Black Lives Matter

UltraAlt

Just now, Leo_G said:

Funny you mention solving problems. You know what I'm afraid of at this moment? Being an Army recruiter in a big city. We can't even wear our uniforms to work anymore 🤔🤔🤔

Crucially, you at least you have the option to remove the uniform though 😅

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I disagree. It demeans an individuals view points at its very core by giving them a label that fully speaks volumes as to its meaning. "You are privileged, so your opinion doesn't matter." You can disagree, but this is the way the word "privileged" has been used since the day it was used in a political discussion. It is also unfair to call somebody privileged, since honestly you have no idea what that individual has been through in their lives.

Indeed, invalidating someone’s personal experiences because of their immutable characteristics is kind of the essence of racism and a handful of other isms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Machariel said:

What makes you think he wants to? You do realize our service personnel work and train their ASSES off for the RIGHT to wear that uniform? So again I ask, what makes you think he wants to?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Leo_G said:

Funny you mention solving problems. You know what I'm afraid of at this moment? Being an Army recruiter in a big city. We can't even wear our uniforms to work anymore 🤔🤔🤔

Have you been assaulted or arrested for wearing the uniform?  I am genuinely asking.  

• Like 3

Honestly, I see this stuff all day, every day IRL.
So I'm rather...irritated to see it infesting my passtime too.

I am going to say the following, then STFU on any further commentary.
If it offends you, I don't care.

I believe that nobody of any race, creed, orientation, WHATEVER, "deserved" to die the way George Floyd did.
I even agree with the basic BLM principle that we've got further to go in race relations.

Unfortunately, once the riots, arson, looting, and murders started.  And after the calls came to defund/abolish police forces, they lost me.  Completely and utterly.  Don't give a damn how mad you are.  That stuff is never, EVER justified.  PERIOD.

As it stands which of these three are going to be most remembered in 6-12 months time?

1. George Floyd was murdered by a bad cop, with other bad cops looking on?
  2. That there were peaceful demonstrations?
  3. Riots, arson, looting, violent assaults, murders and general, widespread thuggery?

If one could HONESTLY answer #1 or even just #2?  I'd be fine.
But this is reality we're talking about.

Okay, I think I've said my piece.

I will not be answering in this thread or to any posts on this subject in the future (and will block people that try).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

1 minute ago, Omega-202 said:

Have you been assaulted or arrested for wearing the uniform?  I am genuinely asking.  

How do you arrest someone for wearing a government issued uniform?

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Just now, Knuckles915 said:

What makes you think he wants to? You do realize our service personnel work and train their ASSES off for the RIGHT to wear that uniform? So again I ask, what makes you think he wants to?

What's your point?

4 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I disagree. It demeans an individuals view points at its very core by giving them a label that fully speaks volumes as to its meaning. "You are privileged, so your opinion doesn't matter." You can disagree, but this is the way the word "privileged" has been used since the day it was used in a political discussion. It is also unfair to call somebody privileged, since honestly you have no idea what that individual has been through in their lives.

That's fine if you disagree.  I disagree with you.  To say someone has a privileged attitude about one thing in no way says they are privileged in general.  Of course everyone has many advantages and disadvantages in life.  Still, even the most disadvantaged can have privileged attitudes about some issues.  The ability to 'escape the real world' is something many people don't have due to their color (for example).  The assumption that you have a right, ignoring that others don't have that same right for no good reason, is privilege.

Just now, Frostbiter said:

How do you arrest someone for wearing a government issued uniform?

How do you arrest or kill someone for just being black?  And before you say that doesn't happen, I encourage you to educate yourself.  Or just go ahead and ask Breonna Taylor and her boyfriend. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Leo_G said:

Yeah, no. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. I live in NYC, and I most definitely have seen many army personal still wearing their uniforms in my city. 

• Like 2

50 Kinetic Melee / Regen Scrapper  🐊

50 Pain Domination / Fire Defender  🍰 

1 minute ago, Omega-202 said:

How do you arrest or kill someone for just being black?  And before you say that doesn't happen, I encourage you to educate yourself.  Or just go ahead and ask Breonna Taylor and her boyfriend. 

Please don't speak for me and then answer yourself. It's weird.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

10 minutes ago, Machariel said:

The uniform is the least of the problem, it's the overreacting populous that will pick any target they can feasibly reach. Or do you think a cop taking off their uniform suddenly makes them not a target? Even EMTs and fire fighters, people only they're to save your ass, are in cross hairs. 

3 minutes ago, Knuckles915 said:

WEll obviously someone doesnt like me having a voice here. Getting warned by a GM for having an opinion that isnt the mainstream just got me a GM warning. So im done. You guys want to ride the train thats fine. Im getting off.

I'm sure that only had to do with your opinion and not your overuse of harsh language, toxicity, or wording. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Leo_G said:

The uniform is the least of the problem, it's the overreacting populous that will pick any target they can feasibly reach. Or do you think a cop taking off their uniform suddenly makes them not a target? Even EMTs and fire fighters, people only they're to save your ass, are in cross hairs. 

EMTs and Firefighters are being put in crosshairs because there is a battle raging in the first place. Wouldn't it be nice if that wasn't the case and everyone could live peacefully without racial injustice? I agree.

Please don't make things up in the future. If you wanna state facts that's fine, but don't lie about uniform issues or anything like that when we're all trying to have a discussion.

