Outbreak tutorial...

Peacemoon

On 4/7/2020 at 2:05 PM, ArchVileTerror said:

Actually, nope, Outrid!  Contaminated can only be Level 1.

I know, since I use a special technique to service other players:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/12679-rapid-isolator-badge-and-taxi-services-available-on-everlasting/

And, yes, DougG.  100 defeated Contaminated to get Isolator.

I'm quite sure they do level up with difficulty.  I tried the +4/x8 challenge from the get go, but realized that without Rest it was virtually impossible, so now when I try it I wait to up the difficulty until lvl 2.

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Damn, I wonder what caused this odd behaviour in my run then.  Can the Devs confirm if anything has changed for the Contaminated recently?

It's only the ones in Flower Knight's mission.  You can't do the mission twice, so if you already did it, all that's left are the giant spawn of contaminated and they will always be level 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I could, actually, do the mission an unlimited number of times right now.  Due to the baseportal command, if someone zones out of Outbreak, then back in, it resets them all the way back to Officer Flint.  If the character is still level 1, then all the missions are  reset.  If the player is level 2 or higher (tested up to Level 10 presently), then each Contact just points them to the next one in the chain, until they get to Coyote, who offers the door mission at the character's current level.  But the Contaminated therein, in all of my experiments, were always level 1, despite my own level.

I think we might be talking cross purposes. I got into Outbreak as part of the flashback story arc introducing you to Ouroboros. I don't remember Flower Knight being there at all?

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

6 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Do tell, we just love gossip

Sadly, I don’t remember exactly how it’s done, as I only used it that one time. It involves entering a slash command while the zone select window is up that includes the zone ID#. I just copy/pasted the command, and I can’t recall where I found it. It may have been a tell in-game, actually.

I’m not comfortable exploiting bugs, even for mostly harmless purposes like that, so I didn’t bother to keep records of it. I also have no idea what kind of mischief may be possible if used maliciously, somehow.

• 3 years later
On 4/9/2020 at 1:27 AM, Peacemoon said:

I think I’ve seen some contaminated spawn in Atlas Park near the southern wall by Back Alley Brawler, but now I can’t be too sure they weren’t infected now that you mention it?

As I recall, there used to be an occasional single Contaminated that spawned in the vicinity of the Kings Row tram station. 

28 minutes ago, Paladin-6 said:

As I recall, there used to be an occasional single Contaminated that spawned in the vicinity of the Kings Row tram station. 

... Really, you needed to respond three years later? Really?

Can we stop necroing old threads?

• Thanks 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

54 minutes ago, Greycat said:

Not only necroing a thread three years later, but necroing it with misinformation.  The lone Contaminated is at the tram station in Recluse's Victory, not King's Row.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/7/2020 at 4:21 PM, justicebeliever said:

In Outbreak tutorial there is just Isolator...I suppose you could get some of the damage given and damage taken badges, but that would be mentally...damaging.

You can get the Caregiver Day Job badge in Outbreak.

On 4/7/2020 at 1:23 PM, Peacemoon said:

I seem to remember a second secret badge for the contaminated, now that it was mentioned. But perhaps I am misremembering it?

The only secret i jnow of related to isolator is there is a Train station (i think in RV???) where one contaminated shows up.  Kill him 100 times and even on live a Redside could get the badge before going Rouge. 

2 minutes ago, loyalreader said:

@Snarky aren't you technically 'Rouge' already? It is *red*side after all... 😉

it is hilarious how often people misspell the two things, Rouge and Rogue. So much so that both dictionary entries on line discuss the other word and its effect on each other.

I am currently learning German.  Why?  So i can watch old German vampire movies in the original language, of course!  Most of the spelling are easy, with pronunciations ....wow.  German vowels and those F-ing umlauts are killing me.  Especially since nearly every German language teacher explains it so easily. then you listen to a native German speaker.  You start to realize the only way they are referencing it is a different version of the vowel is a slight nod to the sound and context.  Even when they slowly say it the differences between men's and women's voices, and the subtlety of the vowel change can make it tough to hear.  .....tangent....

But I consider myself true Red.  I must hide my true color for all the badges and to punish myself with PUG teams though.

• Like 1

Dee Snider!  Take that PMRC!

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I am currently learning German.  Why?  So i can watch old German vampire movies in the original language, of course!  Most of the spelling are easy, with pronunciations ....wow.  German vowels and those F-ing umlauts are killing me.  Especially since nearly every German language teacher explains it so easily. then you listen to a native German speaker.  You start to realize the only way they are referencing it is a different version of the vowel is a slight nod to the sound and context.  Even when they slowly say it the differences between men's and women's voices, and the subtlety of the vowel change can make it tough to hear.  .....tangent....

Als ich ein kind war, hat mein Opa mir gesagt "Deutsche Sprache, schöne Sprache, Deutsche Sprache, schwere Sprache."

• Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, Skyhawke said:

Going Rouge: the update that adds Glam Rocker Masterminds.

featuredglam.jpg

the sheer bravery.  the audacity. mediocre musicians who looked like they were ugly drag queens hungover after a long night - at the start of their shows.  damn.  rock on.

Edited by Snarky
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lemming said:

Grew up with a german grandmothr, so I only understand German if it's yelled at me.  Which is the usual at least...

German yelled at you means ... ❤️

German whispered to you means ... 💀

Edited by JasperStone
  • Haha 4

/e poofgone

On 4/12/2023 at 10:50 PM, Greycat said:

This thread actually is three years old

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I actually did the Outbreak this morning for the badge.  Cranked it to x8.  The interesting thing is that only affected the spawn sites in the door mission and around the people needing saving outside.  Everywhere else was normal.

Don’t forget the Contaminated that spawns in the Hero side Tram in RV. 

At one time waiting for him to spawn once an hour was the only way a lvl 50 could get the Isolator Badge.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.