Patch Notes for October 5th, 2021

• Developer

Halloween Event

• The Halloween event is here!
  • The event will be active for four weeks, and will end during maintenance on November 2nd
    • Eternal Night will only be active for the first (October 5th-12th) and last (October 26th - November 2nd) weeks of the event; the normal day/night cycle will be restored for the interim period.

Changes for 2021

• Dr Kane's House of Horror: The Black Whip bonus encounter has been revamped a bit and now rewards the badge Sinister Summoner.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the Brickstown Prison Break event, which wasn't spawning enough Prisoners to complete.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 15
  • Thumbs Down 2

• City Council
28 minutes ago, Dryfter said:

Been looking forward to it too, unfortunately I can't seem to get the game running. Gets halfway through the download and closes 😞 

Which launcher are you using? Please file a support ticket or log in to our Discord and look in the Help & Support channels.

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Halloween Event

This needs to happen. There are a few of us that spend more if not most of our time in the Isles. Some red love would be nice.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Having fun doing another one of these with all y'all!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Was hoping for a new set for the instance (attuned general mez set?) but at least there's a new badge.

• Like 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

Its not like I'm asking for Halloween on goldside...

Well, all the zombie attacks and mystical circle stuff still happens there, just not anything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

As for Gold side, if you're someone who is building a level 50 Gold you can still Trick or Treat!  Just select an ouro mission from 1 to 20, go to the appropriate zone and...don't do the mission.  Just knock on doors.  For a team you'd need other Golds to join you in that ouro though.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

21 minutes ago, Darmian said:

As for Gold side, if you're someone who is building a level 50 Gold you can still Trick or Treat!  Just select an ouro mission from 1 to 20, go to the appropriate zone and...don't do the mission.  Just knock on doors.  For a team you'd need other Golds to join you in that ouro though.

Note: Oro via a base and you can do First Ward and Night Ward missions as well.   (For that matter, you could join some appropriate level chars and exemplar down to them)

• Thumbs Up 1

IIRC you can't do ToT in FW/NW even if you're the right level.  Memory may be playing tricks on me though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Darmian said:

IIRC you can't do ToT in FW/NW even if you're the right level.  Memory may be playing tricks on me though.

We're 1/2 right.   ToT works in First Ward, not Night Ward.  So all the way up to level 29...

• Thumbs Up 1

I fully intended to spend the next month getting all of the Halloween event badges on three new characters.  Then my computer crapped the bed last night.  Estimated time for repair is two weeks.

So if you could extend the duration of the Halloween event by two weeks, that would be swell.

I am kidding.  I am just going to spend the latter half of the month doing the Halloween event like a madman. :D

Thank y’all for bringing Halloween back to Paragon City and the Rogue Isles once again!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I fully intended to spend the next month getting all of the Halloween event badges on three new characters.  Then my computer crapped the bed last night.  Estimated time for repair is two weeks.

What's broke? Anything we can work to fix faster?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 hour ago, WanderingAries said:

What's broke? Anything we can work to fix faster?

Unfortunately not.  The CPU fan on my HP notebook computer gave up the ghost.  Thankfully, it is only 22 months old and still under the extended warranty.  However, the HP service center had to order a new fan and I was told that there is a shortage due to COVID-19, so it will take up to two weeks to come in.

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Unfortunately not.  The CPU fan on my HP notebook computer gave up the ghost.  Thankfully, it is only 22 months old and still under the extended warranty.  However, the HP service center had to order a new fan and I was told that there is a shortage due to COVID-19, so it will take up to two weeks to come in.

Well crap. That's probably a $5 part and an hour to install. :/

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

16 hours ago, Rejolt said:

Was hoping for a new set for the instance (attuned general mez set?) but at least there's a new badge.

My guess is that, like the Live game, they don't want to "crowd" too much stuff at once.  Right now it's all Halloween this, and trick or treat that.  Once we're done with that, then they can bring in some new stuff.  Plus, you know, it also just might not be ready yet.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