5 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

EMTs and Firefighters are being put in crosshairs because there is a battle raging in the first place. Wouldn't it be nice if that wasn't the case and everyone could live peacefully without racial injustice? I agree.

Please don't make things up in the future. If you wanna state facts that's fine, but don't lie about uniform issues or anything like that when we're all trying to have a discussion.

Have you served? It's one thing to say you don't experience something but yet another to accuse someone of lying for sharing their experience.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

6 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I suggest you remove "battle" from your vocabulary in this context. Either it's peaceful protest or it's not. You don't get it both ways. 

And I laugh at your accusation. But then I've got nothing to prove. You just have to look at Seattle. 

Edited by Leo_G

• City Council
9 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I'm sure that only had to do with your opinion and not your overuse of harsh language, toxicity, or wording. 🙄

Correct. Note how all of his other posts are still visible and free of warnings, regardless of how much we may disagree with him.

Don't cry censorship when it's your own behaviour that's at fault. It just makes you look silly 🙂

Everyone: We know this is a emotionally charged topic, but it's critical that everyone keeps their cool or we will need to lock this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 minute ago, Leo_G said:

Please cite your sources for EMTs and fire fighters being targeting by "the overreacting populous."  By the way, the word is "populace."  Because I sure haven't seen anything and I'm pretty confident that with all the media spin and the general desire to blame the victims of police brutality for getting what they deserve, that if that were a credible trend it'd be all over the news. 

What I've seen instead is that the credible, documented cases of unprovoked violence are overwhelmingly on the side of police vs peaceful protesters and white supremacists (one of them was (peacefully!) arrested for burning down a church). 

Yeah, I guess it sucks if you have to wear a uniform as part of your job and people prejudge you and react accordingly without giving you a chance to react or explain yourself.  Must be hard. 

Except that that's what the black experience is like one hundred percent of the time, except they can't take off the uniform, AND their 'uniform' isn't one that allows them to assume automatic authority/benefit of the doubt over a huge section of the the populace in the way that a police or military uniform does.  Indeed it's the opposite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Considering most of us by now have seen the videos of cops attack EMTs, and medical tents, as well as destroying bottles of water, and eye wash stations for those hit by mace, I tend to think its not the protestors putting the emergency service folk in the cross hairs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frostbiter said:

Have you served? It's one thing to say you don't experience something but yet another to accuse someone of lying for sharing their experience.

He stated that army recruiters were unable to wear their uniforms to work in big cities currently. I live in New York City. I know from firsthand experience that army personal are still wearing their uniforms. That is the lie he was caught in.

• Like 1

Are you sure they were recruiters? What were their patches?

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Thread is too long to read about such a hot topic, but something worth a watch though it concerns police more.

Short video

Long Version

Makes you think, his reaction to the hate of his race or job in life hits home.

How does one mans death by another man who is an idiot has nothing to do with race?  The guy who did it, complete and utter moron...the rest of civilization over reacts.  People die every day, but why does the death of one man because of his skin color cause such a huge outcry?

- death of another man whose color is different, just a foot note in the news unless a celebrity

- women raped, forgotten until the next reported victim (not talking about those groups who seek more justice, thats a whole other issue. I just mean the one report in the news you may see that day)

- children kidnapped, assaulted, exct cause more emotion but its again forgotten until the next victim

- Yet one man's skin color creates more outrage then the above? 

And we still remember, to the point he is now a moment in history in Wikipedia? Yet that other child, man, women for another reason is forgotten.  The common individual, who is not a celebratory or well know individual; just the common person...unless you are assaulted, shot, or arrested because you have a dark skin color.  Why?  

Regardless of race, gender, or age....why is one man with a particular skin color a "justified cause" for the mass of riots, violence, and disrespect against another man because of his skin color?

We are all human, but the stupid actions of one man (that one officer or officers involved) does not equal creating such uncivilized behavior.  Humans are dumb, panic driven individuals who point at the least likely more "obvious" cause of a problem; somehow the uniform and epidermal color is the answer.  I thought the one man died because the other man was a total idiot, I must be wrong.

Personally, I want to say this before I will walk out of the thhread.  The Sympathetic Get Out of Jail Race Card is getting old, like a spoiled and rotten Vahzilok corpse.  The individuals involved will be punished, the rest of civilization needs to step out of the problem and let the justice system handle it.

Shit, I don't think I can drink coffee with or without creamer anymore.  I might offend someone.

Note: the color of Sympathetic Get Out of Jail,  the blue background is a terrible color to read on.  Highlighted lines look awful and the color selections are terrible.  The multi color Race Card, is the only intentional part and its more of a joke on how this PC crap is getting out of hand.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Correct. Note how all of his other posts are still visible and free of warnings, regardless of how much we may disagree with him.

Don't cry censorship when it's your own behaviour that's at fault. It just makes you look silly 🙂

Everyone: We know this is a emotionally charged topic, but it's critical that everyone keeps their cool or we will need to lock this thread.

I truly appreciate your efforts. It cant be easy, as its clear some here seem intent on shutting down this conversation, and then cry oppression when their vitriol is called out. Some ofcourse express a desire to see it end but do so in a far more civil manner which I totally encourage. Civility. That is all it takes folks. Civility the foundation of civilization.

• Like 2

Just now, Frostbiter said:

Are you sure they were recruiters? What divisions were they in?

Please by all means cite me facts that army recruiters are unable to wear their uniforms to work in New York City. I will apologize.

• Like 1