What are your next 3 Alts?

Saikochoro

My next 3 projects are:

Bots/FF Mastermind - who is a cross between Sue Storm & Brainiac 5’s mom. 😛

Water/Willpower Sentinel - my Aquaman/Namor/Mera homage.

Widow - I never got my Widow to 50 on Live, despite enjoying her immensely - so this time for sure! 😉

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

5 hours ago, Mister Mass said:

Widow - I never got my Widow to 50 on Live, despite enjoying her immensely - so this time for sure! 😉

The biggest thing keeping me from sticking with my VEATs is the lack of costume options. Unless there is something I’m missing I have to look like arachnos. I get that that it sort of the point, but I’d like it better if I could make them look how I wanted. 

That said, I have both a pure night widow and a fortunata in my mids builds waiting for me to make the dive. 

Quick update on one of my next three:

I went ahead a power leveled my fire bio sentinel and got it t3 musculature and decked out with IOs. I can say that the damage is very much improved compared to my other two sentinels. So I’m very pleased with that. 

I did a dr. Q task force with it and it ate everything up.  I then also did a synapse task force and I noticed that it is a monster when exemplared down. I understand that a lot of that is due to have full IO sets and a lot of bonuses being available due to attuned IOs. However, I feel like I would definitely like the sentinel better when exemplaring than blasters. I tanked the synapse TF (nothing special I know), but also did a boat load of damage.

Next step is to try a +4 ITF and see how it fairs with high level enemies. However, thus far I am very pleased and can say that I have more faith in the AT now.

Edited by Saikochoro

6 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

The biggest thing keeping me from sticking with my VEATs is the lack of costume options. Unless there is something I’m missing I have to look like arachnos. I get that that it sort of the point, but I’d like it better if I could make them look how I wanted.

It's only enforced on the default costume slot.  All other slots are open to all other costume options, with the caveat that the Arachnos costume pieces are only available on the default slot.

Slot 1 - Arachnos.

Slots 2-10 - Everything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

9 minutes ago, Luminara said:

It's only enforced on the default costume slot.  All other slots are open to all other costume options, with the caveat that the Arachnos costume pieces are only available on the default slot.

Slot 1 - Arachnos.

World changed. Mind blown. VEATs here I come!

• Haha 1

How many fire farmers combos would count?  Any AT, any primary and secondary as long as its 45% def, caped fire resist, and AoE it works for farming...just can't decide if I want to do it and move onto something else before I try it.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

4 hours ago, Luminara said:

Slot 1 - Arachnos.

With the exception of the weapons. The Widows only have access to the Widow weapon skins.

Can't make a Wolverine clawed Widow, unfortunately.

I haven't played the other half of the SoA, so I can't say if the spider guys have the same issue with weapons.

But, I'd bet they do.

On 10/12/2020 at 1:29 PM, Mister Mass said:

My next 3 projects are:

Bots/FF Mastermind - who is a cross between Sue Storm & Brainiac 5’s mom. 😛

Water/Regen Sentinel - my Aquaman/Namor/Mera homage.

Apparently the Sentinel is /Regen, not /Willpower.  I finally got him through the tutorial, where he had been waiting patiently for weeks.  So far, he look better than he plays - but style trumps substance! 😎

Edited by Mister Mass

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

A Dominator, Plants/something most likely. Never played the AT or Plant Control to 50 so it would be a double whammy. A Tanker, don't have one at 50 on HC yet, but I can't pick between all the possible powerset combos - probably Rad/* or SR/*, but it'll depend on the primary and what kind of concept I come up with. Third one is a tough call between a Stalker (Sav/EA most likely, never got either set to 50) or a Storm/Energy chaos offender.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I just got a melee character to level 50, and I'm in no rush to race down the Incarnate path, so I'm thinking of revisiting:

1) My Peacebringer. Essentially to re-experience the Kheldian content again.

2) A Blaster with Knockback as a control mechanism. I'm not *bad* at this, but on live I was *really good* at this. This is more of a proof-of-(play)-concept. I don't mind soloing if I must, but I'd like to be able to demonstrate to PUG that KB isn't the end of the world.

3) A Controller... possibly Mind/Poison. I have a character concept that I'd like to explore but I haven't settled on the primary/secondary (or AT), but I think this combo comes closest.

My iconoclastic nature may be showing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tidge said:

2) A Blaster with Knockback as a control mechanism. I'm not *bad* at this, but on live I was *really good* at this. This is more of a proof-of-(play)-concept. I don't mind soloing if I must, but I'd like to be able to demonstrate to PUG that KB isn't the end of the world.

One of my most memorable experiences was as a Rad/Energy defender.  Struggling team sent a /tell, I joined, they thought they were getting a "healer", I turned an entire mission map of Freaks into popcorn, entire team learned the value of KB.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

17 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

With the exception of the weapons. The Widows only have access to the Widow weapon skins.

