The Tank Gods. . .

theDarkeOne

12 minutes ago, Supertanker said:

Look at the basic 300% and 400% damage, they're only off by a few percent. If the attack had been 100% enhanced, the numbers would be the same.

... You're right. Just tested it myself using Super damage inspirations, no difference between 300% and 400% +damage on my 100%-enhanced Greater Fire Sword

• Like 2

I made, and took my first ever tank to 50 a couple of months ago. She was a Dark/MA. I took the time to get all the accolades and her T4’s. Played with her for another few weeks before realizing something. I just don’t like /MA. Lol, I think it has something to do with the Dmg “I think” I’m putting out, but it seemed to take forever to kill things (of course doing 4/8 content).  I felt bad, LOVE Dark/, so I made a Dark/Rad. Now, I feel like I’m actually doing “great bodily harm” to things, lol. She feels like a brute in a tankers body imo. And she is indestructible. I love her..... Until they “fix” /EM, and then, most likely, my Invol/EM will  be ready to take that top spot. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bopper said:

Taking the 293.02 damage and applying 300% and 92.2% enhance (so 100% + 300% + 92.2% = 492.2%), I would expect 1442.25 damage, but you show 1693.98. With the cap at 500%, the most I would have expected is 1465.11 damage. So I'm curious, did you apply a resistance debuff that isn't listed? Or is the Baseline numbers possibly not showing the correct information (making my Base damage wrong in my calculations)?

Technically yes I had a base [11.5%], I wasn't expecting a numbers wizard to crunch the fun 😛 I rounded for simplicity. If it makes a differences in your numbers however, that was not technically a normal Lattice, but a Monster class Lattice up on PI island. I wanted something with some meat on its bones so I could have one singular consistent test subject. Wasn't a particularly specific choice, just a random one that I peeled off the island.

The process had been to run up to the Lattice and down T3 Reds until I hit '300%', fire off KO Blow twice to have consistent points, then absorb a couple more for cap, and swing again. My unintended mistake in that go-up was forgetting that I have Achilles' Heel in Beta Decay which fired off during those hits. But hey, it gave me an unintended but good data point. So I jogged away, let everything de-escalate, turned off Decay and jumped back on the Lattice with a re-absorbed collection of T3's at 300 and 400 for respective numbers.

No other abilities were used that included any kind of -Res effect beyond the accidentally trigger of Achilles', and explicitly none after I realized it.

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

Impressive numbers.

I even excluded the triple-proc portion (irrelevant data, you know). 😉

I came from testing an Invuln/Claws. The numbers looked good and in my mind I cast aspersions on Werner thinking that maybe -my- build would do better (hon hon hon).

After building the character I went to test it. Invuln blossoms early and so does Claws, so my first test was a +1x8 with bosses Posi 1. Got trounced.

Not a good start.

Second test was an ITF +4x8. Romans? No problem. Purposefully triggered the ambush at the top of the hill. Zero problem.

Yeah, you know, that ambush that tends to wipe parties if everyone is not ready to dump incarnates and play tight and maybe eat skittles? Soloed it, did not use incarnates at all, did not use inspirations. My endurance reached 80% once and then shot back up. My defense never once went into the red. Once, while in the middle of the ocean of sea food, it reached 35%, but then during a lull caused by Shockwave it shot back up to 54%. My HP stayed solid at 100% with dips to 95%-97%. For obvious reasons I never touched Dull Pain.

The ugly: tried to solo a pylon and got the same result as Bill. At the four minute mark the pylon was at K3PmWJj.png?1.

Tried again with two spawns of monkeys to try to trigger Gaussian in Invincibility and got a slight improvement at the four minute mark 9iWMnUE.png?1.

Unfortunately it's why I can't play a primary without a damage boost of sorts. It's literally half the damage output to play without Bio or Fire Armor. And while Invuln was a dream of playing in auto-pilot without touching clickies (I even took Rebirth expecting the need of a second heal) I don't think it could do the ITF at +4x8. When I did the no deaths +4x8 ITF on the Fire/Claws doing Romulus at twice the damage output was whittling it down. Doing it at half output simply would not happen.

