The Tank Gods. . .

theDarkeOne

21 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

And yet nobody acknowledged my Elec/Rad build.

I see where your priorities are!

I did obliquely in the new tank thread. 🙂

I don't like rad melee (same complaints about devastating blow as above), but hold high hopes one day energy melee will be moar cool.

• Like 1

My baby inv/db took on her first ITF today.

Following the footsteps of our resident bearded master of zany survivability feats, make that a solo Master ITF at +4/x8, with buffed enemies and insps disabled.

Man, invul is tough. I did use amplifiers. On the other hand, incarnates are only T3.

Sometimes I question my choices. Namely, should I have made that tanker WP instead of Invul? More endurance, more regeneration. S/L would still be capped, I'd get mez protection to everything, psi res/def, and the lower side resists can be propped up with Strength of Will for a while, or Barrier (instead of Rebirth on the invul).

But soloing an ITF really puts front and center the strength of Invul. Invincibility gives such a large buffer with a crowd around you, and that buffer comes in handy with the constant flurry of defense debuffs (and Invul has superior DDR to WP, too).

Using Experienced charges through the TF, I think I got no less than 5 veteran levels. Maybe even more than that.

Also got Gaussian's chance for Build Up in Invincibility to doublestack with itself at some point. That was interesting. Me being me, I probably clicked Void Judgement instead of making good use of it.

screenshot_200827-15-51-33.thumb.jpg.8949fc90ef4b727d41b603b5059441fe.jpg

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, nihilii said:

An hour and a half on T3! With an Invuln! With buffed enemies!

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 3

I did make a WP/Staff build on mids once that had 80%+resists to all with procs and body adaptability proc from sky splitter etc (but without the Hybrid) and softcapped defence with stupidly high regen with mobs around. It also had 42%+ DDR with ageless Radial.  Lost the build since then.  If you added the P2W buffs i am sure you would pretty much cap resists and have incarnate defence levels lol. The Melee hybrid would be even more silly.

Damage would not be good at all though, but it would take quite a beating 😛

Edited by Gobbledegook

3 hours ago, nihilii said:

Following the footsteps of our resident bearded master of zany survivability feats, make that a solo Master ITF at +4/x8, with buffed enemies and insps disabled.

Very nice! I took the Invuln/MA I was working on through the first 2.5 missions like that on beta. Then I was pounding on Rommy, realized it was going to take half an hour, so the final AVs would be somewhere between painfully slow and impossible, and I bailed. I added more DPS later, but yeah, a good Invuln is great on a maxed buffed enemies ITF. 👍

I've been mislead. I thought Divine Avalanche stacked three times and it actually only grants the one 15% defense.

Edit: Ah, it's on Scrappers that it stacks.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I've been mislead. I thought Divine Avalanche stacked three times and it actually only grants the one 15% defense.

Edit: Ah, it's on Scrappers that it stacks.

I never knew that either lol. I know it stacks on my Brute. 

Personally I don't think it should stack at all. 15% is more than enough.

Edited by Gobbledegook

24 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

It would be nice if it was consistent throughout though .. 

Its not like capping to Lethal and Melee is such a rare occurrence in COH that it needs to be regulated NOW...

Mmyeah, kinda puts a dampener on things. Though I guess 15% -does- free up a ton of slots otherwise dedicated to defense. I have my Hasten down to 126 which is a far cry from the usual.

...but yeah, without the overcapping some of the luster wore off.

13 hours ago, nihilii said:

insps disabled

13 hours ago, nihilii said:

I got no less than 5 [auto inspiration granting] veteran levels

Cheater 😛

I kid, I kid. Nice job.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/27/2020 at 4:04 PM, nihilii said:

Man, invul is tough. I did use amplifiers. On the other hand, incarnates are only T3.

Sometimes I question my choices. Namely, should I have made that tanker WP instead of Invul? More endurance, more regeneration. S/L would still be capped, I'd get mez protection to everything, psi res/def, and the lower side resists can be propped up with Strength of Will for a while, or Barrier (instead of Rebirth on the invul).

