Open question - character theme music

Chuckledunk

Who are your three most-played characters, and what songs would you use as their theme music? Feel free to include pictures of the characters and links to the songs!

Exajoule - Elec / SS Tanker - "Robot Girl", Die Alten Maschinen

exa1.jpg.4cac79d186ebf1c5b47c030eb631657d.jpg

Captain Columbia - Rad / Kin Corruptor - "America, F*** Yeah", Team America: World Police

09c0d7fb4a55735838356d7c8bc87a28.jpg.e87902b12f232ffc119575758dc480fd.jpg

Sheska - Spines / Regen Scrapper - "Transdermal Celebration" on a more lucid day, otherwise "Mourning Glory", both by Ween

shes1.jpg.135cffdab213b88f737b8c368340b93a.jpg

• Like 2

Hmm, I haven't really settled on very many yet. Most days I open with my Powerwolf playlist starting with my global namesake:

Joules Wattson is my main (so far) Electric melee / Bio scrapper. She's a spitfire country gal mutant. This is her opener:

Agent Reagan is my BR/Dev blaster it's a hard choice between this one and Headhunter by Front 242:

The Apparitionist my Dark/Psi Dom: 

and Mercyground Earth/Empathy Controller:

Edited by Singularis
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Heraclea, invulnerability/dark melee tanker:

Pomba Gira, dual blades/fire brute, comes with her own:

Sabra, spines/energy scrapper:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

This song will probably raise flags and stoke ire in these modern times, but it's the inspiration for my Pipe Wrench / Manhole Cover biker Valkyrie (aka War Mace / Shield Brute).  No pics available, as they just can't do her justice.  I'll let you guess which refrain inspired the character.

Edited by TheOtherTed
....rrrgh WORDS!
  • Like 2

When I was putting together my background music "City Soundtrack" playlist, Shonokin (Dark/WP Sentinel), my Appalachian gentleman-monster... 

ShonoAndMadison.jpg

... needed something that was both modern and that reminded me of the folk music from the mountains of Eastern Tennessee. I went with Tony Furtado's Bolinas

I find myself tending towards music for particular groups more often than individual characters, though... The theme for Bahir and Oreviel's Ordus Viatoris, for instance. That's a song called The Circle, from Blackmore's Night. It fit both the timelessness and the wandering restlessness of the Oranbegan voyagers.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

30 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

When I was putting together my background music "City Soundtrack" playlist, Shonokin (Dark/WP Sentinel), my Appalachian gentleman-monster... 

ShonoAndMadison.jpg

... needed something that was both modern and that reminded me of the folk music from the mountains of Eastern Tennessee. I went with Tony Furtado's Bolinas

Tony Furtado's Bolinas - YouTube

That's awesome! That song is fire 🔥 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Another fun individual pick was for Code Mordred (DB/Bio Stalker), one of the Ordus Chronos time-travelers....

Morgan.jpg

Morgan's a real grump of a character... One of my thorn-wielders, who ended up shattering his blade against the hide of a particularly nasty Battalion war-beast during the second battle of Agincourt. He's grouchy. He's stubborn. He's blunt. He curses like a proverbial sailor... But he's also the guy who would move heaven and earth to defend the Temple, or his magi or anything else that he thinks of as his to protect. (Yeah. That means Olympia. He's past even trying to deny that anymore. 😝) The perfect song for him? How about You Are My Sunshine, done as a bluesy dirge by The Dead South? 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

• 4 weeks later

Before the snap, Chaos String was a Grav/Kin controller who, after glimpsing the entirety of the multiverse for a fraction of a nanosecond during a particle accelerator accident, attained a unique understanding of both chaos and string theories, and found himself able to manipulate spacetime on a fundamental level.

I find that a bit trite now, and anyway I don't much enjoy playing controllers anymore.

So, after playing Cyberpunk 2077 I reimagined the Chaos String as malicious code that can infect any hero or villain with cybernetic augmentations, creating an alter-ego with its own agenda of vigilantism.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't kill me, I'm zeroes and ones.

I think most of my characters wouldn't use music to announce themselves, but probably Clark Howard instead. Music is fine for certain occasions, I guess. I've just never understood why people listen to it. It's kind of pointless. I'd rather hear something useful, something that can help me. Information is better. I can use that. Or at least find it interesting. Music? Pointless. 

But, if I'm being honest, most of them would choose 

• 3 weeks later