How much cash inf do you have on your account?

How much cash inf do you have on your account?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Well, how much?

• Under 10mm -- I'll send you an ingame email right away!
    • 10mm to 100mm
    • 100mm to 1bn
    • 1bn to 10bn
    • 10bn to 100bn
    • Over 100bn -- I'm swimming in it!

I'm curious as to what the approximate amount of aggregate inf is in Homecoming, and maybe this poll will add some insight.  I expect it's a lot.  I'm asking on General rather than the Markets forum to get a hopefully wider selection.

I'm not asking about your net worth or the value of the items in storage or on your character -- I'm asking about straight cash, homey.  And I'm asking account wide, not how much is on any one of your characters.

I ask because 1. it's interesting that inflation does not currently seem to be a major factor and 2. maybe this would give the devs some incentive to think about putting in some large scale influence sinks.  

I'm not intending this as a bragging thread, but if you want to, brag away Scrooge McDuck!

Also, as a reminder, I'm still giving away 20mm inf to anyone who asks -- see my signature for the link to that thread.

Happy hunting!

• Thanks 2

Who run Bartertown?

Agreed this will be interesting. Personally I have enough and could have a lot more but just lost interest in that part of it. I have more than I need already so stopped marketeering and rarely farm any more. When I do farm it is more something to do to relax and unplug.   

• Like 1

I don't have any cash but to have mountains of infamy stashed.

image.png.0727617083dc4c72f3a6d59213a2d08b.png

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Since I run 95% of the time with 2XP enabled, I have 1 influence farmer on 3 servers. They feed all the other alts.  I have never actually calculated my total influence, but I know I have enough that I only farm when the farmer has built up enough patrol XP to get the bonus. Then I park it until it builds up again. With 3 farmers, I always have one to go to. I am proud that they are all different to keep it from being too monotonous. 3 farming tanks: One Fire/Savage; one Ice/Stone; and one Rad/WM.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I'd kind of like the developers to do statistics on this, similar to how they did the stats on players, archetypes, and levels.

( Reference:

Do another scrub and determine:

• Distribution of amounts of cash on characters
  • Distribution of amounts of cash on accounts
  • Joint distribution of amounts of cash on accounts vs total-play time of characters, in a few bands
  • Joint distribution of amounts of cash on accounts vs most recent login-time; e.g., has logged in today, logged in within last week, logged in more than a week ago, more than a month, more than a year ago.

Also, look at the amount of inf sitting in emails which are addressed to each account by global (instantly claimable inf)

And the inf value of outstanding market asks (bids to buy), which could be instantly cancelled for inf.

This would cover most of the truly liquid wealth.

Not including the value of sell offers on the market, or value of assets slotted or in hand.  They have value, but it is not as liquid since it would depend on market conditions, which would change were one to try to liquidate at once.

• Like 2

My main has 1.9 billion inf, plus about 800 million (as of last night) in unclaimed auction sales. Then I've probably got close to another billion between the rest of my characters or in emails.

Edited by Placta

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

I've got... About 150m scattered on various characters, at a guess, plus another 250m stashed in email. 

That's a fair bit less than I typically keep around, but I've really been slacking on my farm runs lately, I just finished equipping a pretty wallet-busting Brute (Looking at you, Caliph. <_<) *and* I have a couple of newbie players (One of them a full-on budding alt-o-holic! 😝) that I've been financing. 

So... Expenses. I has them.  

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I must have the worst business sense. Every time I get near 1 billion, I blow half of it on stuff like Heroes & Villains Super Packs.

Which are usually worth it, but I keep the loot rather than selling it on. (One of my plethora of alts can always use it!)

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

One account has something like 600 mill plus a lot of stuff in the tables, plus two or three fully decked out characters. The other account has something like 100 mill atm, plus three or four decked characters I don't even play, plus what's in the bins.

I basically strip characters when I stop playing them until I realize I'm close to a billion inf, then I stop bothering with doing so and leave them decked out while making new alts until my money runs out, then I start stripping and re-utilizing the IOs again.

Since I don't make use of inf sinks it just accumulates but is turned into capital instead of liquid assets.

Haven't got a clue.  I know I have roughly 50 million on the character I'm levelling right now, but beyond that, I haven't been keeping track.  The low market prices and ease of acquiring inf* have alleviated any pressure to collect it.  If I need it, it's a few converter rolls away, so I don't pay attention to it.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

I'd kind of like the developers to do statistics on this, similar to how they did the stats on players, archetypes, and levels.

( Reference:

Do another scrub and determine:

• Distribution of amounts of cash on characters
  • Distribution of amounts of cash on accounts
  • Joint distribution of amounts of cash on accounts vs total-play time of characters, in a few bands
  • Joint distribution of amounts of cash on accounts vs most recent login-time; e.g., has logged in today, logged in within last week, logged in more than a week ago, more than a month, more than a year ago.

Also, look at the amount of inf sitting in emails which are addressed to each account by global (instantly claimable inf)

And the inf value of outstanding market asks (bids to buy), which could be instantly cancelled for inf.

This would cover most of the truly liquid wealth.

Not including the value of sell offers on the market, or value of assets slotted or in hand.  They have value, but it is not as liquid since it would depend on market conditions, which would change were one to try to liquidate at once.

I'm going to say the easy part of this would be to loop through every character and aggregate the inf holdings.

I think it would be much harder to check how much is stored in emails, and it would be much much harder to suss out the aggregate tied up in bids on the AH.

Who run Bartertown?

1 minute ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I think it would be much harder to check how much is stored in emails, and it would be much much harder to suss out the aggregate tied up in bids on the AH.

True, but it's where the high end tail of the distribution would be discovered.

I had 400million.  When I turn off XP on my characters and have their SO's purchased, I email all of the rest of their influence to myself.  So I have an email with basically all of my influence.

It was at 400 million but I've been buying ATT, TT, and mission teleport on my characters so I am down to about 200 million.

Cash on hand: usually around 100-200M.  When I want more, I break out the Spines/Fire Brute farmer for a few hours.  I don't think I've ever had more than 500M at any one time.  When I have that much, it's usually just to buy a complete build of IO sets for an alt.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I have about 2b influence.  I usually fluctuate between 1-2b. If I don’t have a lot of alts planned, then the influence accumulates. Then I end up power leveling 5-7 alts into their mid 30s so that gets my farmer some cash. I also usually convert 100-200 enhancements around this time to earn a buffer. I also have a base with lots of purples/ATOs/winters/procs so I don’t have to buy everything. By the time I’m done with that batch of alts I’ll be closer to 1b. 

I like to keep 1b on hand in case I’m feeling particularly lazy and don’t feel like marketing. I haven’t actually logged into my marketer for probably 2 months even though he has a tray full of enhancements to convert. Just haven’t felt like it. I’ll probably start doing it again once my base runs dry. 

Edited by Saikochoro

Nice try, IRS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

UK or US billion?

I'm assuming US as the UK adopted the US version in 1974, but worth checking 😉

Edited by Lunchmoney

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

I took 15 minutes to cipher my characters.

25 character slots

2 only created as name savers, so 23 that earn influence.

171 million total liquid influence, none in email at the moment.

Of the 23 alts, the "richest" has 33mm, and the "poorest" has 7K

So I was correct on my ballot guesstimate, between 100mm and 1 bn.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty