I worry about the mental health of Paragons civilian population

Ejlertson

[NPC] Lasandra: My imaginary friend dispersed a Praetorian base on Peregrine Island!
[NPC] Santiago: My imaginary friend knows the importance of protecting Peregrine Island.
[NPC] Basil: I heard My imaginary friend took on a whole camp of ninjas!
[NPC] Mark: My imaginary friend took on that evil Praetorian, Diabolique!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

Or, in a counterpoint to the suggestion elsewhere that the civilians of Paragon City are the adults, and we're all just children running around playing superheroes,  proof that some civilians have a loose grasp on maturity:

[NPC] Harold: You almost stole my soul! I'm telling!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I refer you to the journal of two hapless Paragon City citizens and their travails in a world of villains and bumbling heroes.

City of Zeroes, link below.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

I refer you to the journal of two hapless Paragon City citizens and their travails in a world of villains and bumbling heroes.

City of Zeroes, link below.

I remeber either that or something very similair back from Life. Hilarious

I was in a farm last night getting PL'd on a new Sentinel (wish me luck, hard turn from Bruting) got 1-41 in a couple hours.  while I'm sitting there bored out of my skull I comment to one of the other door sitters. "This is what the average Paragon City citizen deals with everyday.  Standing around watching mobs chase super and battling it out on the streets."  Maybe Shalice can set up some sort of mental health support system for Paragon?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

[NPC] Lasandra: My imaginary friend dispersed a Praetorian base on Peregrine Island!
[NPC] Santiago: My imaginary friend knows the importance of protecting Peregrine Island.
[NPC] Basil: I heard My imaginary friend took on a whole camp of ninjas!
[NPC] Mark: My imaginary friend took on that evil Praetorian, Diabolique!

I wouldn't worry about them.  Ever notice one of our powerful superheroes get simply pushed aside by a citizen who is simply walking?

• Haha 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Or, in a counterpoint to the suggestion elsewhere that the civilians of Paragon City are the adults, and we're all just children running around playing superheroes,  proof that some civilians have a loose grasp on maturity:

I dunno about that. On one office mission full of android civilians, they keep talking about the new TPS reports...

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

On 12/20/2020 at 8:13 AM, srmalloy said:

Sounds like a plot for a movie or tv show.  The reveal is held off until the end.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

And now I have a hero named My Imaginary Friend.  This forum just keeps on giving and giving.

Happy to inspire you.

Mine is a Stalker, what did you choose?

For added fun. My P2W pet is a small fairy renamed to: Dirty mind of

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ejlertson said:

Happy to inspire you.

Mine is a Stalker, what did you choose?

For added fun. My P2W pet is a small fairy renamed to: Dirty mind of

This:

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

My Imaginary Friend

Radiation / Radiation Scrapper

3D3uxT5.jpegPkBvGBQ.jpeg

IMrpxwR.jpg918gE50.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, Doomguide2005 said:

😁  and here I was thinking "Imaginary friend" was a heroes name.  Illusion or Mind?

This.

Of course now there are a couple.

But when I read the OP I instantly thought of Local Man from back in the Before Times.  Not someone that I knew, just a name from the forums that I'll always remember for basically winning the Word-Play-In-Toon-Names Championship.

Anyone seen them around HC?

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I have not.  I remember them as well.  I always get an extra smile recalling how our family always joked about a radio station we heard while driving on vacation one year --> "a local man was found shot in the woods"  and how we always wondered about what part of their anatomy was 'the woods'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I always wonder about the sanity of citizens who continue to reside in Paragon City who aren't secretly super-heroes.

I mean, stick around for the chance to be bitten by a radioactive super-hero, trained by an Antique One, finding a Mallet of Destiny, or building your own suit of titanium armor, but at some point, you have to realize that won't be happening, and the smart thing to do is get the heck out of Dodge!

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 2 months later
On 12/23/2020 at 6:32 AM, Doomguide2005 said:

I have not.  I remember them as well.  I always get an extra smile recalling how our family always joked about a radio station we heard while driving on vacation one year --> "a local man was found shot in the woods"  and how we always wondered about what part of their anatomy was 'the woods'?

"You say your wife had an accident in the woods?" "No, I said that she was injured in the lumbar region!"

• Haha 1

I remember Local Man fondly.  His guides can still be found online.

There's a tradition of naming characters with an eye to NPC or enemy chatter.  I've seen things like "My worst enemy!  A tiny kitten!" and it never gets old.  🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sailboat said:

There's a tradition of naming characters with an eye to NPC or enemy chatter.  I've seen things like "My worst enemy!  A tiny kitten!" and it never gets old.  🙂

I shall have to consider this with CoH.  My friends and I already do this at our occasional Halo game nights.  Not owning an Xbox with which to practice, I am the least dangerous among them, and jokingly go by the name "Gandhi".  Another uses the handle "A Small Child".  The game obliges us with statements like "A Small Child killed Gandhi", or occasionally "Gandhi killed A Small Child".

• Like 1