How much cash inf do you have on your account?

How much cash inf do you have on your account?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Well, how much?

• Under 10mm -- I'll send you an ingame email right away!
    • 10mm to 100mm
    • 100mm to 1bn
    • 1bn to 10bn
    • 10bn to 100bn
    • Over 100bn -- I'm swimming in it!

36 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Why does no one post screenshots! (except those that have, thank you! 😁)

Here's my character list, since their builds are where pretty much all of the INF I've earned ends up. 

Dancing with Death Mages, or, a Coyote's Inevitable Case of Altitis - Roleplaying - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

No. You're not getting their build details. I don't use MIDS. 🤣

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

45 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Well, I could repost one that I took to prove the number of merits you could hold is not 9999 and is, in fact, an even 10,000.

This would support my statement about having close to 30,000 merits since I have a third of that just on one character.  🙂

1871880616_Over9000.jpg.28bb62fa867374babfeb9a0a9736d6b6.jpg

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

14 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I hadn't given it any thought...  hmmm...  ok,

1)  I guess because I come from a time when a person's word meant something and lying (or exaggeration) wasn't quite as prevalent as it is today.  I'll provide 'proof' of something when it's needed.  Like when I get pulled over or I'm applying for a passport.  Otherwise, I just expect folks to take me at my word.  😃

2)  I'm usually too busy or too lazy to bother.  I was only able to post an accurate reply because literally two weeks ago I had embarked on a task to gather up inf.  Heck I'm almost too lazy to bother with this reply.  😁

3)  Out of courtesy to you and your request, I nearly logged into one of my mains to screenshot his inf, then decided it feels like bragging.  That's okay if that's your thing, it just isn't mine.  In fact, I'm actually a bit embarrassed because I only posted a reply to this thread because the timing was coincidental with my own inf gathering quest.  

Sometimes it's exhausting being so humble.  I'm probably the most humble person I know!  😇

And just in case y'all don't realize it my above post is being playful.  Like the OP said "brag away" to those who are and those who are posting proof.  DANG that's alot of merits! lol 

Edited by KauaiJim
sometimes there's really no reason... things just happen..
  • Haha 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

8 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I find it interesting that the (admittedly self selective) distribution is roughly log normal.  I extrapolate that there is a lot more pure inf out there than I thought or would have hoped.

I really wouldn't read too much into what is posted in here, I certainly wouldn't extraploate anything from it. Regular forum users are rarely representative of the wider gaming population. I would fully expect we have orders of magnitude more, both in inf and sorage items, than the vast majority of typical players, from shared knowledge about the most efficient ways of obtaining both if nothing else.

Edited by CaptainLupis
  • Like 2

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

16 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

See I am much more the type of player who invests influence into holdings instead of liquid funds. Much as like in life, physical properties hold more intrinsic value, and many of my characters I’ve been able to build with little Inf investment by capitalizing on drops and conversion. The gross worth of all my “holdings” is rather ridiculous compared to what I’ve actually “earned” traditionally.

Interesting.  I haven't been actually trying to earn or save or spend inf at all really.  I've been going quite hog wild making dream character after dream character and having access to so much more than I ever did before in CoX.  The inf and the enhancements and salvage and merits, etc. are all just byproducts of my mad frenzy of fun building my ultimate complete stable of characters.. and then starting to come out of my fugue a bit and realize "Holy Snap!  How much have I spent?"  lol

I am getting to the point of 'settling down' a bit and yes, your playstyle is becoming more appealing.  I have a friend who played WoW like that.  He was a master at it.  I was impressed.

I just need to complete my army err, stable first <breaks into maniacal laughter while wringing hands> 

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

On 4/8/2021 at 5:43 PM, TemporalVileTerror said:

This curve is looking decidedly bell-shaped.

That is one way to look at it. 🙂

Another is that the bottom two have more than all the others combined. (Possibly >2.4T over 25 players vs the rest)

Some are likely way under reporting and would require Pricewaterhouse Coopers to total everything up..

Glimpse of ways to stash

image.png.7acb7037b155eca10d87dae679c3fe9e.pngimage.png.3e4e93838c3c0d20243f9b8855e0cb80.pngimage.png.8bc12805321502beba6aa591e3c2089d.png image.thumb.png.c5160fb6be74681f7c3294391afff4fc.png

Edited by Troo
  • Sad 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I spend it on other players and feel a sense of helping with the crafting..

also lets me do stuff like:

they don't even know the prizes and are having fun. The prizes will surprise some.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

• 3 weeks later

About once a week, I tally up my character's Influence wealth which includes cash on hand, stored in various ways, tied up in market sales and bids, and in inventory of things I intend to sell or use in crafting things to sell. What I don't keep track of is the value of slotted enhancements.

Today, I'm musing in my head over how one would easily estimate the value of enhancements sunk into a build, without laboriously looking up the fluctuating market values of each item.

There's a certain fungibility of enhancements via the converter process; so one could estimate a rough value by rarity, or by category. So, if one knew how many SO's, Common IO's, Uncommon IO's, Rare IO's, PvP IO's, Regular and Superior ATO's, Purple IO's, and Hami-O's in a build, one could estimate a value. Maybe one would call out a few specific uniques, as well, like LoTG's, Miracles, Steadfasts, etc, whose value might be a bit over the average for their rarity or category.

That value would be estimated using Mark-to-Market, less extraction cost.

