What would you change aesthetically?

TraumaTrain

What in Paragon City or the Rogue Isles would you change just in general set up or aesthetics?

Tony Kord. Instead of having him hide in the bushes in Atlas Park, I'd put him on the roof top in Kings Row where his helicopter pad is. And have an assistant or two nearby. and put a helicopter on the pad too. He's got meetings to make and deals to deal. His primary missions all take place in the best row anyway. Obviously, you'd have to remove that pad as a spawn point. (Mechanically, unlock him as a contact so you can simply approach him in the correct level range.)

• Like 1

I'd take the Mook-in-a-cement-bucket animation and move it over to every rescue mission in the game, replacing the bucket with ropes.  No more cowering, no more standing there clapping, just that one animation so we could all laugh as the hostage hops away from the action when combat begins.

Except Fusionette.  She can be tangled up in yarn instead.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I'd create Traffic Jams.

No. Literally. I mean exactly that. It's a CITY. There's no morning / evening commute?  What's up with that? We have a sunrise sunset.  It ought to be possible to have certain streets have backed up traffic at certain times of day. 

Also, I'd fix NPC Civilian Distribution in Independance Port.  There's a complete HUMAN WALL of civilians marching north / south along the eastern sidewalk by the zone to Brickstown and north a bit frokm there, because they apparrently have NO IDEA where else they can go.  I mean, I guess they're not going to go hang out in Perez Park.  But that one stretch of sidewalk just can't be THAT happening of a neighborhood.  I'd figure how to distribute civlians around the rest of the zone, or I'd slash their numbers by at least 75%.

• Like 2

I would be super careful about trying to not take away anything someone might love.

As dated as the graphics are, I think the aesthetics are much too subjective and personal a thing to go tampering with.

Offering textures and models with increased graphic fidelity would definitely be nice, but I'd be sure to make it optional.  Hell!  If possible, I would have two entirely separate clients programs; one with the improved graphics engine, and one with the classic.   Yes, that would double all the work for any new visual assets which would appear different between the two programs, but I'm just crazy enough to do that kind of thing.

• Like 1

Villain side aesthetics. 

EDIT:  between the color scheme and the dimness, it is visually unpleasant for me to play redside, especially Arachnos base missions.  An option to change colors or increase brightness would go a long way.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

59 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Villain side aesthetics. 

EDIT:  between the color scheme and the dimness, it is visually unpleasant for me to play redside, especially Arachnos base missions.  An option to change colors or increase brightness would go a long way.

Grandville is just Arachnos base turned inside-out, horrible aesthetics. The other red city zones feel alive, but not Grandville.

• Like 1

As I played a Praetorian character again after a long time of not having played one, the difference between Praetoria and Paragon City are night and day. I'd play blue side if all the zones weren't as samey as they are now. Basically, a facelift of Paragon City to be more distinct like Praetoria.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I really do not like not being able to see inside all the Arachnos bases. I get that it should be sorta dark & foreboding but when you just stare into the void that is Arachnos structural design it gets really annoying. I want to be able to SEE what I am doing (it is also why I really hate being Blinded). 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Villain side aesthetics. 

I find that I often have to fiddle with gamma to figure out what I am doing and where I am going in Dark Astoria door missions, myself.

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'd like the option to show our weapons stowed on our characters when not in combat. You could choose to display it on the back, hip, carried... Certain weapons would have limited positions obviously. Pistol holsters on belts, thighs, chest. Just feels really lacking to play a toon whose super abilities are weapon based and not have any visible weapons.

• Like 6

I'd add a few polys to the head model to round out the pointy, pointy faces slightly.

I'd also like it if the  textures were more consistent... some are very cartoony, some are literal low rez photos. This seems particularly bad with clickies. It's not the resolution that's the issue, it's the lack of a consistent art style in some of the early game resources.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

11 hours ago, Oginth said:

Grandville is just Arachnos base turned inside-out, horrible aesthetics. The other red city zones feel alive, but not Grandville.

The first thing i did on return.  Went to grandville and watched recluse give his motivational speech on the overhead.  Stupid heroes will never understand this great mans vision.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1