Show me your UI!

kubwulf

Having rediscovered COH after years of playing WoW, I fear I am spoiled by the vast amount of addons WoW offered and the customization that came with them.  I am having trouble tracking all the things I want to track because I am used to everything being closer to center.  I had health and mana bars on either side of my character in WoW, and power trays below my character's feet that allowed me to see most everything I needed to.  

Yeah, I know, what N00B is bitching about moving his eyes a couple inches to look up in the corner, right?  And this is a valid response.  My rebuttal is that I've grown used to a certain way of playing MMOs and I wonder if COH has options I haven't found yet.  I know I can drag things around the screen, and mess with sizing, but is there more I can do?

If you are using a modified UI, post a screenshot if you would be so kind.  If you use an addon, some advice on how to install them (I'm used to Overwolf/CurseForge).  Cheers!

I never played WOW, but I'm so glad you have joined us here at HC!  Welcome!  There are endless ways to personalized your UI, so you should be able to create something that is most comfortable and familiar to you.  As everyone is posting, you can move anything anywhere.  You can also resize individual windows using /windowscale [insp/tray/pets/whatever].  For example, I have my inspirations and powers at the smallest possible size because I know what they are but chat at a slightly larger size because I need to be able to actually read the text (not necessary for insp or powers which are easily identifiable or just muscle memory).

Also, you can track things like hit points, recovery, damage, debuffs, and etc. by right clicking on the item in your Powers selection and setting it to your interface.  This tracker can be placed anywhere you like.

There are a lot of ways to add to add trays, commands, maps, whatever, so check out the Guides section on these functions.

Gosh, I feel so... naked...

254129834_Batcave2021.thumb.jpg.a6ac28963571e1476322dd2084bc7892.jpg

The Contact and Mish windows are not usually up, and the Team windows only up for, duh, teaming. Map in the upper left allows easy big-zoom and return without moving it around. Dig the crazy bent power tray.

Everything is controlled by fancy binds, of course. F8 brings up AH, Salvage and Recipes in a nice group, center, and dismisses them as well.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

You know you can turn on your own status bars, over your toon's head?

/setoption showplayerbars 1
/setoption showownername 0

ETA: Figured it out. Use both commands above to turn on ONLY bars (over your and all player's heads).

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

6 hours ago, TheZag said:

And now do it all again but limit yourself to 640x480 resolution 😛

Lord Recluse, you evil SOB... is that you?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, MrAxe said:

Easy access to everything, including all favourite temp powers with minimum disruption.

Well, except for the disruption of hunting through 100 clicky-buttons, no matter how well sorted.

It seems to be a mini-game in itself: CoH Concentration. 🙂

• Like 1

every single one of my chars has totally different ui layout. my troller has a 2x box on top of the 1-3 1x9 boxes that have powers, JUST to see when they rechargE!!!!

Who the heck has a whole box dedicated to powers that are never actually used, but ysed as timers? me man, me. cause powexec_location macros aint got timers.

21 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Well, except for the disruption of hunting through 100 clicky-buttons, no matter how well sorted.

It seems to be a mini-game in itself: CoH Concentration. 🙂

When you have chronic ocd you remember, trust me. 😄

18 hours ago, Hew said:

Who the heck has a whole box dedicated to powers that are never actually used, but ysed as timers? me man, me. cause powexec_location macros aint got timers.

I mean most of my powers aren't "used" in the sense I never click on them but still want their icons visible so I can see what their state of recharge is.  A few extra trays hold seldom used powers or utilities like "reveal" that aren't worth remembering a keybind for.

But I get what you are saying.  I used to have CJ and SJ in tray slots bound directly to keys to activate them, but ever since this combined travel powers nonsense I've moved to keybinds that make them exclusive again.   I still keep their icons in the same tray spots though so I can see at a glance which is active.

I really hate not knowing where I am, so...

screenshot_211002-03-37-37.jpg

(or, more seriously below. )

screenshot_210929-18-59-36.jpg

Edited by Greycat
  • Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:45 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Classic Team UI way better than Modern Team UI.

So true.  I have trouble even reading the names of people in the modern team UI.  Whoever designed it needed to learn a thing or two about contrast.  Only drawback of classic is that the absorb mechanic is kinda wonky with it.