The Tank Gods. . .

theDarkeOne

Just now, Infinitum said:

Thats probably one the best attacks in the set though.

Uh, I thought it was Barrage. Well, okay then, time to tweak the build.

5 hours ago, VV said:

Elec Armor is not nearly as clicky at Rad, and seems to cover all the bases, but I am concerned it is not as survivable as Rad. My question, is Rad Armor really so much more powerful than Elec Armor as to be worth the extra clickiness?

Elec armor is great once you get toxic covered.

Toxic will hurt badly on Elec where that is ignored and there is more toxic than cold which is rads main detriment.

That's why I put rad slightly ahead of Elec if I am ranking them - cause you never run into cold damage really.  Toxic is pretty frequent - especially late game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

They are close, but EP is just slightly faster - so I think when I tested it it had a higher dmg over time output and better fluidity in the chain.

I went to look at it again and I'll stick with Barrage. I have a tight rotation of Burn, ET, Barrage, Bone Smasher Barrage that juuuust barely covers Burn's recharge. Using EP would just have me use a weaker attack and get a one second gap.

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

I went to look at it again and I'll stick with Barrage. I have a tight rotation of Burn, ET, Barrage, Bone Smasher Barrage that juuuust barely covers Burn's recharge. Using EP would just have me use a weaker attack and get a one second gap.

Is EP weaker though?

1 minute ago, Infinitum said:

Is EP weaker though?

According to Mids EP ends, fully slotted and procced, as doing 245.

Barrage with the same slotting has 318.

Using EP will give me a 1 second gap. With EP animating in one second I -could- use one extra EP making it three EPs for 735 as opposed to two Barrage for 636.

Burn, EP, ET, EP, Bonesmasher, EP, Burn.

10 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Using EP will give me a 1 second gap. With EP animating in one second I -could- use one extra EP making it three EPs for 735 as opposed to two Barrage for 636.

Yeah thats the ticket, you can squeeze more EP in per cycle.

Its one of the best attacks outside of ET in the set.

Careful with mids numbers, also cause in game I'm calculating EP better in a 2 rotation cycle than a barrage 2 rotation cycle also from a DPA standpoint.

Unless I'm off which could be the case.  lol

Bopper is the numbers guy, someone say his name 3 times fast.  lol

4 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

I don't see why you think Rad Armour is a clicky set.

4 hours ago, Infinitum said:

That's why I put rad slightly ahead of Elec if I am ranking them

Okay, looks like one Rad/Dark coming on deck!

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

@Soveraand @InfinitumI've been quite pleased with my ET/BS/TF/BS repeat attack chain. Get those lowbie DPA attacks outta there!

Away with your low DPA TF!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Barely is greater than zero!

Finally dinged 50 on the Fire/EM. Didn't respec into the final build yet, but I hope it picks up because ET is still not impressive at all despite the Mid numbers.

I'm not even looking at log numbers but the simplest thing of popping BU (with Gaussian) and then hitting with ET and going meh at taking 1/5th of a +1 boss' HP. With the hype and the Mid numbers... dunno. That said six Mako (one lethal proc) while leveling is not five Hectacomb (purple damage proc) plus a Touch of Death damage proc and maybe that's what it needs to feel more impressive. But that's like Burn. It's fine while leveling but it really takes off with two damage procs, one of them a purple.

7 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Finally dinged 50 on the Fire/EM. Didn't respec into the final build yet, but I hope it picks up because ET is still not impressive at all despite the Mid numbers.

I'm not even looking at log numbers but the simplest thing of popping BU (with Gaussian) and then hitting with ET and going meh at taking 1/5th of a +1 boss' HP. With the hype and the Mid numbers... dunno. That said six Mako (one lethal proc) while leveling is not five Hectacomb (purple damage proc) plus a Touch of Death damage proc and maybe that's what it needs to feel more impressive. But that's like Burn. It's fine while leveling but it really takes off with two damage procs, one of them a purple.

back in the day, almost no brutes took barrage over Energy Punch cause we had choice on Brutes, barrage is "better" on tanker cause... well, we dont have choice :x

Be careful on mid's damage for Energy transfer, on some AT (like Tanker if i remember well) Mid's includes the damage deal to YOU in the DPA of the power making it a scrapper's level of damage.

