Black Lives Matter

UltraAlt

2 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Considering most of us by now have seen the videos of cops attack EMTs, and medical tents, as well as destroying bottles of water, and eye wash stations for those hit by mace, I tend to think its not the protestors putting the emergency service folk in the cross hairs.

I was going to go with "well, maybe they wouldn't be in the crosshairs if the cops would quit firing indiscriminately into large crowds while showing off how proud they are of their Punisher pins and car stickers."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Please by all means cite me facts that army recruiters are unable to wear their uniforms to work in New York City. I will apologize.

It's not my claim, just as your accusation is not mine either. If you don't want to answerr me that's fine, but don't respond with nonsense. 

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I think most of all if I can take anything from this, it's that we as human beings can all be kinder to one another. Bashing others, using "entrapment" tactics, and being ungrateful for the immense amount of work that these volunteers spend each day of their lives to improve the game is disheartening. Even through our disagreements and different backgrounds, treat each other with respect and decency. R.I.P. George Floyd. 

• Thanks 1

I'm just going to keep my post simple - but I want to +1 this thread.  Black Lives Matter!

• Like 5

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Just now, Frostbiter said:

It's not my claim, just as your accusation is not mine either. If you don't want to andwer me that's fine, but don't respond with nonsense. 

I'm sorry you picked the wrong person to try to defend, but even the poster went quiet af when I caught him in his lie. It's such a small lie too. I don't even know why you are trying to defend it. Please give facts in a thread where we are trying to have a discussion from both sides. Your side will look so much better if you don't incorporate lies in your statements.

50 Kinetic Melee / Regen Scrapper  🐊

50 Pain Domination / Fire Defender  🍰 

I do want to say one thing before this gets locked.  I personally think it’s worthwhile reading every one of everyone’s posts, even the ones I think are batshit crazy.  I do believe there are correct and incorrect views on this, and on most things, but unless I try to understand why someone feels the way they do, I am not allowed to label them.  

Of course, once I’ve tried to understand (and really spectacularly failed, perhaps), then the labeling machine comes out!

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

What's with people popping in with lengthy screeds (that rarely make sense) and ending it with "don't respond to me/and now I'm leaving this thread!"?  Isn't kind of the equivalent saying something inflammatory then plugging your ears and going "lalalalala"!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I'm sorry you picked the wrong person to try to defend, but even the poster went quiet af when I caught him in his lie. It's such a small lie too. I don't even know why you are trying to defend it. Please give facts in a thread where we are trying to have a discussion from both sides. Your side will look so much better if you don't incorporate lies in your statements.

I'm just trying to ascertain if you know what you're seeing or not. As for that other bullhshit, thanks for your advice but I'll pick my battles and friends myself.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Just now, Frostbiter said:

I'm just tryong to ascrrtain if you know what you're seeing or not. As for that other bullhshit, thanks for your advice but I'll pick my battles and friends myself.

Once again, keep it to facts and your side will come out looking better. ❤️

50 Kinetic Melee / Regen Scrapper  🐊

50 Pain Domination / Fire Defender  🍰 

3 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Once again, keep it to facts and your side will come out looking better. ❤️

All I've done is ask you a few questions. I have made neither claim nor statement. 

Edit: Ok, partially true. I did get on you for accusations.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

3 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Are you sure they were recruiters? What were their patches?

That is irrelevant, but to answer your question from a different perspective, I live in a major, VERY liberal city where a large building was converted to a Covid field hospital and was being crewed by National Guard and Army personnel.  The local shops down the road were offering them free snacks and I personally thanked a few for their help (from a safe social distance).

Nobody hastled them, nobody harassed them, nobody demeaned them.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For a game that prides itself to be cognizant of puppeteering propaganda, i.e. Nemesis, maybe steering clear of puppeteering propaganda  would be the way to go.  Yes all lives do matter and BLM too at that but this movement has hitched its wagon to removing police which is the dumbest thing I've heard in quite a while.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

Thread is too long to read about such a hot topic, but something worth a watch though it concerns police more.

Short video

Long Version

Makes you think, his reaction to the hate of his race or job in life hits home.

How does one mans death by another man who is an idiot has nothing to do with race?  The guy who did it, complete and utter moron...the rest of civilization over reacts.  People die every day, but why does the death of one man because of his skin color cause such a huge outcry?

- death of another man whose color is different, just a foot note in the news unless a celebrity

- women raped, forgotten until the next reported victim (not talking about those groups who seek more justice, thats a whole other issue. I just mean the one report in the news you may see that day)

- children kidnapped, assaulted, exct cause more emotion but its again forgotten until the next victim

- Yet one man's skin color creates more outrage then the above? 

And we still remember, to the point he is now a moment in history in Wikipedia? Yet that other child, man, women for another reason is forgotten.  The common individual, who is not a celebratory or well know individual; just the common person...unless you are assaulted, shot, or arrested because you have a dark skin color.  Why?  

Regardless of race, gender, or age....why is one man with a particular skin color a "justified cause" for the mass of riots, violence, and disrespect against another man because of his skin color?

We are all human, but the stupid actions of one man (that one officer or officers involved) does not equal creating such uncivilized behavior.  Humans are dumb, panic driven individuals who point at the least likely more "obvious" cause of a problem; somehow the uniform and epidermal color is the answer.  I thought the one man died because the other man was a total idiot, I must be wrong.