So imagine one were about to delete a character, and wanted to sell off everything first. You'd have to unslot all the IO's at the cost of one unslotter each, and the list them for sale (at a price they would sell at reasonably soon), pay the 10% market fee, and send the money off before deleting. Of course, you'd liquidate everything else first, too; salvage, enhancement in tray, recipes, outstanding auction bids, etc. 

If the intent was to get the best value for the things sold, one might do some conversions on them before listing, too. 

If I were to do that for one of my builds, I might come up with this:

SO's - 0

Commons - 8

Uncommons - 21

Rare - 20

PvP - 5

Purple: - 24

SATO - 12

I looked pretty quickly, and at just one build, so I may have mixed up some uncommons and rares, but this is illustrative.

That's 90 items, and a WAG for value by category might be: SO-'s: not worth extracting to sell; Commons: 200,000, Uncommons: 1,000,000, Rares: 3,000,000, PvP: 10,000,000, Purple: 15,000,000, and SATO's 12,000,000 each. I plucked these numbers arbitrarily out of thin air, so don't take them to the bank.

That would yield a liquidation value of 0.9*(8*200,000+21*1,000,000+20*3,000,000+5*10,000,000+24*15,000,000+12*12,000,000)-90*100,000=518,940,000.

Maybe reserve a few million for converters to swap the poor sellers in each category into slightly better sellers.

That would leave about a half billion, which I feel is not unusual for the value of a decent end-game IO-sets build.

So a person with no- or very little Influence on hand, but who has a number of fully kitted out end game builds, has a lot of wealth, even if it's not liquid.

Also, it can cost a lot less to make a build than one would get from liquidating and selling it in the long run. The combination of buying smartly, and building up from recipe drops and conversions can save a lot of inf (except in the sense of opportunity cost, if the drops and conversions used to make a enhancement could have been sold for more than that enhancement was worth.)

• Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 9:27 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

The lesson I'm learning is that even if only the 125 wealthiest-in-terms-of-inf players responded to this survey, there is way too much inf in the system, and nothing to spend it on.

I disagree. There is a whole mountain of people in several of these categories who have enough inf to slot 1 char fully, or a bunch of chars in a very frankenstein way. For those, the costs of the market, the availability, and the function of the market are doing their job nicely.

• Like 1

I'm wealthy enough that when I play, I am constantly on all three amplifiers (7.5 Million Inf per hour) and using Ultimate Inspirations like they were going out of style. (~10 Million Inf per hour; either at 50% uptime, or buying them with low bids).

If I play 4 hours a day on weekdays and 8 hours each day on weekends, that's a total of 36 hours per week (I don't actually play this much). 36 x 17.5 = 630 Million per week. I can easily earn more than that per week. Several times more, easily.

I don't make a lot of alts, and would like to see more things to spend on. Or more giving Inf away. 😃

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 11:19 PM, Troo said:

That is one way to look at it. 🙂

Another is that the bottom two have more than all the others combined. (Possibly >2.4T over 25 players vs the rest)

Some are likely way under reporting and would require Pricewaterhouse Coopers to total everything up..

Glimpse of ways to stash

image.png.7acb7037b155eca10d87dae679c3fe9e.pngimage.png.3e4e93838c3c0d20243f9b8855e0cb80.pngimage.png.8bc12805321502beba6aa591e3c2089d.png image.thumb.png.c5160fb6be74681f7c3294391afff4fc.png

I feel so inadequate.

7 minutes ago, arcane said:

I feel so inadequate.

You probably save a bunch of time not crafting and market pvping. So there's that!

When devs break my builds this is where I have found solace.

• Like 2

Influence on hand, about 500 million spread around 68 chars, 65 of which are 50, but 28 still need to be equipped with at least generic 50 IOs. (~10m per on average)

I tend to let my 50s do their own set equipment which passes to the 50s on down the line.  One of my chars is the designated builder since they can craft cheaper.  I know I can make more inf by working at it, but it's not a priority.  I have enough to get most of what I need for whichever char is being played the most and there tends to be a respec involved if I'm going to try to tweak them.

I know I play more than some of the people reporting higher incomes, but I'm happy with where I'm at.

Edited by lemming
Add info
  • Like 1

Just now, Troo said:

You probably save a bunch of time not crafting and market pvping. So there's that!

When devs break my builds this is where I have found solace.

I make a reasonable amount from constant farming, but my problem is more that I always have something to spend it on. I can make two purply 50’s a week pretty easily, but I never save a nickel.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Andreah said:

About once a week, I tally up my character's Influence wealth which includes cash on hand . . .

I used to do that, but as I kept on adding characters, each with their own nest egg, it became too much of a chore and stopped counting.  I think I had around 15 billion or so when I last counted.  I'd guess that I'm somewhere in between 15-30 billion now.

I don't consider myself a hardcore farmer or marketer, but I certainly do engage in both.  I craft my drops when I also have the right salvage drop then convert those to something worth selling at 1.5 million or more.  I also put in lowball bids on attuned IOs and low level recipes on some of my older 50s.  By the time I go back to play them they've bought a bunch of stuff that I convert and put back in the market.  They've also sold much of their last basket of goodies so I collect 10 - 100 million at that time.

Edit - PS I decided to log them in and get the anniversary badge and tally their holdings: 29.668 billion.  I had a good guess!

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Like 2