But soloing an ITF really puts front and center the strength of Invul. Invincibility gives such a large buffer with a crowd around you, and that buffer comes in handy with the constant flurry of defense debuffs (and Invul has superior DDR to WP, too).

Using Experienced charges through the TF, I think I got no less than 5 veteran levels. Maybe even more than that.

Also got Gaussian's chance for Build Up in Invincibility to doublestack with itself at some point. That was interesting. Me being me, I probably clicked Void Judgement instead of making good use of it.

screenshot_200827-15-51-33.thumb.jpg.8949fc90ef4b727d41b603b5059441fe.jpg

hum, No inspiration, master and enemy buffed ITF...

Ty, you jusrt give me a reason to work on my Rad FS build 😄

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

2 minutes ago, Tsuko said:

Oups i didt it again, FS means "Force Surhumaine", Super Strenght in french Sorry :x

Ah, that makes sense. Had I actually noticed your sig before just now I might even have worked that out.

• Thanks 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

I've been pondering an StJ. The AoE goes up to 9y in Spinning Strike with the Tanker buff, which isn't super duper amazing but since it's not a PbAoE and rather a tiny ranged fireball effect it ends hitting more.

StJ has been touted as a strong ST contender missing only in the AoE department.

Enter Fire Armor.

What blocks me a bit is the convoluted rotation since we hinge on Crushing Uppercut and Burn both having 7+ seconds of recharge. I kind of go around it by including Spinning Strike in the ST rotation. It's a bit heretical to add AoE skills for ST but, it does about the same damage as the other skills (costing a bit less than an extra half second to animate) with some good perks enticing its use: we can dump the FF proc and another -res proc in it freeing one FF slot from Crushing Uppercut.

The convoluted rotation would be:

- Starting fresh: Combat Readiness (Build-up, Gaussian proc), Burn, Crushing Uppercut (make use of the 3 combos Combat Readiness afforded, two purple procs with 90% of going off), Spinning Strike (it consumes combo points so this is the only moment to use it, FF proc and -res proc), Rib Crusher (native -res baked into the power), Shin Breaker (-res proc). Repeat.

The goal is reaching 7.50 seconds. Using the above starting at Crushing Uppercut would be: 2.4 - 2 - 1.6 - 1.6 = 7.6. Burn is up at 7.5 so the rotation starts over.

The problem with this is reaching Crushing Uppercut with only two combo points. According to Mids CU with three combo points would do 676 and with two combo points would do 625.

This is why I complained about being convoluted 😛

Basically we either remove Spinning Strike and add another Rib Crusher (and then lose the FF proc which will need to be re-added to CU while also losing the -res in a ST situation. Adding the FF proc would mean breaking the Hectacomb set and more than the recharge it is the 15% accuracy that is patching things for the build) or add another Rib Crusher to the initial rotation making it go from an optimal 7,6 to 9.2.

Of course that we shouldn't get too attached to the combo system anyway. Any miss will rob of a combo and it is better to use CU on recharge to expel the maximum per minute than to try to backtrack (and manage to keep track of combo points with an elderly UI).

Zher build:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Fiery Aura
Secondary Power Set: Street Justice
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Blazing Aura -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Initial Strike -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Heavy Blow -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9)
Level 4: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal(15)
Level 6: Fire Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), Rct-ResDam%(21), Ksm-ToHit+(23)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 12: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27)
Level 14: Consume -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(29), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(29), SynSck-Dam/Rech(31), SynSck-EndMod(31), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(31)
Level 16: Combat Readiness -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), GssSynFr--Build%(33), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(33), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 18: Burn -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Erd-%Dam(36)
Level 20: Rib Cracker -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), TchofDth-Dam%(37)
Level 22: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(39)
Level 24: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 28: Spinning Strike -- Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Ann-ResDeb%(39), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 32: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Shin Breaker -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(42), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), TchofDth-Dam%(43), AchHee-ResDeb%(45)
Level 38: Crushing Uppercut -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(46), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46), UnbCns-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 44: Focused Accuracy -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(50)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Radial Superior Ally
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
Level 1: Combo Level 1
Level 1: Combo Level 2
Level 1: Combo Level 3
------------

• Like 1

Food for thought: with STJ, I like to do Crushing Uppercut, Shin Breaker, Rib Cracker, [other big attack that is not from STJ], Shin Breaker, Rib Cracker.

- easy on the fingers / muscle memory

- gets you 4 normal attacks with a 95% chance to hit, so your chance NOT to have combo level 3 for CU is very low

- goooood DPS. Gets you near 600 on a stj/bio scrapper with Moonbeam, for example

Using Fire Armor, Burn would be a nice fit.

For more regular Tankers, Cross Punch with -RES and Gloom seem to offer roughly the same value to the above chain.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nihilii said:

Food for thought: with STJ, I like to do Crushing Uppercut, Shin Breaker, Rib Cracker, [other big attack that is not from STJ], Shin Breaker, Rib Cracker.

- easy on the fingers / muscle memory

- gets you 4 normal attacks with a 95% chance to hit, so your chance NOT to have combo level 3 for CU is very low

- goooood DPS. Gets you near 600 on a stj/bio scrapper with Moonbeam, for example

Using Fire Armor, Burn would be a nice fit.

For more regular Tankers, Cross Punch with -RES and Gloom seem to offer roughly the same value to the above chain.

That does seem more elegant, but depending on your CU recharge it's adding an extra attack past it being ready to be used again. It also 'forces' a FF proc into CU.

Ok, this is what I decided to do:

- Added FF to CU. This gives the ST rotation an accelerator. Pre-CU Spinning Strike is the combo spender and it too has the FF proc. The loss in accuracy will be taken up by Focused Accuracy to reach the +3 cap. I already always play with FA since my endurance can take it so nothing changes.

- Changed Heavy Blow for Sweeping Cross. This gives an extra AoE boost for extreme exemplaring (Synapse and lower can be comfortably done with Initial Strike, Rib Cracker, Initial Strike, Sweeping Cross and Burn providing a healthy push) as well as providing a spender. Come Yin and above and Sweeping Cross is relegated to being a mule (for me anyway, since I'm not into narrow cones as even with the Tanker buff it's still only about 75% wide) and Spinning Strike is the new spender all the way to 38 and Crushing Uppercut.

Hasten stays at 136, not great, but not terrible, with the FF procs having to take up the slack. 40% defenses, 75% slow resist. Only Initial Strike, Rib Cracker, Initial Strike all the way to level 35 would be sad but fortunately Burn is a tremendous equalizer serving for both ST and AoE.

Taking the advice from Nihilli the new end game rotation will be: (Combat Readiness) Crushing Impact, Shin Breaker, Burn (CU 2.4 seconds + SB 1.6 = 4 seconds, so Burn still enjoys the Gaussian), Rib Cracker, Shin Breaker. This is a comfortable rotation without gaps all the way to Crushing Uppercut where it has a 0.7 second wait, but, between CU having a FF proc (52% chance of going off I used the spreadsheet correctly) half the time it won't be there and anyone in the team throwing Ageless, or SB, or AM, or whatever mini SB the Elec Therapy set has, will bridge that gap.

Using an extra Rib Cracker is also acceptable.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Blazing Aura -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Initial Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal(15)
Level 4: Sweeping Cross -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 6: Fire Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), Rct-ResDam%(21), Ksm-ToHit+(23)
Level 12: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27)
Level 14: Consume -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(29), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(29), SynSck-Dam/Rech(31), SynSck-EndMod(31), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(31)
Level 16: Combat Readiness -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), GssSynFr--Build%(33), RechRdx-I(33), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(48)
Level 18: Burn -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Erd-%Dam(36)
Level 20: Rib Cracker -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), TchofDth-Dam%(48)
Level 28: Spinning Strike -- Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Ann-ResDeb%(39), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 35: Shin Breaker -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(42), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), TchofDth-Dam%(43), AchHee-ResDeb%(45)
Level 38: Crushing Uppercut -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), Hct-Dam%(46), UnbCns-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A)
Level 44: Focused Accuracy -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
------------

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sovera said:

That does seem more elegant, but depending on your CU recharge it's adding an extra attack past it being ready to be used again. It also 'forces' a FF proc into CU.

Ok, this is what I decided to do:

- Added FF to CU. This gives the ST rotation an accelerator. Pre-CU Spinning Strike is the combo spender and it too has the FF proc. The loss in accuracy will be taken up by Focused Accuracy to reach the +3 cap. I already always play with FA since my endurance can take it so nothing changes.

- Changed Heavy Blow for Sweeping Cross. This gives an extra AoE boost for extreme exemplaring (Synapse and lower can be comfortably done with Initial Strike, Rib Cracker, Initial Strike, Sweeping Cross and Burn providing a healthy push) as well as providing a spender. Come Yin and above and Sweeping Cross is relegated to being a mule (for me anyway, since I'm not into narrow cones as even with the Tanker buff it's still only about 75% wide) and Spinning Strike is the new spender all the way to 38 and Crushing Uppercut.

Hasten stays at 136, not great, but not terrible, with the FF procs having to take up the slack. 40% defenses, 75% slow resist. Only Initial Strike, Rib Cracker, Initial Strike all the way to level 35 would be sad but fortunately Burn is a tremendous equalizer serving for both ST and AoE.

Taking the advice from Nihilli the new end game rotation will be: (Combat Readiness) Crushing Impact, Shin Breaker, Burn (CU 2.4 seconds + SB 1.6 = 4 seconds, so Burn still enjoys the Gaussian), Rib Cracker, Shin Breaker. This is a comfortable rotation without gaps all the way to Crushing Uppercut where it has a 0.7 second wait, but, between CU having a FF proc (52% chance of going off I used the spreadsheet correctly) half the time it won't be there and anyone in the team throwing Ageless, or SB, or AM, or whatever mini SB the Elec Therapy set has, will bridge that gap.

Using an extra Rib Cracker is also acceptable.

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Initial Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(15), Pnc-Heal(15)
Level 4: Sweeping Cross -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 16: Combat Readiness -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), GssSynFr--Build%(33), RechRdx-I(33), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(48)
Level 20: Rib Cracker -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), TchofDth-Dam%(48)
Level 38: Crushing Uppercut -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46), Hct-Dam%(46), UnbCns-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A)
Level 44: Focused Accuracy -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
------------

I am so not happy with you after this thread. . . Every time I have read a reply I make a new tank until you came out and pointed out the awesomeness of Fire/Claws. . .

Thanks. . . Thanks a lot. . .

Now I havent touched any of my other characters in a week!

And at level 42 I have burned through multiple respecs trying to find the build that works for me because this girl has been way to much fun!!!!

And to think, I was so enjoying my Shield/StJ character before all of this. . .

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, theDarkeOne said:

I am so not happy with you after this thread. . . Every time I have read a reply I make a new tank until you came out and pointed out the awesomeness of Fire/Claws. . .

Thanks. . . Thanks a lot. . .

Now I havent touched any of my other characters in a week!

And at level 42 I have burned through multiple respecs trying to find the build that works for me because this girl has been way to much fun!!!!

And to think, I was so enjoying my Shield/StJ character before all of this. . .

I've been on a alt leveling spree trying to find something better.... No luck yet.

And then I try to play something else... I shelved my Kat/Rad I was trying when I saw me whittle mobs whittle mobs and I was thinking, '...man, One FU, one Burn, one Spin, things would be dead now and the boss at half HP...'

