Can you please add -regen to toxic dart like envenomed daggers.

Disagree. -Regen is too rare and niche to put into an Origin pool.  You would see all sorts of expectations rise around taking this pool just for that component.

This does, however, seem like a cool addition to Medicine>Injection

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

What do you m eww an origin pool? Cause that would be exactly how it would be in the medicine pool too.

Sorcery, Experimentation, Force of Will, (and Gadgetry and Utility Belt when they arrive) are all keyed to different origins. They are mutually exclusive.

If my defender wants runic magic but I feel at all compelled to create an alternate build that drops sorcery for experimentation because it's the meta way of killing AVs, the set has failed at its premise of furthering origin's involvement.

Edited by Replacement
  • Like 2

Can we please up Toxic Dart's damage? There's no compelling reason to take it... it's currently worse than options already available to every AT save perhaps controllers. Pool attacks in general need to be evaluated to make them worthy picks at least on par with a basic T2 attack. Tweak the recharge up if need be, but make its DPA worthwhile and useful to slot. Same for basically everything save maybe crosspunch. No one needs a sub 1 second recharge on boxing after slotting it. 

It has no secondary, cant carry decent procs, cant be used while mezzed for blasters, etc.  It was looking like it would be a fun, fluff alternative to other ranged attacks. Now it's just a sub par option for everyone.

Edited by Bossk_Hogg
  • Like 1

• Jimmy changed the title to Focused Feedback: Experimentation (Release Candidates)
  • Jimmy unpinned this topic

I'm hoping someone tested this so I don't have to burn a Respec, but I see no mention...

Is Speed of Sound's teleport functionally usable with  with Stone Armor? Or would Granite/Rooted detoggle as soon as you toggled Speed of Sound on? I'm assuming this is the case.

Edited by ChrisMoses

3 minutes ago, ChrisMoses said:

I'm hoping someone tested this so I don't have to burn a Respec, but I see no mention...

Is Speed of Sound's teleport functionally usable with  with Stone Armor? Or would Granite/Rooted detoggle as soon as you toggled Speed of Sound on? I'm assuming this is the case.

I haven't tested it, but you should not be able to use Speed of Sound while in Granite/Rooted. Afterall, Speed of Sound is equivalent to Super Speed. You dont gain the Jaunt until Speed of Sound is active. So as you said, it would detoggle.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 hours ago, ChrisMoses said:

I just need a way out of being stuck with my most hated travel power constantly as my Stoner. 😞 I was hoping for an exception, like it wouldn't detoggle until you took a step.

If there's hope for the future, they may someday remove the travel restrictions on Rooted. Wont help with Granite, but at least it would give you status protection without having to be stuck to the earth.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

15 hours ago, JayboH said:

I have it bound and instantly spam it since you are hoping to not take fall damage which can be caused simply due to server lag which has increased since the patch

I don't normally take the "perpetually post about not changing anything" approach but yeah, I definitely think this is for the best. Not being able to chain the jaunts like that is good for reinforcing that you have super speed; not a dedicated teleporter.

I do get that can feel strange with the 3-charge system, but it's not bad - and the precedent was set with Burst of Speed.

Yeah the entire argument about it not being a dedicated teleporter with the 3 tp limit is all that is needed, and granting it limited hover wouldn't break that limitation or reinforcement that it isn't a dedicated teleporter.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

I'm really enjoying Jaunt as it is.  For characters that I want to jump into melee quickly it's absolutely perfect.  I can toggle it quick, port in, and toggle it off.   For general travel though, I'm not too impressed with it.  It seems like it always drops me closer than the reticle appears to be.

• Like 1