Gun and Sword Power set - Make it happen

4 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I'm more than certain a "weapon assault" was planned for the near future if the game hadn't shut down.  I think the gun-and-sword combo was one of the more highly requested power sets, and the Korean hero was probably meant to hype it up a bit too.

What is Korean Hero ?

4 hours ago, biostem said:

I think a single pistol set could be differentiated enough from dual pistols that it'd be worthwhile;  Focus on slower, more carefully placed shots that hit harder, instead of DP's flashy rapid-fire attacks.  Similarly, a single-handed blade set could be centered around fencing-like thrusts and parries, instead of the more sweeping slashing moves broadsword or katana/ninja blade have.  To make it fit together, have each use a different hand, and allow the other weapon to be drawn/held while you're using each.  You could create a ranged attack set, a melee set, and a hybrid assault set using these...

Exactly where I was going and thinking of this

4 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Holy cow I never realized it and I have seen that.. lol

• 2 years later

City of Herod Asia allegedly, had that very power set. At least as far as I understood the Asia Release (Korea), you can see it in the per-release animation.

It mixed broad sword animations in the primary hand, and pistol animations in the secondary hand.

Though it was suggested for release as an expansion power-set for US servers, though as far as I know,

the servers were were taken offline before the addition of the Sword/Pistol came to pass.

So perhaps the set and animations are archived somewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wnxaneUxQI

1 - Broad Sword: Hack - leaving the pistol visible in the other hand.

2 - Duel Pistols: Pistols - leaving the blade visible in the other hand.

3 - Broad Sword: Slash - leaving the pistol visible in the other hand.

4 - Duel Pistols: Duel Wield (Left Hand, animation only) - leaving the blade visible in the other hand.

5 - (Build Up/ Combat Readiness) - leaving both the blade and the pistol visible in the hands.

6 - Broad Sword: Perry - leaving the pistol visible in the other hand.

7 - Duel Pistols: Swap Ammo (Fire/Toxic/Acid) Applied both to the Sword and Pistol.

8 - Broad Sword: Whirling Blade (AoE) - leaving the pistol visible in the other hand.

9 - Duel Pistols: Executioners Shot (Left Hand, animation only) - leaving the blade visible in the other hand.

10 - Broad Sword and Duel Pistols: (Hail of Bullets and Blades) Likely would need to modify or create new animations.

As a CGI hobbyist even I could likely modify or create such an animation, but finding someone more skilled would be the

best course of action and as the privet servers likely have access to such personal, that seams the best course of action.

If there are concerns with game balance, make it a Sentinel Only skill like ("Gun-Fu" is for the "Guardian" archetype only, on the Rebirth Server) until the bugs are worked out.

Edited by Gairian1974
Update on Infomation.
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 11:59 PM, Rathulfr said:

No, I want Pistols and Sword Control!  😆

If you haven't got Pistol and Sword Control... well that's just a sign of age mate, nothing to be embarrassed about. Numan.com might have something that can help.

• Haha 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

The good news is, thanks to the Shield+Broadsword animations, all the animations for melee attacks you'd need for this set are in the game.

The bad news is that there's only 3 left-handed pistol-firing animations in the game. 3.5 if you count the left-handed Suppressive Fire animation, but that has some bad clipping if done with a sword in the right hand. Maybe it'd be possible to stitch together the rest of the animations you'd need by frankensteining sequencers together, but that sounds like a hassle.

You can make some cool poses with the idea, at least.

Kg4G0Qq.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Vanden said:

The good news is, thanks to the Shield+Broadsword animations, all the animations for melee attacks you'd need for this set are in the game.

The bad news is that there's only 3 left-handed pistol-firing animations in the game. 3.5 if you count the left-handed Suppressive Fire animation, but that has some bad clipping if done with a sword in the right hand. Maybe it'd be possible to stitch together the rest of the animations you'd need by frankensteining sequencers together, but that sounds like a hassle.

You can make some cool poses with the idea, at least.

