Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

5 hours ago, LooneyToons said:

I just tried to download the installer (MRB_Setup.exe) for this and had Windows Security block it for being a threat:

Which Antivirus gave you that error? If MRB_Setup was obtained via the link in this thread then this is a false positive and we will need to submit the installer.

Edit: MRB_Setup.exe has been submitted to VirusTotal and only 2 of the smaller AV programs are providing a false positive which are Rising and Zillya. I will be contacting these AVs to have this resolved.

VirusTotal File Hash: cac1c5057f3818fd4a0761c0bd0fd8063235c88c3097c16aeb97ba218d64ebb2

VirusTotal Report

Edited by crytilis

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

1 hour ago, crytilis said:

Edit: MRB_Setup.exe has been submitted to VirusTotal and only 2 of the smaller AV programs are providing a false positive which are Rising and Zillya. I will be contacting these AVs to have this resolved.

VirusTotal File Hash: cac1c5057f3818fd4a0761c0bd0fd8063235c88c3097c16aeb97ba218d64ebb2

VirusTotal Report

Makes sense. I got an email a couple hours ago confirming that MRB_Setup.exe had been analyzed and had been confirmed to be an incorrect detection, and that Microsoft would be updating their AV definitions as a result. I can believe that other AV developers would follow suit.

Edited by Takel

I have a bit of a suggestion: The designer restricts the placement of slots based on character level, but in a respec, on Homecoming at least, there's no such restriction. You can, at level 20, respec and put 5 of your slots into the power you just got that level, if you want.

This also means that it's possible to 6 slot a level 50 power now, where it never used to be.

It'd be nice if the Hero Designer allowed for that. With a mode where it just completely ignores slot level and lets you distribute them however you like.

15 hours ago, vjilaquin said:

Don't know if anyone else have this problem. Hero/Corruptor/Flame Mastery. 

The only powers I can pick is Char and Great Fire Sword. None of the other powers are selectable.

Hvor do i fix this??

This will be fixed in the next public version which will be out soon.

Might want to take a look at all the epic pools. Stalkers and Scrappers don't have snipe powers in Mids', but they do in game.

Also, will you be reverting the Mind Link change? It does obey global recharge in-game, just not set recharge.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

Informational Comment:

Been a while since I've updated Mids and downloaded the latest. It triggered IE's "can't verify publisher" / Smart Screen feature. All is well of course there. Upon launch it triggered a "program wants to talk to the internet" message from webroot which it was going to auto allow after 2 min, but no straight up flagging.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 8/27/2019 at 12:28 PM, crytilis said:

This will be fixed in the next public version which will be out soon.

Will the new dominator numbers be in there?
Trying to decide if it's worth the time of doing manual changes for those...and I do want to re-evaluate several dom builds.

Hey, 

For some reason when I load my latest stalker build, it has radiation emission powers in it randomly (like mutation, enervating field, radiant aura, etc). I'm not sure what the deal is, as I'm not even using an old save. I DL'ed the HeroDesigner_Rel_2.6.0.2_F2019.07.31.00.zip from the link in the first post in this thread earlier today. Just figured I'd let you know. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, BlingBaby said:

Hey, 

For some reason when I load my latest stalker build, it has radiation emission powers in it randomly (like mutation, enervating field, radiant aura, etc). I'm not sure what the deal is, as I'm not even using an old save. I DL'ed the HeroDesigner_Rel_2.6.0.2_F2019.07.31.00.zip from the link in the first post in this thread earlier today. Just figured I'd let you know. 

Thanks!

Did you do the "check for updates" and update to .0.3?  I think that was fixed in that update.

53 minutes ago, Radamand said:

How do I remove an empty slot from a power?

Shift-click on the slot.

6 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

Do we uninstall pines hero designer before installing this? And will this be able to load existing builds saved as pines files?

Yes, please remove Pine's Hero Designer prior to installation. While it is not required to do so, there is no benefit to still using it as Mids Reborn (MRB) is the direct replacement for it. MRB should be able to load any build from the original Mids Hero Designer by Mids and Titan Network as well as those from Pine's. 

Please note that some builds might need to be modified and re-saved as MRB has had several index fixes for the database in comparison to Pines. These changes were implemented to prevent powers from overlapping or replacing each other when reloading a build.

Edited by crytilis

For those of us using 2.6.0.1 on our Macs due to the "need" for a .net 2.0 build ... would it be possible to release a later version (2.6.0.4?) in .net 2.0 that we can basically extract and copy/overwrite into our working folder for the program as a drop in replacement, allowing us to update to the later version(s) of this application?

Ideally speaking I'd want to be able to make use of the Check For Updates feature in the application and have it actually download the updates automagically (like you'd expect on a Win 10 machine).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Yay ... fatal crash error in 2.6.0.1 when trying to access the Accolades window.

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipDrawString(HandleRef graphics, String textString, Int32 length, HandleRef font, GPRECTF& layoutRect, HandleRef stringFormat, HandleRef brush)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawString(String s, Font font, Brush brush, RectangleF layoutRectangle, StringFormat format)
   at midsControls.ctlPopUp.DrawStrings() in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\midsControls\ctlPopUp.cs:line 255
   at midsControls.ctlPopUp.Draw() in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\midsControls\ctlPopUp.cs:line 202
   at midsControls.ctlPopUp.SetPopup(PopupData iPopup) in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\midsControls\ctlPopUp.cs:line 190
   at Hero_Designer.frmAccolade.MiniPowerInfo(Int32 pIDX) in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\Hero Designer\Forms\WindowMenuItems\frmAccolade.cs:line 302
   at Hero_Designer.frmAccolade.llLeft_ItemHover(ListLabelItemV2 Item) in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\Hero Designer\Forms\WindowMenuItems\frmAccolade.cs:line 173
   at midsControls.ListLabelV2.ListLabelV2_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in D:\Projects\imaginary-hero-designer\src\midsControls\ListLabelV2.cs:line 1163
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Hero Designer
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.1
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Hero%20Designer/Hero%20Designer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Base
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Hero%20Designer/Base.DLL
LinqBridge
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.14717.2012
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Hero%20Designer/LinqBridge.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 12.0.2.23222
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Hero%20Designer/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
midsControls
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Hero%20Designer/midsControls.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Running Windows 10 all updates, have NetFramework already installed, I get this on download:

image.png.700fc2bf94ace6c7df50e73d1e132c80.png

But it does actually download. On execute this file I get this:

image.png.36d2fe2f9534bcc23ffec8e866c31f30.png

If I go to here, which one do I use?

image.png.defcf497634c632ecccf5bd642a05b71.png

Would love to use the Hero Designer!

Edited by 5haggy

Chazcon says, "FOR THE VITAE!"

Ru says, "CHAZ!"

Simply Red says, "I am SO not recovering your body."

I cannot save any files or changes when using this program.  I cannot rename an opened file as a new name, the 'new name does not exist'.  This may well be a file permission issue rather than a bug, regardless please advise - and maybe add advice to general FAQ as to how such an issue might be overcome?