Regeneration

Wavicle

For the Melee version of the set only:

1. Add a minor Absorption buff to Fast Healing

2. Add a moderate Absorption buff to Reconstruction

3. Add End Drain/Recovery Resistance to Quick Recovery

4. Add Recharge Resistance to Resilience

5. Lower the recharge of Instant Healing to 10 minutes

That might not be enough, but it would be a good start.

• Like 2

Time to post again...

how to fix regen

1. Give more -regen resist

2. Either lower recharge a bit or increase duration of instant healing or moment of glory 

3. give stalkers some +recovery in combination with fast healing

4. allow Rez to be used while alive (like sentinels)

5. Have the heals in dull pain and reconstruction fire off at the beginning of the animation, rather then towards the end. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 0th Power said:

Time to post again...

how to fix regen

1. Give more -regen resist

2. Either lower recharge a bit or increase duration of instant healing or moment of glory 

3. give stalkers some +recovery in combination with fast healing

4. allow Rez to be used while alive (like sentinels)

5. Have the heals in dull pain and reconstruction fire off at the beginning of the animation, rather then towards the end. 

I don’t think that’s enough. There needs to be additional Always On mitigation. That’s why I added the Absorption. I like your ideas though.

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

How about allowing us to actually enhance the healing of Intergration?  Also, why add an absorbtion to Reconstruction, when you could just add it to Integration?

Perhaps so. My thought was that putting it in Reconstruction helps at the low levels. But hey...

PNLD.jpg

• Haha 1

And to TL/DR what I've said in the past, I think regen could use better version of dull pain, more regen in powers, some absorb (preferably constantly ticking/stacking in a passive or toggle) to better handle alpha strikes, more -regen resist, sentinel version of rez, and -recharge resist so can keep clicking those heals.

Personal wishlist for Regen:

- 0.83s animation on MoG. 20s duration (+5s)

- turn Revive into Second Wind (Sentinel, a rez you can also use as a heal). make Second Wind work similar to the Preventive Medicine proc. The lower your health goes, the higher chance Second Wind activates on its own, up to 100% when you're really low on health. Also call it Second Chance because "wind" tends to mean endurance in this game, so this gets confusing

- double Quick Recovery's buff. Once upon a time this was the elite recovery power that made Regen go forever when others had to pause. Now there's so many other powersets with QR clones or even better versions (bio gets a passive with as much recovery, AND regen, AND +HP). An outright x2 may seem outlandish but I think Regen ought to be, again, THAT particular powerset that takes care of both your blue and green bars.

- for that matter, go x2 on Fast Healing and Integration as well. This is the age of Rebirth +regen, bio armor, rad armor... Regen NEEDS to be on top on that front, by a margin.

- rework Instant Healing similar to what ThunderSpy did. A click heal with instant recharge you can use again and again at a high end cost. I've never played on TSpy but I love the idea...

9 hours ago, nihilii said:

- rework Instant Healing similar to what ThunderSpy did. A click heal with instant recharge you can use again and again at a high end cost. I've never played on TSpy but I love the idea...

I like ideas along this line much better than either "instant healing as a toggle" or "absorb everywhere" proposals.

It's closed now, but last month this was a topic for the Weekly Discussion if anyone wants to go back through those suggestions.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I don't care for the idea of giving Regen, Recharge Resistance.  That seems like the weakness, that can easily be plugged and I'm not sure it goes with the theme of the set.

I do like the idea of QR being doubled, as yeah, Regen is no longer that set that keeps on going, compared to others.

I do feel Resilience should be give +3 Defense All (just as Regen makes you a bit more resistant to paid, it should make you a bit more limber) and it's Resists made to all (this includes Psychic).

MoG should also be given Psychic Resist and Defense to All and increase that duration maybe to that 20 seconds mention maybe up to 30.  But 15 seconds, goes by quick!

Integration should be able to be enhanced.  It's at 50% Regen.  Why can't this be enhanced?  If anything, it should also be increased.

I'm not keen on adding absorbtion myself, but I know others are.