Now, does it matter being able to solo the ITF or doing the pylon in less than four minutes? Absolutely not. If someone's intention is to be super sturdy then this sort of thing is right there where they need it.

The build that I used:

I may have gone a bit overboard in endurance recovery since I was steady at 90% for most of the time with a one time dip to 80%. I did not bother adding more defense for the simply reason of how Invincibility works. I just find that Tankers do not fear one tough enemy, but they fear many smaller enemies. With how Invincibility works this is perfect as we get more defense while there are many enemies, and as they die we no longer need the defense. With one enemy it's at 40% defense, easily workable for more, but in practical game play this is fine IMO.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Invulnerability
Secondary Power Set: Claws
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Resist Physical Damage -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(5)
Level 1: Swipe -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Temp Invulnerability -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9), UnbGrd-ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11)
Level 4: Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Acc/Rchg(19), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), AchHee-ResDeb%(21)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 8: Unyielding -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(27)
Level 12: Resist Energies -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(27), Ags-ResDam(29), Ags-Psi/Status(29)
Level 14: Dull Pain -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg(31), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-Absorb%(33)
Level 16: Spin -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(33), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Erd-%Dam(34), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36)
Level 18: Invincibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Def(36), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 20: Follow Up -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(37), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), TchofDth-Dam%(39), GldStr-%Dam(39)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Tough Hide -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(40), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50)
Level 28: Focus -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dam%(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 30: Resist Elements -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 35: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Shockwave -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48)
Level 41: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A)
Level 47: Weave -- ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(48), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-Def(50)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(15), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(15), PrfShf-End%(17)
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
------------

Edited by Sovera

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

Tried again with two spawns of monkeys to try to trigger Gaussian in Invincibility and got a slight improvement at the four minute mark.

I’m still trying to get Invuln/MA to work. I’m currently fiddling with Gloom and attack sequence, and I’m down to a leisurely 5:40 or so with two spawns of monkeys. I might be able to live with that personally. Still trying to get the rest of the build where I want it, though. And I also need to try Gloom on Shield, which of course will be faster, plus Shield Charge, so Invuln still has an uphill battle to win me over, even if it’s slightly sturdier.

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

The ugly: tried to solo a pylon and got the same result as Bill. At the four minute mark the pylon was at K3PmWJj.png?1.

Tried again with two spawns of monkeys to try to trigger Gaussian in Invincibility and got a slight improvement at the four minute mark 9iWMnUE.png?1.

Unfortunately it's why I can't play a primary without a damage boost of sorts. It's literally half the damage output to play without Bio or Fire Armor. And while Invuln was a dream of playing in auto-pilot without touching clickies (I even took Rebirth expecting the need of a second heal) I don't think it could do the ITF at +4x8. When I did the no deaths +4x8 ITF on the Fire/Claws doing Romulus at twice the damage output was whittling it down. Doing it at half output simply would not happen.

If only the old EM existed - cause it could out burst things like this, you would have loved the old invul/EM.

Claws is good and fast but not bursty enough on tanks to meet your requirements.  The old EM would have.

At the end of the day that's why we have scrappers and stalkers - because the vast cross section of tanker primarys arent made to do damage.

But I get where its fun to try to make something unique and outside the box to meet your play style - thats cool and there is nothing wrong with that.  I do the same thing with other ATs making them tanky.

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

Tried again with two spawns of monkeys to try to trigger Gaussian in Invincibility and got a slight improvement at the four minute mark

So on that topic, does the Gaussian proc in Invincibility run one check every 10 second per target in range?

Anecdotally, I just got 294 DPS on a work-in-progress invul/DB. No hybrid click.

Mind = blown. My previous time was 199 DPS running BF AS SS AS, with Hybrid.

The big change? Going back to oldschool Attack Vitals combo, no recharge in any attack whatsoever, to instead get the most out of procs. This is working beyond my expectations already.