Personally, I want to say this before I will walk out of the thhread.  The Sympathetic Get Out of Jail Race Card is getting old, like a spoiled and rotten Vahzilok corpse.  The individuals involved will be punished, the rest of civilization needs to step out of the problem and let the justice system handle it.

Shit, I don't think I can drink coffee with or without creamer anymore.  I might offend someone.

Note: the color of Sympathetic Get Out of Jail,  the blue background is a terrible color to read on.  Highlighted lines look awful and the color selections are terrible.  The multi color Race Card, is the only intentional part and its more of a joke on how this PC crap is getting out of hand.

Because it's not been just one.

• Like 7

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

2 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

That is irrelevant, but to answer your question from a different perspective, I live in a major, VERY liberal city where a large building was converted to a Covid field hospital and was being crewed by National Guard and Army personnel.  The local shops down the road were offering them free snacks and I personally thanked a few for their help (from a safe social distance).

Nobody hastled them, nobody harassed them, nobody demeaned them.  

Its been seen a fair bit all over that many in the military decry the militarization of the police force. I cant even begin to count how many times Ive seen someone who states they are current or formerly a combat soldier, who have said something to the effect of " Do not say what those cops are doing is remotely like a military action. Soldiers are trained to not point their weapons until they have a clear and present threat to aim it at. They are not trained to assault unarmed noncoms and knock elderly people onto the ground then ignore them as they lay there bleeding".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Troo said:

Please keep the politics out of the escape that the game provides. While appreciating the sentiment, this could be perceived as trolling folks of a different opinion and could quickly devolve into a topic where things are said that then have to be policed by moderators.

-peace

If I had a guess, I would say you are white.

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

21 minutes ago, Machariel said:

Please cite your sources for EMTs and fire fighters being targeting by "the overreacting populous."  By the way, the word is "populace."  Because I sure haven't seen anything and I'm pretty confident that with all the media spin and the general desire to blame the victims of police brutality for getting what they deserve, that if that were a credible trend it'd be all over the news. 

What I've seen instead is that the credible, documented cases of unprovoked violence are overwhelmingly on the side of police vs peaceful protesters and white supremacists (one of them was (peacefully!) arrested for burning down a church). 

Yeah, I guess it sucks if you have to wear a uniform as part of your job and people prejudge you and react accordingly without giving you a chance to react or explain yourself.  Must be hard. 

Except that that's what the black experience is like one hundred percent of the time, except they can't take off the uniform, AND their 'uniform' isn't one that allows them to assume automatic authority/benefit of the doubt over a huge section of the the populace in the way that a police or military uniform does.  Indeed it's the opposite.

Quick google search: https://www.firehouse.com/operations-training/news/21140391/va-police-chief-firefighters-blocked-from-house-blaze-with-child-inside

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-antifa-mob-planning-to-take-over-more-seattle-neighbourhoods

The thing is, the riots have killed quite a few people over the wrongful treatment of one black man but you don't see protests against the riots.  You also don't hear about the protests for David Dorn (or the backlash for his gofundme).  You also don't hear about the statistics of black crime or the statistics of police brutality vs hispanics, whites or any other race.  You also don't hear the complaints about the black business owners whose lives are ruined by these protests and riots.

I could open your eyes to the information you're "blissfully" unaware of but the defensive mechanisms to treat us like people we're not responsible for our own actions is too strong.  I, for one, want to be treated equally, not special.  And no, parading the deaths of some unfortunate black people while ignoring similar circumstances because the skin tones don't match up isn't being treated equal.

Again, I'm am absolutely sick and tired of people telling me how the black experience is, as if my (*black*) experience doesn't exist.  Being constantly reminded that the "black" experience is one of violence, crime and death when I know damned well it is NOT and knowing full well that people that act wrongly are the people you are talking about and equated to.  Imagine having your entire race being equated to the worst of your kind....oh, too late.  I guess the media is doing that now...

Edited by Leo_G
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Without_Pause said:

If I had a guess, I would say you were white.

Ooh, ooh! Do me next!

• Haha 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

2 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

If I had a guess, I would say you are white.

Why do you say that with a vilifying tone? Are people who are white not allowed to contribute to the discussion? Are people who are white not allowed to disagree? Is somebody being white a negative thing? I'm curious what you intended to convey with this statement.

3 minutes ago, Leo_G said:

over the wrongful treatment of one black man

You might need to redo your math. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 minutes ago, Leo_G said:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-post-millennial/

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

For the most part news articles are sourced properly and factually based, though there is a strong right leaning bias in story selection that denigrates the left and in particular PM Justin Trudeau. The opinion/editorial pages provide little balance and primarily support Conservative and Libertarian positions. Further, the Post Millennial sometimes reports unsubstantiated claims that have not been proven such as this: WATCH: Justin Trudeau allegedly went for drinks with woman Liberals claim is a “white nationalist”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leo_G said:

You also don't hear about the protests for David Dorn (or the backlash for his gofundme).  You also don't hear about the statistics of black crime or the statistics of police brutality vs hispanics, whites or any other race.  You also don't hear the complaints about the black business owners whose lives are ruined by these protests and riots.

I've heard about all kinds of things.  Appreciate the source and the response.  Still don't agree, but keep on truckin.  Hopefully you write your representatives vov