What pairs best with Storm Summoning?

Damoklese

Earth/Storm for controlled storming.

Illusion/Storm for uncontrolled storming.

Water/Storm for a real bad time for property values. And two AoEs with FF proc help bring out Moar Storm, and we know everyone loves more storm 😄

How is now one talking about a Storm/Energy Defender? Are all of you MAD?! It is truly the king of Storm builds!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

How is now one talking about a Storm/Energy Defender? Are all of you MAD?! It is truly the king of Storm builds!

I made your mad king storm/nrg defender and it's super fun.  Got used to managing end using conserve power, victory rush and unleash potential.  Usually I'll change things in a build but I went with this straight up.

So if it hasn't been said before, thanks for the time you put into it.  This guy appreciates it.

Next up is your ss/rad armor brute.  Even though I already have 2 other super strength toons... I'm gonna do it.

Edited by fitzsimmons
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MTeague said:

I don't often do crazy-high recharge builds. I know, I know, I'm a heretic.   (My Dom's are an exception to this)

But I have a workable attack chain without it, and powers like Freezing Rain / Tornado / Lightning Storm are coming back fast enough already, I'm content.

Neither do I, I've only ever bothered to get perma hasten on one build, my StJ/SR stalker, but usually you are having to sacrifice some set bonus or other to squeeze something like the FF in, where with gale for the sake of 2 additional slots (for the KB to KD and the FF) you have turned a power that most people hate (but have to take anyway depending on AT) into a wonderful utility power with minimal effort and investment.

Edited by CaptainLupis

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

13 hours ago, BrandX said:

Elec/Storm/Ice Troller here.  I don't keep Hurricane on all the time, I use it when I feel I can keep them locked down with it.  Awesome on Posi 1 City Hall.  🙂  Go in draining end and forcing them back is nice!

does elec control prevent the kb/repel from hurricane?

6 minutes ago, Chrome said:

None of the Immobs will prevent a Repel effect.

While some will convert knockback to knockdown, I think that Electric and Gravity's AoE Immobs don't do this.

Seconding @Lazarillo for the demon/storm mastermind (will add Mu patron set for -KB immobilize). Absolutely a joy to play (at least it was on Live). Generic mystic themes = low hanging fruit, which is not a bad thing by any stretch. 

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

27 minutes ago, Chrome said:

No, but I did put a KB->KD IO in Hurricane.  So the repel still happened, and I was pretty good about knowing when to use it and when not to.

11 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Better than storm/water? As I heard someone get pretty good  ST dps on that while also having the awesome AOE. And it's pretty fun so far. 

Edited by Substaticman

9 hours ago, Substaticman said:

Better than storm/water? As I heard someone get pretty good  ST dps on that while also having the awesome AOE. And it's pretty fun so far. 

Fun aside, there's not going to be a realistic difference when Storm is involved. The downtime between keeping up FR, LS, and Tornado is so limited/tight that the best anyone can hope for is just "get a hit in while I can." Given the effect of tidal counts I could actually see Water having a slightly harder time managing itself depending on how things line up. The FF+Rech laced around the build(s) can shave seconds in odd places, so it really is a game of click-the-best-power-now!

I remember much earlier on testing an Illusion/Storm long before doing any of the Proc Monster stuff that someone else had taken a Pylon down with just around 60/s. I wanted to see it for myself and the conditions to get there were just intense, and the time to do anything between anything else was a bare-luck minimum of cycling just two attacks a couple of times before being spammed into the next Storm ability. It shows just how strong Storm Summoning actually is on its own, and that anything else a player does is just a shy attempt to keep up with it. The illusion of it was pretty easily shattered when any one piece of the puzzle fell out of place.

Storm/Energy is a much more free and (I know this sounds weird) relaxed high-intensity Storm build because it is incredibly forgiving of its own performance and I designed it to function with multiple safety nets, and absolutely void of Incarnate abilities. The beauty of it is that Water Blast, Dual Pistols, and Assault Rifle can all be subbed in under the (nearly identical) slotting method giving considerable variety to one design as any one of the four sets will all shine equally.

I like my Fire/Storm/Leviathan Controller and my Fire/Storm Corrupter both of which operate on an elemental/magic theme. 

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I have an Elec/Storm/Levi Troller.  Double down on Tornadoes, chain knockdowns, rain, and lightning.  Nothing is ever able to stand up long enough to fight me.  It's actually pretty stupid but so much fun.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 6/20/2020 at 6:31 PM, Seigmoraig said:

I like Storm best on a Controller.

What happens with the Tornado is that it wanders around and chases enemies and enemies try to run away from it resulting in a lot playing tag and not a lot of damage. Secondly with Lightning Storm since it is in a static location the enemies that are running away from your Tornado with get out of range of it.

I agree, Storm feels more effective on a Controller because you usually have multiple patches/immobs that can keep things in one place fairly easily; slap a KB:KD in Gale/Tornado/Lightning Storm and you're basically an A-10: lots of firepower brought to bear on a small area for an extended amount of time.

I've got 5 /Storm controllers rolled up:

Ice/Storm is a fun combo thematically... Storm shores up Ice's relatively weak damage, and the slows/patch out of Ice keep the Tornado/Lightning Storm doing their thing.  Arctic Air/Thunderclap pretty much eliminates all incoming damage from anything less than a boss.  

Dark/Storm can be awkward (due to your AoE immob being a cone) but the -ToHit and numerous pets/pseudopets make it very survivable.  Having 2x PBAoE stuns comes in handy as well.

Ill/Storm is chaotic (even with KB:KD) but it's a very easy build to get perma PA out of; start off a mob with PA -> Freezing Rain -> Spectral Terror and you can practically AFK.

Grav/Storm is a classic that only got better with the KB:KD enhancement; Wormhole and Hurricane mean things happen where you want them to happen, and TO whomever you want them to happen to, and a good sprinkling of FF+Rech means those things happen more often than they should.  

But my favorite so far has been Fire/Storm; Gale, Bonfire and Freezing Rain keep things flopping around, and whatever manages to stand up through that finds itself swarmed by Imps, Tornadoes and Lightning Storm.  Fire/Storm melts mobs quick - sometimes too quick; there have been many times I've swept out one area of PI and moved on, only to have an angry mob come running after me because they spawned on top of a Bonfire or Lightning Storm I fired off three mobs ago.  

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!