Makes me wonder what a Fire/DB or Bio/DB running Attack Vitals could get to offensively. I expect this invul/DB will reach 350+ DPS once I finish the build/incarnates and click Hybrid. It stands to reason those other two primaries would crank it up to 400+ DPS.

Edit: OK, the Gaussian proc question was answered pages earlier. It works well in Invincibility. Thanks gang. 🙂 

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, nihilii said:

So on that topic, does the Gaussian proc in Invincibility run one check every 10 second per target in range?

Edit: OK, that question was answered pages earlier. It does. Thank you gang. 🙂

Anecdotally, I just got 294 DPS on a work-in-progress invul/DB. No hybrid click.

The big change? Going back to oldschool Attack Vitals combo, no recharge in any attack whatsoever, to instead get the most out of procs. This is working beyond my expectations already.

Makes me wonder what a Fire/DB or Bio/DB running Attack Vitals could get to offensively. I expect this invul/DB will reach 350+ DPS once I finish the build/incarnates and click Hybrid. It stands to reason those other two primaries would crank it up to 400+ DPS.

That's really good on an invul.

9 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

If only the old EM existed - cause it could out burst things like this, you would have loved the old invul/EM.

Claws is good and fast but not bursty enough on tanks to meet your requirements.  The old EM would have.

At the end of the day that's why we have scrappers and stalkers - because the vast cross section of tanker primarys arent made to do damage.

But I get where its fun to try to make something unique and outside the box to meet your play style - thats cool and there is nothing wrong with that.  I do the same thing with other ATs making them tanky.

Funny you should say that because I have found nothing that beats Claws so far.

I've been on an altitis spree and the only one that truly tickled my fancy was Rad Melee with the passive AoE allowing to just focus on STing bosses. Tbh I'd be all over it if only Irradiated Ground was at level 20 instead of 28, but it is as it is. Even so I don't much like the slow animations but the AoE sells it to me (and the heal). I haven't found a way to fit Gloom in and not lose my defense caps, but eh, not fussed since 28 instead of 20.

I looked at Fire/Staff and played it for a bit (25-30) and it felt like a spiritual successor with the early AoE, except it takes both cone and PbAoE to match Spin, and then lacks good ST moves (using Gloom is an option but Gloom does not generate combo points, and Burn certainly helps a -lot- with Staff's low ST damage, but again generates no combos).

Fire/SS is truckloads of damage, but dat late AoE and then the Rage crash saps my will to play.

One thing I'm realizing as I play is that Fire Armor is to Tankers what Stalkers are to certain power sets. SS only has an AoE at 38? Burn got you covered until then. A set has poor ST moves? Burn and alternating BU and FE will help tremendously.

Claws has everything. Good strong AoE early on so we are not made to ST our way to 28, early damage boost and accuracy as well at a time when someone leveling needs it the most, fast animations, good places for FF.

Ok, ok, we all know Claws 😄

And yeah, I miss the old EM too. When BaBs changed it from the Dim Mak touch of death to 'Look at mah hands, mah hands are amazing' (sung to a populaer internet song) was a sad day to all (that said I'm leveling a Fire/EM and it's not being bad actually).

7 minutes ago, nihilii said:

Yes it does, Werner ran the numbers (and Bopper confirmed them) before testing in game. It's back in page three or so.

If you want to ignore the defense goals you can certainly do a full on proc build. But trying to reach 40% S/L will demand sacrifices from the secondary. Bio is too squishy not to build defense so Fire might be a better option as it reaches 90% resists pretty much on its own (and with a lil help of the ATO).

It is something I've been pondering to try on test. I don't actually know how much defense is helping me in the actual game and though it is easily stripped by factions who can debuff defense not all of them do (and some do in small numbers, such as Crey who rely on minions to do it but minions are the first to die).  On one hand I posit a full proc Claws build relying on Shockwave to fill the rotation gap should put a dent on my record of 3:07 (incidentally never repeated), but on the other hand I'm satisfied with the times I got. I would need at least a good 30-40 seconds better times from it to consider a change.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 2:32 PM, nihilii said:

SR. Secondary optional. I'm endlessly surprised by the survivability you can get out of a SR Tanker.

