Melee/Support class?

Knyghte

5 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Rebirth has this, it's called a Guardian AT. In their case, they basically use an Assault (from Dom) primary and a rejiggered support secondary that has some Support powers swapped out for Defenses to keep them from eating floor. Energy Aura and Kinetics are hybridized, for instance.

The passive is that enemy defeats give the Guardian and nearby allies 5% temporary HP and resistance to loss of control effects, stacking three times.

I've yet to do much testing on it to see how well it works. On the outset it seems like a bit too spread (melee+ranged primary and defense+support secondary) but some of the ideas seems solid.

I would go straight melee, that way the Epic Pool could be range and control, maybe with a self buff in there as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2021 at 12:35 PM, ShogunGunshow said:

I've yet to do much testing on it to see how well it works. On the outset it seems like a bit too spread (melee+ranged primary and defense+support secondary) but some of the ideas seems solid.

Do you want to see how damage and support can mix together on one AT as smoothly as chocolate peanut butter?

Do you like playing VEATs, but wish they had a wider variety of powersets?

Do you like playing Dominators, but hate feeling the push to "permadom"?

Do you like playing Titan/Dark Brutes, but feel like endurance management just isn't enough of a challenge?

Ask your Character Creator if Guardians are right for you!

(Seriously, they're neat, not overly strong, but fun, but as noted in my previous post, I doubt HC would add them or anything close, sadly, for fear of being accused of ripping other communities off)

I kind of like how my Engineer in Star Trek Online plays.

I put down turrets, shields, healing auras, make The Floor Is Lava!

It is also a bit similar to how my MM with Nature plays, with the Wild Growth and similar PBAoEs,

or my Electrical Defender with Faraday Cage or my Blaster with Ice Cage.

I also like

It also reminds me a bit of the totem shaman's from World of Warcraft.

I could see such a class work in some form. A class that focusses a lot on PBAoE, some buffs and some AoE. A bit of an inverse Mastermind.

I don't think making it very mobile is the right answer, both because CoH's engine has trouble making mobile AoE look good (I'm thinking Hurricane), and that it would be hard to balance.

Making it put down static AoEs and PBAoE's it would make for some more involved decision making and party members that need to pay attention if they want the buffs.

Maybe it would be too similar to some existing stuff, there are many power sets I haven't played yet.

But I like how my Engineer in STO needs to think about where to place things. I could imagine both a support and an offensive AT very focused on such powers.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

9 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Do you want to see how damage and support can mix together on one AT as smoothly as chocolate peanut butter?

Do you like playing VEATs, but wish they had a wider variety of powersets?

Do you like playing Dominators, but hate feeling the push to "permadom"?

Do you like playing Titan/Dark Brutes, but feel like endurance management just isn't enough of a challenge?

Ask your Character Creator if Guardians are right for you!

(Seriously, they're neat, not overly strong, but fun, but as noted in my previous post, I doubt HC would add them or anything close, sadly, for fear of being accused of ripping other communities off)

The request for a melee/support class (specifically, I recall mostly "I want a melee kineticist") dates back to the live servers.

• Thumbs Up 1

We don’t need a new AT, we just need defenders and corrupters to be able to pick melee sets as well as ranged.

• Thumbs Up 1

Often posting from my phone; please excuse any typos!

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone