Awkward Typo Moment

So, just now I almost sent a message talking about "the best kinds of heroes" in response to someone talking about a mission they were doing.

Thing is . . . I hit the P key instead of the O key.

Now, I don't think I've ever made that particular typo before, but it made me wonder . . . it's gotta be at least marginally common, right?

I mean, I constantly typo "Pride" as "Prude"

How about the rest of you folks?  Any particularly embaressing, amsuing, or slily typos happen to you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

an incredibly good bad movie.  kudos to the actors for powering through and delivering with no script and no Spfx

There are credible reports that it was made to be a serious movie and came out so bad all they could do was recut it for humor.

Much like Galaxy Quest was originally meant to be an R-rated adult-oriented film, and then the studio desperately needed a kid flick for Xmas...

• Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

My best one wasn't so much a typo as be aware of what you key you bind to what key.

Newbie player just starting to key bind my scrapper realized two things.  Autorun was inconveniently placed and I wanted to rebind the 'r' to something more useful.  So moved auto run to 'p' well away from my movement keys and rebound 'r' to target nearest.

Short time later the team is fighting Pumicites in the Hollows and predictably having a rough go of it.  And I typed in chat: "maybe we should trying p(ulling)" ... and off I went like a bullet towards the mob in question!

Oops

Edited by Doomguide2005

I heard a story from an old job of mine.  A gut sent out an email about his laptop docking station not working.  Unfortunately, he made 2 mistakes:

1) He misspelled Docking by replacing the 'o' with an 'i'

2) He sent the email company wide.

He quit 2 days later.

Edited by Rishidian
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Thing is . . . I hit the P key instead of the O key.

Think about the other games that can be 'improved' the same way, like "Herpes of Might and Magic", "Company of Herpes", "Herpes of the Storm", "Herpes Chronicles", and others...

When someone levels (particularly an attractive female toon) and I typo leaving out the d in "Good on ya!"

Fortunately, so far they have seen the humor and guessed my innocent intent... Still embarassing!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Oh no, the memory burns!

An unnamed government agency I worked for once sent out a touching obituary for one of its senior leaders who had died suddenly.  Normally I proofread everything they released because I'm a cranky old grammarian.  But THIS ONE TIME, two senior people who were usually reliable had already proofed it, and there was a publication deadline....

And so it came to pass that we solemnly appreciated his many years of pubic service.

I 'bout died, myself.

• Haha 1