Leveling? Enjoy softcap and high DDR by lvl 22, which makes you mostly invincible to the content you'll face.

Endgame? It's not hard to get to 59% defense without sacrifices, DDR is capped, scaling resistances + Tough + set bonuses + tanker ATO make it fairly easy to reach 90% S/L once the going gets tough, and even other resistances get downright impressive. Throw in a Rune of Protection / Melee Hybrid rotation combo and you can hardcap all resistances at low life.

I hopped on my SR/TW Tanker the other day and started soloing Rularuu. On +4/x8. And never felt the need to click an insp. Shouldn't AUTOHIT enemies be the kryptonite to a defense-based powerset?! Modern SR is plain amazing.

I just wish we got the Master Brawler treatment from Sentinels, because click mez protection is a bore. Solely because click mez protection is a bore. Tanker SR doesn't even need extra absorb as is, given the state of the game. Cruising on Panacea proc + Power Transfer proc + ~300% regen + the occasional absorb from tanker ATO, you never feel the need for a heal.

I'm working out a SR/Spines Tank, is it possible for you to link your build with all the items you listed in this post?

I was doing tweaking in Mids, and I could actually get my Melee Def to 79%, Ranged to 67%, and AOE to 75%... But the highest I could get for S/L Resist was around 72% without the +Res from the Tank AIO which even then shows at only 79% with the Res Proc...

One issue I see with SR is Endurance, as it has no End Siphon, and with all the toggles needed I can see it becoming a bit hairy... Are you relying on Incarnates to pick up the slack?

I've linked the Mids file for what I've worked out thus far (below)... Perhaps I'm just not selecting the right things?

Thanks,

Zip

Tanker - Super Reflexes - Spines.mxd

4 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Bursty isn't a thing past a maximum of 30 seconds in this game. 

Most likely a lot less.  

Not even Blaster Melee is Bursty beyond a few attacks. 

So it really doesn't enter into Pylon times.  

37 minutes ago, Zippity said:

I'm working out a SR/Spines Tank, is it possible for you to link your build with all the items you listed in this post?

I was doing tweaking in Mids, and I could actually get my Melee Def to 79%, Ranged to 67%, and AOE to 75%... But the highest I could get for S/L Resist was around 72% without the +Res from the Tank AIO which even then shows at only 79% with the Res Proc...

One issue I see with SR is Endurance, as it has no End Siphon, and with all the toggles needed I can see it becoming a bit hairy... Are you relying on Incarnates to pick up the slack?

I've linked the Mids file for what I've worked out thus far (below)... Perhaps I'm just not selecting the right things?

Thanks,

Zip

Tanker - Super Reflexes - Spines.mxd 5 kB · 0 downloads

70% is more than enough S/L resist for an SR.  Mine just sits around 60 and has no issues with S/L enemies. 

don't forget the scaling resists after all. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zippity said:

Are you relying on Incarnates to pick up the slack?

Definitely. I'm an Ageless man through and through (and I rely on Recovery Serum charges and amplifiers while leveling).

As for resistances, like Haijinx says the key is scaling resists. Coupled with the reactive defense IO, your resistances skyrocket at low life. I think the math goes to something like +60% RES at 1hp? Meaning, at half HP you get +30% RES to all. I could be wrong on the exact numbers.

It's also worth noting the Tanker ATO can stack up to 3 times. With a 30s duration and a high proc rate, it's not too hard to get there if the need arises.