This Fire/StJ has been playing pretty well though. Currently at 36. Run across a pack of enemies and stand on the other side targeting something with a bit more HP. There is this period where mobs go 'what the heck!? How did they get here!?' and don't move so there is no point in opening with an AoE just yet, so I was doing Initial Strike, Rib Cracker, Initial Strike. By then they finally wake up and run in my direction. Sweeping Cross to expend the three combo points, use Combat Readiness, use Burn, use Sweeping Cross again since CR recharges the combo points. Enemies mostly dead and dying as the Burn patch ticked and I kept unloading Sweeping Crosses. Just keep moving a bit to not be in the middle of the enemies since Sweeping Cross is a cone so it's better to be outside the ball of enemies.

At 28 I swapped to Spinning Strike and its anemic AoE radius is bolstered by the Tanker buff making it decent now.

I'm not using my big hitters yet but everything seems to be dying quickly as expected when we unload a ton of damage and stand in a sea of flames. Fire Armor really complements pretty much any secondary. StJ suffers in the AoE and Burn makes up for it. StJ suffers from the disconnect the old devs had throwing powers without a sense of progression (Spinning Strike ought to be at 20, and Shin Breaker ought to be at 28. Leveling to 35 to finally get two strong(er) ST attacks in a row is an odd choice) and Burn (alternating Fiery embrace and Combat Readiness too) helps the ST not feel anemic until then.

But, in the end, instead of faffing around with one spender from 1- 28, then using a different spender from 28 - 38, then switching to a third spender from 38-50, while also waiting until 35 and 38 to finalize the ST rotation (never forgetting if we exemp down we need to re-do our skill bar 😄) we can just pick Claws, by level 20 we have the full foundation, by 28 we replace one attack.

Well, StJ should (probably) be stronger in ST and while even with three combo points Spinning Strike is still half-ish the damage of Spin it does use the FF proc so more Burns and Fiery Embraces.

Edited by Sovera

On 8/27/2020 at 7:04 AM, nihilii said:

solo Master ITF at +4/x8, with buffed enemies and insps disabled

I thought I might be able to beat your time with the Shield/MA Tanker I'm currently testing on beta. Nope. But it's a smooth, easy build for this. Much easier and faster than my Katana/Dark Brute or my Dark/MA Tanker. To be fair, I was using P2W this time and didn't on those. I'm confident I could do it without, but not confident I could get under two hours unless there's a secret to defeating Rommy quickly. I can plow through the purple fluffies at a reasonable clip going healing, autohit, other, but I have trouble with Rommy getting defense buffs, and wasting time on the ambushes, allowing him to partially heal. Oh, no Lore, but I doubt they're much help anyway. I never got the knack of keeping them from charging into melee and getting wiped out.

ThurinITF3.thumb.PNG.c434ea8bdc97eb8c2ccef8b3cea85019.PNG

If I could still survive, I wonder how much it would improve my speed if I swapped from Cardiac Core and Ageless Radial to Musculature Core and Ageless Core. I only touched Ageless Radial a few times, and only to help with endurance. 

Edited by Werner
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Werner said:

Oh, no Lore, but I doubt they're much help anyway. I never got the knack of keeping them from charging into melee and getting wiped out.

My own Lore dies 99% of the time too, but I think it does help a lot when it survives. My Longbow had a chunk of time where it helped with Romulus; whereas with my own damage, it took me a long time to make progress what with Rom hitting his own self heals and all.

I think the trick is to never change them from defensive mode, and use one GoTo command at a safe distance. As in, put that circle down a solid 30-40 feet away.

Rom ambushes get tricky, but seeing as they always pop up at specific health % and from that very same door on the right, I would aggressively jump on them and wipe out most minions/lieuts with Judgement + AoEs before they even get to react.

Dual Blades has an advantage here, it can finish the two bosses with Sweeping Strike's AoE as part of my ST attack chain.

Loving that costume on Thurin!!

Since you're someone who is playing one at the moment, @nihilii, I'm trying to see the interest in Dual Blades.

It has a clone of Follow up that animates slightly slower.

It has a clone of Spin that does half the damage (same slotting Spin is at 343 and Typhoon's Edge is 160).

Vengeful Slice takes the spot of Focus with both doing KD, but VS animates in 2.6 as opposed to 1.3 and does 50 damage less.

