Gun and Sword Power set - Make it happen

Title says it all..

There are enough single hand gun and sword animations.. 

I have Spoken.. Go forth and create..

Make it happen ! 

All kidding aside I think it would be pretty cool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

this exists already just make a pistol/rifle blaster whos secondary is ninja training. It works pretty well too.

You know I do have a archery ninja.. just wasn't thinking.. 

But would still love to have both in hand if you know what I mean.. 

have some sort of stab and shoot combo would be cool. 

1 hour ago, 0th Power said:

Or a pistol or rifle sentinel that takes the epic with the sword 

Yet another I just didn't think of honestly.. 

Funny My mind was just blank with these combos even have as I said Archery Ninja..  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, plainguy said:

But would still love to have both in hand if you know what I mean.. 

Powerset? Maybe not necessarily...

V-FX option to have one pistol/gun/weapon in one hand and a sword/shield/gun/etc. in the other? Superb!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

Powerset? Maybe not necessarily...

V-FX option to have one pistol/gun/weapon in one hand and a sword/shield/gun/etc. in the other? Superb!

uh i see yours and raise you

4 armed costume option with gun/shield/sword/whip combo

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

9 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

. . . 

So, uh . . . Sword and Pistol Control, then?

No, I want Pistols and Sword Control!  😆

• Like 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Sadly the problem is as I now recall with my Archery ninja that sometimes you are hitting with an invisible sword..  

Gonna try a Sentinel DP/SR with Ninja.. 

The Primary would have to keep both weapons out.. Otherwise it won't work due to graphic issues..  Because the swapping of weapons will just create a series of invisible attacks with either weapon..

3 minutes ago, plainguy said:

Otherwise it won't work due to graphic issues..  Because the swapping of weapons will just create a series of invisible attacks with either weapon..

Oooh!  I like that!  Challenge accepted?

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 hour ago, Eclipse. said:

Street Assault.

Dual Pistol/Assault Rifle ranged attacks with Dual Blade/Kantana Melee attacks. Gogo.

Probably better if 1 Pistol and 1 Sword, so you could chain attacks together without redraw issues.

And 1 hand on the blade would prevent direct use of the katana animations. 

But maybe Broadsword animations with selection of any 1 blade available to Dual Blades?

And any 1 pistol available to dual pistols, .... though I don't think they have any nice quick cut/paste on pistols animations (that only shoot from one pistol)

But I like "Street Assault" as an idea.

Edited by MTeague

5 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Probably better if 1 Pistol and 1 Sword, so you could chain attacks together without redraw issues.

And 1 hand on the blade would prevent direct use of the katana animations. 

But maybe Broadsword animations with selection of any 1 blade available to Dual Blades?

And any 1 pistol available to dual pistols, .... though I don't think they have any nice quick cut/paste on pistols animations

But I like "Street Assault" as an idea.

Oh, yeah that's 100% what I meant.

Broadsword animations hold the swords with 2 hands IIRC, which is why I more suggested DP/DB... just change one of the hands to hold a gun/sword instead where appropriate (could just be a costume option/setting instead of the actual animations...it'd be a bit weird, but could be worse).

It might look a bit funny with the gun hand waving around, ditto for DP with things coming out of the sword hand occasionally...but at least they're already designed to have individual items in both hands, just gotta update the costume options to have 1 hand pull from gun pool 1 hand to pull from sword pool.

or just go all out with new costume items gunswords...

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Eclipse.
  • Like 1

I created a  Sentinel DP SR Ninja, but I have a Archery Ninja Blaster.  

Oddly enough I noticed that the Sentinel has no issues swapping between guns and sword whereas the Blaster more than often fights with invisible weapons.. Either the sword does not exist or the bow when swapping back and forth. But again no issue with the Sentinel build..  

12 hours ago, Chance Jackson said:

This would make for a good Assault Set if we're talking full range for the pistol powers & we already have a character from the Korean launch that exemplified this type of character

I'm more than certain a "weapon assault" was planned for the near future if the game hadn't shut down.  I think the gun-and-sword combo was one of the more highly requested power sets, and the Korean hero was probably meant to hype it up a bit too.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I think a single pistol set could be differentiated enough from dual pistols that it'd be worthwhile;  Focus on slower, more carefully placed shots that hit harder, instead of DP's flashy rapid-fire attacks.  Similarly, a single-handed blade set could be centered around fencing-like thrusts and parries, instead of the more sweeping slashing moves broadsword or katana/ninja blade have.  To make it fit together, have each use a different hand, and allow the other weapon to be drawn/held while you're using each.  You could create a ranged attack set, a melee set, and a hybrid assault set using these...

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1