Here's a SR/TW build I ran last year for example (nothing more recent on this computer = there is room for improvement):

Spoiler

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1509;722;1444;HEX;|
		|78DA6594494F535114C7EF6B5F8596321628F324434BDB67AB2622E342C02834214|
		|274659A275E6A63D3367D3581B83271DC29468C0AAE1C9018BF831FC0ADE3C2AD2E|
		|189C162ECCF3BCF73F214DFAD2D7DFBDE7DC73CEFF4E2FBE3CE97D73F2DA8450BC2|
		|7D2BA612416F4CC659977C5F5646A51584F19BDEDB02626E592CC18529BBF92A3DE|
		|19B99496CBD268616F5CA6A5D41652053D933827F55C366308CF5C369BD6E673525|
		|EF4DACD5972A432C94ABB339D4A5E2A500FAEF96C7E51E6577C53B9D4A2369591F9|
		|E44A22AE1B05B235918810BDC71AE94FB16499AA98710A11730BC769E63478E0145|
		|8FECF52EE160FFC82834C97F8025FCB67B0F73D38F0010C7E647E0287A89E827A2E|
		|E5176CEA0ED7D9053D3FC1C89E4555447E80C729D68958C5D9A020B61E1C269F0B3|
		|EE1EA16B66D846C653CBE8CC797F3F8359A835B4087FBAE8ABAAB60D53DB02941EE|
		|01A2E1C01CDF81A394B702791D15ACDDCBDABDACBD8776B9926B5786A0A78AF9886|
		|A5773EDEA3BA8557393791BACBB0536DE605E07C7A8762DE7ADE539D5F19C1E535E|
		|1FE7F5BD82D6FAE7CC1760F8A5C35ECBF03330B2093692DE06CEDBC07963765E552|
		|8E4F323AFF09BF4887152D1CCABDD1CC1AC9ED09056AEDE1A42B5B641663FD81D60|
		|06996F893EB7705285763E15EDBFB1821D7F9896834E5DC75FF4BB9AD0EF3ACCA78|
		|7623B59796715947779C075D2D4C39A7AD6B1820737984F993B0E3B5F2FEF72EF55|
		|CC678362FB38B66F0CBEFE51E61073181C18614E40D32A050610EB086CAAF62AC6B|
		|698AFC1FB7DB881D61A865A11B746360D36A7A6610E8742CC08338C5D99A03D8872|
		|7C9477AC4D15FC98F4B3762AA8EEDF6F73B0C41B2DB1C44A2C474A2C474B2CB3259|
		|63995CB9245B12DEE1ABABDB098DB9EFDAF8050F8FCEC7A8ABE0C67319F6037D665|
		|709BF99DF90D0C8FE32CEC14E70B20DF5EB1ED21F6E7AB7F5FA739E7B1D5DAEDF34|
		|56DBDA87DA1A83D43572BC62BF91FBC46F5C1|

At 57.4% ranged and 57% AoE it falls slightly short of 59% defense. But S/L resistances, even at full HP, start in the 50% range, climb to 77ish with Rune of Protection, to 84 with one stack of the Tanker ATO and 90% with 2 stacks. Even Toxic/Psi gets to 60% with 3 stacks. If our HP goes down to 50% and if I'm not crazy with the above scaling res numbers I pulled out of my rear, all resistances would be hardcapped around there.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nihilii said:

As for resistances, like Haijinx says the key is scaling resists. Coupled with the reactive defense IO, your resistances skyrocket at low life. I think the math goes to something like +60% RES at 1hp? Meaning, at half HP you get +30% RES to all. I could be wrong on the exact numbers.

SR scaling only kicks in when you're down to 60% hit points, then it's 1% resistance for every 1% more hit points lost. Reactive defenses scale linearly over the whole HP range though, 3% at 100% HP, 13% right before you die.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nihilii said:

Definitely. I'm an Ageless man through and through (and I rely on Recovery Serum charges and amplifiers while leveling).

It's also worth noting the Tanker ATO can stack up to 3 times. With a 30s duration and a high proc rate, it's not too hard to get there if the need arises.

Here's a SR/TW build I ran last year for example (nothing more recent on this computer = there is room for improvement):

Reveal hidden contents

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1509;722;1444;HEX;|
		|78DA6594494F535114C7EF6B5F8596321628F324434BDB67AB2622E342C02834214|
		|274659A275E6A63D3367D3581B83271DC29468C0AAE1C9018BF831FC0ADE3C2AD2E|
		|189C162ECCF3BCF73F214DFAD2D7DFBDE7DC73CEFF4E2FBE3CE97D73F2DA8450BC2|
		|7D2BA612416F4CC659977C5F5646A51584F19BDEDB02626E592CC18529BBF92A3DE|
		|19B99496CBD268616F5CA6A5D41652053D933827F55C366308CF5C369BD6E673525|
		|EF4DACD5972A432C94ABB339D4A5E2A500FAEF96C7E51E6577C53B9D4A2369591F9|
		|E44A22AE1B05B235918810BDC71AE94FB16499AA98710A11730BC769E63478E0145|
		|8FECF52EE160FFC82834C97F8025FCB67B0F73D38F0010C7E647E0287A89E827A2E|
		|E5176CEA0ED7D9053D3FC1C89E4555447E80C729D68958C5D9A020B61E1C269F0B3|
		|EE1EA16B66D846C653CBE8CC797F3F8359A835B4087FBAE8ABAAB60D53DB02941EE|
		|01A2E1C01CDF81A394B702791D15ACDDCBDABDACBD8776B9926B5786A0A78AF9886|
		|A5773EDEA3BA8557393791BACBB0536DE605E07C7A8762DE7ADE539D5F19C1E535E|
		|1FE7F5BD82D6FAE7CC1760F8A5C35ECBF03330B2093692DE06CEDBC07963765E552|
		|8E4F323AFF09BF4887152D1CCABDD1CC1AC9ED09056AEDE1A42B5B641663FD81D60|
		|06996F893EB7705285763E15EDBFB1821D7F9896834E5DC75FF4BB9AD0EF3ACCA78|
		|7623B59796715947779C075D2D4C39A7AD6B1820737984F993B0E3B5F2FEF72EF55|
		|CC678362FB38B66F0CBEFE51E61073181C18614E40D32A050610EB086CAAF62AC6B|
		|698AFC1FB7DB881D61A865A11B746360D36A7A6610E8742CC08338C5D99A03D8872|
		|7C9477AC4D15FC98F4B3762AA8EEDF6F73B0C41B2DB1C44A2C474A2C474B2CB3259|
		|63995CB9245B12DEE1ABABDB098DB9EFDAF8050F8FCEC7A8ABE0C67319F6037D665|
		|709BF99DF90D0C8FE32CEC14E70B20DF5EB1ED21F6E7AB7F5FA739E7B1D5DAEDF34|
		|56DBDA87DA1A83D43572BC62BF91FBC46F5C1|

At 57.4% ranged and 57% AoE it falls slightly short of 59% defense. But S/L resistances, even at full HP, start in the 50% range, climb to 77ish with Rune of Protection, to 84 with one stack of the Tanker ATO and 90% with 2 stacks. Even Toxic/Psi gets to 60% with 3 stacks. If our HP goes down to 50% and if I'm not crazy with the above scaling res numbers I pulled out of my rear, all resistances would be hardcapped around there.

Yeah so at half life you are capped to S/L even with no ATO.  Now if only Tankers got an OLD school Blaster defiance ATO proc .. 

My SR tanker has no self heal.  Can just Regen (not built for it specifically, just normal rate) back to full even when swarmed.  

END isn't especially a problem any more than any other set that has no END tool.  

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

Bursty isn't a thing past a maximum of 30 seconds in this game. 

Most likely a lot less.  

Not even Blaster Melee is Bursty beyond a few attacks. 

So it really doesn't enter into Pylon times.  

It did with old EM + high recharge.

12 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Bet those times when adjusted for the ole Nostalgia Lens filter were Higher than a lot of the times we see now. 

I don't remember tankers in the sub 4 minute range back in the day 

3 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Speaking of EM, I finally reached 35 to get ET.

... Not impressed. After all the brouhaha I was expecting more oomph when I six slotted it out of something that locks me out for three seconds. I mean, yeah, I can see it does nice damage, but it also costs me three seconds. I guess it needs two damage procs since with the recharge and animation the purple proc will have a 90% chance and a regular one 77% so that will add more.

Other than that EM has been a pleasant ride. Definitely not the worst variant. Burn helps with EM's weaker AoE and also as a filler. At the moment I find I can Burn, ET, Bone Smasher, Barrage, gap, Burn. But I'm still leveling and hard on slots.

17 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Speaking of EM, I finally reached 35 to get ET.

... Not impressed. After all the brouhaha I was expecting more oomph when I six slotted it out of something that locks me out for three seconds. I mean, yeah, I can see it does nice damage, but it also costs me three seconds. I guess it needs two damage procs since with the recharge and animation the purple proc will have a 90% chance and a regular one 77% so that will add more.

Other than that EM has been a pleasant ride. Definitely not the worst variant. Burn helps with EM's weaker AoE and also as a filler. At the moment I find I can Burn, ET, Bone Smasher, Barrage, gap, Burn. But I'm still leveling and hard on slots.

Yeah its a far cry from the old EM. Still very good for boss and lieutenant killing.

I still have high hopes HC will revisit EM at some point.  Talk about a heroes welcome.

Are you skipping EP?

Edited by Infinitum

On 8/13/2020 at 10:09 AM, theDarkeOne said:

Now that being said, who is your tank god?

Thing is, I don't have a "best" tank because I cannot stop playing my F3. "That character that just walks into any mission, straps on his/her boots, and says, "F*** it, try to kill me!" And proceeds to just cruise through with ease?!?!?" describes her quite well. She has a bit of a problem with Arachnos at 4x8, but by that I mean, I just need to play her a little strategically. Since reaching 50 and tricking her out, she's never been mezzed, except once. Tried to take on Ghost Widow AV solo. GW beat my girl down like nothing. Would float her in that bubble while massive chunks of her HP just went away.  I am so happy with the way she just mashes through stuff that I have not been that motivated to make a different tank.

But, I have been thinking of trying something new, tank-wise. I like the sound of Rad/Dark or Elec/Dark. I have a Rad Armor brute, and I see how it can be quite powerful, but it is so clicky, it bugs me. I know Elec Armor is not nearly as clicky at Rad, and seems to cover all the bases, but I am concerned it is not as survivable as Rad. My question, is Rad Armor really so much more powerful than Elec Armor as to be worth the extra clickiness?

6 hours ago, Infinitum said:

Yeah its a far cry from the old EM. Still very good for boss and lieutenant killing.

I still have high hopes HC will revisit EM at some point.  Talk about a heroes welcome.

Are you skipping EP?

Used it as filler until ET.

5 hours ago, VV said:

Thing is, I don't have a "best" tank because I cannot stop playing my F3. "That character that just walks into any mission, straps on his/her boots, and says, "F*** it, try to kill me!" And proceeds to just cruise through with ease?!?!?" describes her quite well. She has a bit of a problem with Arachnos at 4x8, but by that I mean, I just need to play her a little strategically. Since reaching 50 and tricking her out, she's never been mezzed, except once. Tried to take on Ghost Widow AV solo. GW beat my girl down like nothing. Would float her in that bubble while massive chunks of her HP just went away.  I am so happy with the way she just mashes through stuff that I have not been that motivated to make a different tank.

But, I have been thinking of trying something new, tank-wise. I like the sound of Rad/Dark or Elec/Dark. I have a Rad Armor brute, and I see how it can be quite powerful, but it is so clicky, it bugs me. I know Elec Armor is not nearly as clicky at Rad, and seems to cover all the bases, but I am concerned it is not as survivable as Rad. My question, is Rad Armor really so much more powerful than Elec Armor as to be worth the extra clickiness?

I don't see why you think Rad Armour is a clicky set. Particle shielding is nice to keep up but Rad Therapy is used as an AoE if slotted right that fills endurance and health, it's up to you if you want to use it often or not.

Meltdown is used for the damage buff so that's up to you also. Long cool down not used often.

Ground zero is an AoE nuke with a long cool down so it isn't used that often.

Elec Armour has a clicky heal instead of absorb and a clicky end drain.

Elec and Rad are quite similar. Rad just has a little more and no knockback worries