Kg4G0Qq.png

Huge in back looks like he's about to lop his own head off.

• 7 months later

I understand, current limitations are limitations after all, perhaps it would be closer to a "Assault Secondary Power set"  3 pistol attacks, and mostly broadsword based attacks.

"Swap Ammo" could still be used in a "Left Animation Limited Fashion" and thus an alteration to the Structure of Sword/Pistol may be possible without "Pain in the Backside" having go through the frankensteining. 

That would be 3 ranged Attacks, 5 melee Attacks, plus "Swap ammo"  (Left Hand Only) and "Combat Readiness" for a total of 10 powers, and perhaps the passive Quickness, to assist with the reduced number of overall available attacks.

1 - Broad Sword: Hack - leaving the pistol visible in the other hand.

2 - Left Pistols Animation "1" - leaving the blade visible in the other hand.

3 - Broad Sword: Slash - leaving the pistol visible in the other hand.

4 - (Build Up/ Combat Readiness) - leaving both the blade and the pistol visible in the hands.

5 - Left Pistol Animation "2" - leaving the blade visible in the other hand.

6 - Broad Sword: Perry - leaving the pistol visible in the other hand.

7 - Swap Ammo (Fire/Toxic/Acid), though it would only effect (Left Hand Pistol Animations/Effects/Attacks)

8 - Left PIstol Animation "3" - leaving the blade visible in the other hand.

9 - Broad Sword: Whirling Blade (AoE) - leaving the pistol visible in the other hand.

10 - Quickness (From Super Reflexes) Auto Self +Recharg, + Speed.

(Could swap out one of the abilities with a Thrown Grenade (like the temporary power) that would make it 4 melee and 4 ranged. and add another AoE since most of the "Left Hand" animations are single or inline target attacks" "Piercing shot, not sure if that is a "Left Animation or not"

The Poses You put in look great, now I kinda want to see them in the Game LOL

Perhaps this version would not be "As Powerful" but could be made functional, without the need to frankensteining or extra work?

((Exciitedly.. Or NC Soft will pull the power-set from the Kora Launch out of there archives and let you all put it in the game, that would be great, though I doubt it will happen.))

My thanks for your time.

Edited by Gairian1974

On 7/15/2020 at 9:26 AM, plainguy said:

Title says it all..

There are enough single hand gun and sword animations.. 

I have Spoken.. Go forth and create..

Make it happen ! 

All kidding aside I think it would be pretty cool. 

Why do we need this?

16 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Oh, ok no answer so we don't need it. being a smart-aleck does not answer the question it only makes you look childish.

So let's try "answering" your question with another. Why do we need Arsenal Control? Why did we need Storm Blast?

(The answer is because the devs are trying to give us new things to try and to [hopefully] enjoy in the game.)

On 7/15/2020 at 11:34 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

this exists already just make a pistol/rifle blaster whos secondary is ninja training. It works pretty well too.

I think I have 2 or three dual pistol/ninja and 1 assault rifle/ninja.

They are all fun to play.

Always end up putting on of the sword attacks on autofire.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 minutes ago, Rudra said:

So let's try "answering" your question with another. Why do we need Arsenal Control? Why did we need Storm Blast?

(The answer is because the devs are trying to give us new things to try and to [hopefully] enjoy in the game.)

we don't they are basically alt animations for powers that already exist.

Storm Summoning = Storm Blast 

Arsenal Control = Assault Rifle 

both could have been alt animations for what we already have.

so no these powers are not new.

Edited by KingCeddd03

12 minutes ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Huh?

• Confused 1

I don't see a heal in Storm Blast. I don't see an Aim equivalent in Storm Summoning. I don't see a summons that chases down enemies and flings them around or an AoE disorient in Storm Blast. They are both storm sets, but they aren't the same power sets.

And as far as the OP goes? The author can request any power set (s)he/they wants, just like you.

2 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

by that logic there’s only one set in the game of each type

• Thumbs Up 1