And I still would like for either Resilience to get an increase in Toxic/Cold Resist or Reconstruction to get an increase in Toxic Resist.  But that's theme for me.  Regen should really laugh at Toxic damage in my mind 😛

• Like 1

I'll have to be honest, the resist end drain and slow resist, seems to be more about "Resist every negative"   Double up on QR instead of putting end drain protection.  Yes, sappers suck.  Some enemies should be problems we go after first. 🙂

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BrandX said:

I'll have to be honest, the resist end drain and slow resist, seems to be more about "Resist every negative"   Double up on QR instead of putting end drain protection.  Yes, sappers suck.  Some enemies should be problems we go after first. 🙂

For me anyway, it's not resist all the negatives, it's let regen stay good at what it's good at and not have it's defenses shut down entirely by debuffs.

I can accept not having end drain protection (though to my previous point, might argue for -recovery protection) but clicks are a big part of regen's defense and inexhaustible opened the door somewhat for "heal/recover good makes you resistant to slows" so I'd say it fits. If there were a way to make debuffs last a shorter duration rather than lower magnitude I might try to argue them recovering faster from to-hit and defense debuffs, but for now I'd say there's no reason for protection for either of those holes.

43 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Sets should have weaknesses sure, but this is an especially crippling one for a set so reliant on skills with cooldowns. It'd be like an armor set being weak to Lethal Damage with how many random mobs do pack -Rech in the game

For regens struggling with sappers, might I suggest...

Quick Recovery

Moment of Glory

Conserve Power

Physical Perfection

Stamina

Health

Unleash Potential

Unrelenting

Aid Self

Panacea

Performance Shifter

Numina's Convalescence

Miracle

Cardiac

Vigor

Ageless

Increased Recovery Base Buff

Endurance Drain Resistance Base Buff

Catch a Breath
Take a Breather
Second Wind
Back in the Fight

Geas of the Kind Ones

Recovery Serum

Survival Amplifier

Edited by America's Angel

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

29 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Sets should have weaknesses sure, but this is an especially crippling one for a set so reliant on skills with cooldowns. It'd be like an armor set being weak to Lethal Damage with how many random mobs do pack -Rech in the game

Still seems easy enough to overcome with sets that give -RCH resist.  However, that still leaves the -Energy Drain Resist trying to be plugged.  Could throw in Fear resist, because Regen's are fearless 🙂

4 minutes ago, Dragon Crush said:

Yeah, you can plug -resist with winter set frankenslotting, but IOs shouldn't be needed to make a set functional.

I'd say it's functional without the IO slotting, but everyone wants to take away all the weaknesses with IOs.  That's what people generally build for.

4 minutes ago, BrandX said:

I'd say it's functional without the IO slotting, but everyone wants to take away all the weaknesses with IOs.  That's what people generally build for.

Then I'd say we have differing definitions of "take away all the weaknesses". I'm not seeing anyone saying give it a ton of innate defense, give it resist to -def to prevent cascading failure of whatever you scrape together from sets and pools, or perma-MoG or anything else that is without weaknesses.

The main things people seem to be asking for are the ability to survive alphas more often than not, and use the rest of the tools in set to have a chance of staying upright through the rest of the fight. I feel those should be things regen should be able to do regardless of primary, but if you scrapper lock and don't hit your heals while fighting something other than +1/3 council then you'll have a bad time.

I think it'd probably be useful for people in this thread who are making suggestions to preface their suggestions with something like:

This is what I perceive the problems of Regen to be (for example: ability to survive alpha, overall power, click-heaviness, particular holes)

Here's my vision for the set (for example:  "an overall high-end mitigation set without click-heaviness with weaknesses to -recharge and alpha strike but no weaknesses to -heal/-regen").

A bonus would be, "here's what I perceive a the niche of regen being as compared to willpower and maybe bio."

• Like 3

My post from the regen thread. I think Regeneration should be about seeing your health bar go up and down, which is why I feel it needs stacking resistances and regeneration as it gets lower in health to create the illusion of being hurt and being in danger. Why do I say the illusion? Because I think Regeneration, at least in its current incarnation, should be one of the toughest sets available. It brings exactly zero offence to the table and should be comparable in toughness to Invulnerability and Willpower.

Having played one to 50, it has basically no debuff resistances and no defence, which is a recipe for disaster. My Fiery Aura brute is significantly tougher than my Regen brute.

Edited by summers