Make ignore vanish someone from your sight

I'm glad there's an ignore function. Its nice. 

I am not glad that I can see "you have ignored this person's post" repeatedly in a thread. 

Is it possible to just remove that? Remove any notification that someone you have ignored has posted at all beyond other people quoting them? 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TheSpiritFox said:

I am not glad that I can see "you have ignored this person's post" repeatedly in a thread. 

Is it possible to just remove that? Remove any notification that someone you have ignored has posted at all beyond other people quoting them? 

How do you ignore someone? You know who I'm talking about.

And yes I agree if I ignore someone there's a reason I'm ignoring them and I don't want to know they exist much less reply.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Given they're mentioning notifications that someone's posted, I'd assume it's on the forum. In game, you don't see anything from someone on ignore. (Obviously you see their character, attacks, etc. but anyone having a conversation with them looks very one sided.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I only ever used ignore for the influence sellers back in the day. 

Anything else, be it forums on chats, I'm too firmly fixed on the "disagree with what you say, defend to the death your right to say it".

Though I've certainly seen a fair share of folks who I've decided are far too obnoxious to ever consider teaming with for anything.

• Like 5

• Retired Game Master

Shifted over to Website Suggestions & Feedback. Thanks for the heads up!

While I'm here, as a precaution, be sure to keep discussion to the suggestion. No need to air dirty laundry towards individuals, even implicitly.

❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheSpiritFox said:

To take it a step further, I had a stalker on these forums a good while back, this individual followed me around on almost every post I made to bash and bash and bash. I put them on ignore, but it didn't stop them from following me around and bashing my threads or posts. Me not responding to them didn't change a thing. So putting them on ignore did not fix the problem because it did not stop this person from not only bashing my posts, but also making attempts to slander. I would love to see this go even further by not only do I not even see they exist at all, but I would also like it to work where they can no longer know I exist either.

If they see me post, it will simply say, "Sorry, you cannot see this post, this person has you on ignore." or better yet, them not see anything at all. As far as they are concerned, I simply stopped making posts or threads and that's the end of it. If I ignore somebody, not only do I not want to see what they have to say to me or about me, I don't want them even seeing me.

16 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

To take it a step further, I had a stalker on these forums a good while back, this individual followed me around on almost every post I made to bash and bash and bash. I put them on ignore, but it didn't stop them from following me around and bashing my threads or posts. Me not responding to them didn't change a thing. So putting them on ignore did not fix the problem because it did not stop this person from not only bashing my posts, but also making attempts to slander. I would love to see this go even further by not only do I not even see they exist at all, but I would also like it to work where they can no longer know I exist either.

If they see me post, it will simply say, "Sorry, you cannot see this post, this person has you on ignore." or better yet, them not see anything at all. As far as they are concerned, I simply stopped making posts or threads and that's the end of it. If I ignore somebody, not only do I not want to see what they have to say to me or about me, I don't want them even seeing me.

I have participated in a few forums that are like this, if you block someone they can no longer see your posts, and I 100% agree it would be an improvement if it is necessary. So far I only have two people on my forums ignore list, but both of them are people who I do not want seeing my posts, interacting with them or me, or otherwise even able to see I exist. Right now I have to settle for just not reading their stuff when it pops up, but they can still see and respond to all of mine and quote me and such, and this does enable harassment if someone wants because they can spam your posts and follow your comments and basically everyone else can see what they're saying, and you know that they are saying something. 

I would love to be able to make someone not able to see MY comments any more than I can see theirs so that they have no opportunity to interact with me at all. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TheSpiritFox said:

I have participated in a few forums that are like this, if you block someone they can no longer see your posts, and I 100% agree it would be an improvement if it is necessary. So far I only have two people on my forums ignore list, but both of them are people who I do not want seeing my posts, interacting with them or me, or otherwise even able to see I exist. Right now I have to settle for just not reading their stuff when it pops up, but they can still see and respond to all of mine and quote me and such, and this does enable harassment if someone wants because they can spam your posts and follow your comments and basically everyone else can see what they're saying, and you know that they are saying something. 

I would love to be able to make someone not able to see MY comments any more than I can see theirs so that they have no opportunity to interact with me at all. 

And same for the reverse, if somebody dislikes me that much that they place me on ignore, I don't want to interact with that person anymore...I would rather leave them be than not know they have me on ignore and continue to post on their threads/posts. That way we both avoid each other and no hard feelings.

19 hours ago, Solarverse said:

And same for the reverse, if somebody dislikes me that much that they place me on ignore, I don't want to interact with that person anymore...I would rather leave them be than not know they have me on ignore and continue to post on their threads/posts. That way we both avoid each other and no hard feelings.

I'd be good with that. Only have 2 on ignore here on the forums. Would be glad to see as little of their existence as possible.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bug You 2 said:

I agree, or let me rename them to what I want when I view the Forums. Like Mr. Lack of Empathy or The Vulture! (Unrelated to any Marvel villain)

Yeah that’s definitely not a good faith, mature, or empathetic way to turn this otherwise reasonable discussion.

2 hours ago, arcane said:

Yeah that’s definitely not a good faith, mature, or empathetic way to turn this otherwise reasonable discussion.

By adding notes to the forum like there is in the game? The only one calling anyone out here is you.

4 minutes ago, Bug You 2 said:

By adding notes to the forum like there is in the game? The only one calling anyone out here is you.

Your initial message sounded super judgy when I first read it and pissed me off. I apologize to the extent my response was chiding, etc. 

Notes vs actually manipulating the character’s name are different though. I guess if you want to add some notes feature here there’s reasonable precedent for that.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, arcane said:

Your initial message sounded super judgy when I first read it and pissed me off. I apologize to the extent my response was chiding, etc. 

Notes vs actually manipulating the character’s name are different though. I guess if you want to add some notes feature here there’s reasonable precedent for that.

Apology accepted, and i am sorry my post came off grating, i picked flashy names because i thought it would highlight why i suggested it. I am not in actual favor of changing peoples names, so to me i seemed similar to the notes system, since only you could see it.

Anyway please ignore my suggestion and focus on the OPs, as you say its more reasonable.