No EATs or VEATs on Gold Side

Ukase

I was going to make a PB on Gold Side...but apparently they're not on option, nor are the VEATs. What gives? I selected Going Rogue..wasn't sure if the PB would be melee or ranged or tank, but tried each playstyle option and no EATs to be found. (Epic Archtypes)

The E in EAT stands for Epic - and when the devs used that terminology, they were using it in the sense of "Epic of Gilgamesh," tying those ATs to some specific bit of lore or story.  Given the Kheldian war and Project Destiny storylines have nothing to do with Praetoria, they're not able to be created there.

There's no version of Arachnos in Praetoria since Tyrant killed Marcus Richter (Recluse.)

For the Khelds, we don't know what happened. Given history's "the same" up to about the Korean War (though, technically not since Cole had already been wellified,) it's likely neither the Path of the Dark nor the Warshades ever came out of hiding, possibly wiped out by Cole or Hamidon before the Peacebringers arrived to continue the Kheldian war on Earth - or the PBs saw what Hamidon was doing, said "nope" and left.

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

21 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Or the PB's said damn man, I wanna be a Greater Devoured!  and merged with Hamidon.

(this is not considered likely)

Forming... the Hambringer!

Mmmm. Ham.

• Haha 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 hours ago, Greycat said:

Forming... the Hambringer!

image.thumb.png.6faa628d676a60cb94b5747755ee4d38.png

Edited by Sir Myshkin
I couldn't unsee this in my brain, so I shared.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I'm fond of the the idea of PEATs (Praetorian Epic ATs), where the character has the option of trying different paths of hybridization with the Devouring Earth. It doesn't necessarily make any sense why this would be tolerated in Praetoria, but the world concept is such a mess (post-incarnate) anyway. The different Devouring Earth have enough different powers/pets that it seems like we could brainstorm some  primary/secondary power sets... plus BEES!

Perhaps less radical: Mirroring the VEAT Widow/Soldiers, I always felt that the IDF forces (Seekers / Rangers) looked as if they could be morphed into an EAT. The Seeker animations (not to mention backstory) might be a little hard to make work/justify but I feel as if there must be some options for different power paths to support/oppose Emperor Cole.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tidge said:

Perhaps less radical: Mirroring the VEAT Widow/Soldiers, I always felt that the IDF forces (Seekers / Rangers) looked as if they could be morphed into an EAT. The Seeker animations (not to mention backstory) might be a little hard to make work/justify but I feel as if there must be some options for different power paths to support/oppose Emperor Cole.

Those guys are kinda like, hmm, part blaster, part mm? With all those silly flying things that go around. I think it could be fun! 

I REALLY like their melee attacks at low level, with the cool grid-looking effects. That would be something I would really love to play!

On 9/19/2020 at 11:35 AM, Lines said:

Neither exist on Praetorian Earth.

There was a suggestion about making it work not long ago.

You know, despite how much I play Goldside (1/3rd of my characters on Homecoming have started there) I didn’t know this.  I had toyed with the idea of starting my Widow there, but I didn’t want to miss out on the VEAT-only story arcs redside.  You learn something new every day.  Thanks y’all!

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!