Jump to content

Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer


crytilis

Recommended Posts

Notice: This thread is now locked. For further assistance/bug reports please use our Discord/Github.

Connect With Us!

 

Download Information

You can grab the latest version from our website -> https://midsreborn.com
 

Running macOS Catalina or greater?
Check out my video on how to get Mids Reborn up and running -> Click Here To Watch!

 

Found A Bug?

Report it via GitHub! *Remember to use the report layout listed on GitHub*

Don't have a GitHub account? Just use the in-app report "File Issues/Suggestions Report"  under the Help & Support menu and an issue will automatically created by our bot for you on GitHub.


ALL issue reports MUST be reported in their proper medium. 

 

Thank You's

  • Mids himself, for creating the original Mids' Hero/Villain Designer.
  • Titan Network, for doing the original C# conversion for parts of the app as well as keeping it updated until the shutdown.
  • Homecoming, for running and hosting one of the most popular servers within the community.
  • To all those who have tested various versions of the app and reported bugs in their proper mediums.
  • To all those who have supported me (Metalios aka Crytilis) via Ko-Fi and Patreon.

 

Edited by crytilis
Updated OP
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 21
Quote

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's installing just fine compared to the previous launchers, but even though I have up-to-date .net it throws an error constantly while running.

 

unknown.png

 

EDIT: A clean .NET reinstall fixed this issue, but there's still some other problems. The first one I encountered is that the Defender epic Flame Mastery is not handled correctly: It treats Consume as being a "47+, two or more powers" option, and Greater Fire Sword as an initial pick option, which is backwards / wrong. I think it's pulling level requirements from their source versions in other Epic Pools and not displaying it as a Defender power properly? Likewise you can never take the Defender version of Rise of the Phoenix because it's looking for specific pre-requisite powers that aren't in the Defender version of the pool.

Edited by Ariamaki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2019 at 6:02 PM, Ariamaki said:

It's installing just fine compared to the previous launchers, but even though I have up-to-date .net it throws an error constantly while running.

 

unknown.png

 

EDIT: A clean .NET reinstall fixed this issue, but there's still some other problems. The first one I encountered is that the Defender epic Flame Mastery is not handled correctly: It treats Consume as being a "47+, two or more powers" option, and Greater Fire Sword as an initial pick option, which is backwards / wrong. I think it's pulling level requirements from their source versions in other Epic Pools and not displaying it as a Defender power properly? Likewise you can never take the Defender version of Rise of the Phoenix because it's looking for specific pre-requisite powers that aren't in the Defender version of the pool.

Go ahead and click the check for updates under options it should update you to 2.6.0.3

Edited by crytilis
mistyped version
Quote

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jimmy pinned this topic

Is there a way to add an adjustable zoom option or have the program auto-scale based on optimal screen resolution? I use a 32" monitor for CoH and a 24" monitor to the side for Mid's and Discord and email. With the Mid's program maximized, it only takes up about half the screen and the icons are difficult to see. It probably wasn't a problem on 15-19" screens back in the day, but it's a noticeable defect nowadays.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, is this the same release [and cadence] that is on the ImaginaryDevelopment github repo?

I ask because the site you're linking throws up redflags due to bad and/or not up-to-date certificates. Also your comment above about being 6.2.0.3 when the most up-to-date on git hub is 6.2.0.2

Edited by Eclipse.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Eclipse. said:

So, is this the same release [and cadence] that is on the ImaginaryDevelopment github repo?

I ask because the site you're linking throws up redflags due to bad and/or not up-to-date certificates. Also your comment above about being 6.2.0.3 when the most up-to-date on git hub is 6.2.0.2

None of the releases have ever had a certificate, I am aware of the domain cert issue if that is what you are speaking of. This appears to be a host issue which only popped up in the last few days, I am working with our host to resolve it. If you look on the Imaginary GitHub you will see I am one of the developers. Also, there is no 6.2.0.2, that was a typo on my end. Latest Release Installer is 2.6.0.2, 2.6.0.3 is the latest patch update which is available by clicking "check for updates" inside of 2.6.0.2 under options. With Maslow being out of town at the moment the FSharp one click installer is unavailable until he returns. I have chosen to delay the release of the 2.6.0.3 setup installer for 1 week, this will the be the schedule going forward. If you would like the 2.6.0.3 source you can grab it from my forks master branch, alternatively you can see the 2.6.0.3 changes in the latest PR on the Imaginary GitHub.

Edited by crytilis
  • Thanks 1
Quote

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, crytilis said:

None of the releases have ever had a certificate, I am aware of the domain cert issue if that is what you are speaking of. This appears to be a host issue which only popped up in the last few days, I am working with our host to resolve it. 

Yep, that was the issue I was talking about, people were complaining about it on my discord.
I trusted you, given the checksum matched that of what was on github *shrug* and told others the same.

SHA1 hash of Hero Designer.exe:
568ea5fba54997d6b400cb27dd154273540fedf1

 

3 hours ago, crytilis said:

The issue with the certificate warning has been resolved.

Glad to hear it! Certs can be obnoxious to deal with...not hard, just annoying.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eclipse. said:

Yep, that was the issue I was talking about, people were complaining about it on my discord.
I trusted you, given the checksum matched that of what was on github *shrug* and told others the same.

SHA1 hash of Hero Designer.exe:
568ea5fba54997d6b400cb27dd154273540fedf1

 

Glad to hear it! Certs can be obnoxious to deal with...not hard, just annoying.
 

 

Indeed they can be. Feel free to come hang out with us sometime 😊

Quote

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know ... I'm starting to think that the build planner is missing a VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE for the Long Forum Export package.

 

A PROC CHANCES readout.

 

I'm working up a (refactoring re)build post right now and I'm having to do all of the math for the proc chances "by hand" (well, really by touchscreen on my iPad, but different sameness...) and it is mighty tedious work to compute all of those proc chances.

 

Now I know this would be one BIG FEATURE REQUEST for adding this functionality to the builder program ... but since it's kind of becoming more and more important to a LOT of builds ... maybe it's about time for an update to accommodate this feature?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is why it's a good idea to post a Forum Export (long or short) to the forums, so if you absolutely have to recreate a build from scratch ... you can ... even though doing so is tedious work.

  • Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Redlynne said:

This is why it's a good idea to post a Forum Export (long or short) to the forums, so if you absolutely have to recreate a build from scratch ... you can ... even though doing so is tedious work.

Nice plan. However while the file isn't exactly text, there is a fallback the code doesn't use we are working to make the code fallback to if it has index problems reading the build. So peeking at the file in a text editor may help piece things together.

Edited by Maslow
added context
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Chrome said:

not sure if this is the place to tell someone but the Reborn bot for discord is offline...

 

Bot is back online

 

On 8/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, Eclipse. said:

Yep, that was the issue I was talking about, people were complaining about it on my discord.
I trusted you, given the checksum matched that of what was on github *shrug* and told others the same.

SHA1 hash of Hero Designer.exe:
568ea5fba54997d6b400cb27dd154273540fedf1

 

Glad to hear it! Certs can be obnoxious to deal with...not hard, just annoying.
 

 

Indeed they can be. Feel free to come hang out with us sometime 😊

Quote

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good News.  Looks like crytilis got part of the MasterMind demons resists to show up in the latest build.     It looks like the Force Shield from the Protector Bots is showing up now!

 

I left the Demons resist ticket open.

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/63

 

I closed the Proctor bot ticket:

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer/issues/57

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...