Ablating Strike takes the place of Slash for the Achilles proc but does about 80 damage less.

So the answer has to be the combos. What exactly does the whatchamacallit... Attack Vitals do? Could you tell me how much damage increase it brings and peculiarities it adds?

16 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I'm trying to see the interest in Dual Blades.

To be honest... since the Claws Brute/Tanker port I could ask myself the same. 😉 DB is first and foremost a nostalgia trip for me. My namesake on Live was a db/inv scrapper, which I took through all the challenge stuff I could manage at the same time. Meaning mostly lvl 50 AVs. How times have changed...

But, trying to look at the plusses of DB objectively, we've got to give it to Sweeping Strike above all. Animates in ~1.5s, takes the Arma proc, takes the Fury -res proc, strong as a ST attack but happens to be a wide cone (especially on a Tanker). I'd say everything else in DB exists to support Sweeping Strike.

Attack Vitals is an extension of Sweeping Strike, too. I couldn't tell you how much damage it adds. It's a ticking DoT, and I've never bothered to count. It also hits everything Sweeping Strike hits, as SS is the finisher; you get even more "free" AoE damage as part of your ST chain.

It used to be BF -> Attack Vitals (AS VS SS) was the low recharge option, Empower (NS AS BF) -> Sweeping Strike was the mid recharge option, and BF AS SS AS with no combo was the high recharge option; with corresponding damage output. PPM system seems to favor BF -> AV above all. I was below 200 DPS on this Tanker using BF AS SS AS. BF -> AV pushes me to 300+. Bonkers. There may have been build mistakes in my original BF AS SS AS, who knows, but either way it seems DB, with its low recharge attacks, truly benefits from the low recharge approach to maximise proc rate; at least on Tankers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nihilii said:

It used to be BF -> Attack Vitals (AS VS SS) was the low recharge option, Empower (NS AS BF) -> Sweeping Strike was the mid recharge option, and BF AS SS AS with no combo was the high recharge option; with corresponding damage output. PPM system seems to favor BF -> AV above all. I was below 200 DPS on this Tanker using BF AS SS AS. BF -> AV pushes me to 300+. Bonkers. There may have been build mistakes in my original BF AS SS AS, who knows, but either way it seems DB, with its low recharge attacks, truly benefits from the low recharge approach to maximise proc rate; at least on Tankers.

A hundred plus DPS increase just for hitting skills in a row does seem worth it. The attack chain reliably applies the Achilles, Fury and Force Feedback proc too.

• Like 2

Does this look a bit mad? I tried this once on a Stalker and it reached 2:30 on a pylon so I doubt it would crush anything on a Tanker, buuuut...

According to Mids Burn is comparable to AS (160 base AS versus 186 base Burn, at the cost of Burn animating slower (0.9 versus 2.25) and having a longer recharge (15 seconds versus 25 seconds). Alternating Power Siphon and FE should help with KM's short comings too.

As always it's a damn shame we don't have that useless Torrent swapped with Burst.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Kinetic Melee

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Quick Strike -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg(A), HO:Nucle(7), TchofDth-Dam%(7), GldStr-%Dam(9), ExpStr-Dam%(9), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 2: Healing Flames -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal(13)
Level 4: Body Blow -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg(A), HO:Nucle(34), GldStr-%Dam(36), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40), TchofDth-Dam%(45)
Level 6: Smashing Blow -- HO:Nucle(A), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), Mk'Bit-Dam%(17), Hct-Dam%(19), TchofDth-Dam%(19), GldStr-%Dam(21)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(27), Ksm-ToHit+(27)
Level 10: Fire Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 12: Plasma Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 14: Consume -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(33), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(33), SynSck-Dam/Rech(33), SynSck-EndMod(34), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(34)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 18: Burn -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Arm-Dam%(37), Erd-%Dam(37)
Level 20: Power Siphon -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--Build%(39), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 22: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(40)
Level 26: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 28: Burst -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43)
Level 32: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Focused Accuracy -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(48)
Level 38: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(45), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(48), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(15), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
------------