Can't make a Wolverine clawed Widow, unfortunately.

I haven't played the other half of the SoA, so I can't say if the spider guys have the same issue with weapons.

But, I'd bet they do.

That’s a shame. I actually really wanted the wolverine claws on the widow.  Still at least the other costume options are available to me now. 

3 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

I´ve never ever tried a Controller or Dominator, so Im contemplating either with some Gravity in it.

If you would like a metric ton of holds, I'd go with Grav/Time controller.

Without adding in chance for hold IO procs or Singularity, you'd have 2 ST holds, an AoE hold, and an AoE slow with a chance for hold.

You can easily toss in 4 more chance for holds in there, then the Singularity for more CC madness.

With some favor from the RNG diety, you can hold AVs, practically on your own.

55 minutes ago, Twisted Toon said:

If you would like a metric ton of holds, I'd go with Grav/Time controller.

Without adding in chance for hold IO procs or Singularity, you'd have 2 ST holds, an AoE hold, and an AoE slow with a chance for hold.

You can easily toss in 4 more chance for holds in there, then the Singularity for more CC madness.

With some favor from the RNG diety, you can hold AVs, practically on your own.

Would it be viable for mostly solo play with some PUG thrown in?

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

Having been on my Kinetic Melee/Energy Aura/Mu Mastery scrapper for a while, I've decided it's really time to change things up. I've actually already created my next few alts. In order of priority:

Energy/Atomic/Cold science blaster Bowshock. Already planned a build and got my first few levels on him. So far a TON of fun and the character concept is shaping up nicely. Probably has the highest risk of dethroning my KM scrapper as my main.

Dark/Dark/Dark magic sentinel Faerwald. Supernatural investigator character concept. People don't like him because he uses "dark" magics. REALLY hates Skulls and Circle of Thorns.

Gravity/Energy/Psionic magic dominator Procyon Centauri. Having a bit of a harder time with him; it's a different playstyle than I'm used to, but really freaking fun if I can not die. Cosmic wizard type, deals with interdimensional spacey threats. Think Cthulhu-esque stuff.

Magic Peacebringer Sun Shrike. Character concept has a lot of potential. Void Hunters/Quantums wrecked my day so I'm torn. Like him though.

Energy/Willpower/Pyre mutation brute Safehouse. Most likely to move way up my list, because I'm really enjoying EM, and frankly the character concept is awesome. Originally an arrogant guy who spent his childhood surrounded by people who always told him he would be amazing, a gold standard hero. Really has a big head. His journey has to do with sort of figuring himself out after a humbling experience. Really excited to explore his character/arc and build. Given he's also my namesake, yeah, he'll probably move up my list.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

My current projects are:

Almost finished my Rad/Fire Brute on a Farming Account then after that:

Ada Darwin   Plant/Psychic Dominator  (48)

Electra Kat    Savage/Electric Armor Stalker (26)

Drina             Illusion / Traps Controller (5)

after that I would do a Claws/Bio Scrapper I think

For October, I'm doing classic Halloween characters with power sets that I haven't played so far in Homecoming:

A black cat Claws/Willpower Scrapper

A Jack O'Lantern pumpkin headed Fire/Fire Sentinel

A mummy Broad Sword/Energy brute

A witchy water/dark corruptor

A Frankenstein monster Electric/Super Strength tanker

A ghostly dark control/dark assault dominator

I may create some more as the mood strikes.  Obviously a werewolf is called for, but I've played most applicable sets and am thinking about how to put a different spin on it.....

• Like 1

Well. I've remade Rez Dispenser, just because, and since it's the season, School Spirits, as well. (Necro/Thermal.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Leaning towards a Beam/Energy Sentinel, a Battle Axe/Shield Brute, and a Demon/Dark MM.  

Not quite as sold on the Sentinel, but, want to roll one of some sort.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

10 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

Would it be viable for mostly solo play with some PUG thrown in?

You have Lift and Propel in the Grav Primary

And a few slows and at least one -regen in the time secondary.

Not to mention a couple DoT heals and a few other tricks.

Of course, the Singularity also does damage and holds, and immobs, and repels.

Repel is nice when fighting Warwolves. Just place yourself inside the Singularity and they'll never hit you more than once.

My current Grav/Time (level 50) is able to deal with x8 missions solo.

But, I also built her for maximum hold mag and recharge.

Which is why she has 3 holds and 5 chance for holds.

She also has about 60% S/L resistance, and 40% fire/cold/psi resistance.

(Note: all that is at level 50)

Your PuG mates might get a little annoyed if nothing is able to fight back though. 😋

• Thanks 1

Despite my earlier post I actually ended up with a Fire/NRG Domi as my new alt this week. Late 20s now and enjoying it immensely. Tried an Elec/Stone melee domi before but it just felt too control-lite and squishy. The stacked stuns & knockdown from Fire and NRG seem to gel much better for me and I love the Energy Store / Release mechansim the HC team brought in.