Edited by Tsuko

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

10 minutes ago, Tsuko said:

back in the day, almost no brutes took barrage over Energy Punch cause we had choice on Brutes, barrage is "better" on tanker cause... well, we dont have choice :x

Be careful on mid's damage for Energy transfer, on some AT (like Tanker if i remember well) Mid's includes the damage deal to YOU in the DPA of the power making it a scrapper's level of damage.

Using Barrage would free a power letting me take Vengeance to mule my last LotG. Still something to ponder.

As for ET and Mids I've no idea.

It starts as 495 with no Musculature and no slots. Jumps to 918 with five Hectacomb (but no damage proc), 1052 with Musculature, then 1171 with Hecta's purple damage proc and Touch of Death. Then 1630 with Fiery Embrace, and finally 2595 with both FE and BU.

6 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Using Barrage would free a power letting me take Vengeance to mule my last LotG. Still something to ponder.

As for ET and Mids I've no idea.

It starts as 495 with no Musculature and no slots. Jumps to 918 with five Hectacomb (but no damage proc), 1052 with Musculature, then 1171 with Hecta's purple damage proc and Touch of Death. Then 1630 with Fiery Embrace, and finally 2595 with both FE and BU.

yeah 🙂 and check here 😛

ettankerbugg.PNG.6f28dc09e128ddca8168c002e001f23c.PNG

Looking at Fire/Katana the only thing I can really point a finger is at how badly it exemps. One tap of Divine Avalanche softcaps and more stacks will just help with defense debuffs. This in turns frees so much slotting that Hasten goes down to 125 seconds. Easy rotation with a 0.2 gap of Divine Avalanche, Soaring Dragon, Golden Dragonfly. Nice place for a FF proc.

But dat exemplaring. All the way up to 35 with only Flashing Steel, Divine Avalanche and Burn. We -could- take and/or slot the T1/T2, in a world with infinite powers and slots, but if exemped to at least 33 those powers and slots would gather dust uselessly.

8 minutes ago, Tsuko said:

yeah 🙂 and check here 😛

ettankerbugg.PNG.6f28dc09e128ddca8168c002e001f23c.PNG

597+1147.9+785.3=2530.2 plus 75% chance for 13.39 damage gives 2540.235.  I don't think it's counting the self damage in the total or we'd see 2882.34, unless I'm missing something which is always possible.

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

Away with your low DPA TF!

well, Total Focus... 😛 the love / hate relationship i have with this one is real.

I think we must jump back in the golden age of CoX to understand the purpose of Total focus : back in the days, i was a proud Rogue isles native so Brute was the undisputed main tank. Having to face the same (even bigger when RSF was the threat above all) challenges than blue grannies with capes (heroes :p), with scrapper HP pool, brutes had to learn soon to mitigate damage with soft control : Total Focus is a bad DPS power, but it s a real stun : the "optimal" team was a 1 dominator, 6 coruptors and 1 brute, so when your HP bar didn't stop going from 100% to 20% (cause both your kin and thermal corupters friends spam their heals and perma domination Dom was a still a dream), you were happy to stop this dam AV to break your bones for some tiny seconds by stunning him with repeated ET/TF in his face 😛

6 minutes ago, jojogladco said:

597+1147.9+785.3=2530.2 plus 75% chance for 13.39 damage gives 2540.235.  I don't think it's counting the self damage in the total or we'd see 2882.34, unless I'm missing something which is always possible.

you certainly right 😛 but what i m sure it's that my fire / nrj tanker nerver did 2540 dmg live.

for a tanker, hitting above 1K is already silly on the most resistant AT of the game ^^