What's missing in the character creator?

Jack Power

We need a "butt nekkit" option.
Essentially a spandex that mirrors the flesh tone.
With gag black boxes over the "sensitive" parts (Chest, "Waist" and backside.
Lower region box size controlled by Belt and upper region controlled by Chest.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• 4 weeks later

More hair options for the guys.  There's so few compared to the women.  The long hair is extremely limited.  I would say the clothing options in general for the guys is very limited compared to to the stuff that's been added over time for the women is limited.

• Like 1

Hoodies.

It may have been said before, but I was playing around in the character creator last night (when Excelsior crashed) and realized the "Hoods" option only contain pointy-backed hoods, of the sort seen in Robin Hood movies.  No non-pointed hoods, and certainly no hooded jackets.   I consider this important because a lot of modern portrayals of heroes and villains show them using off-the-rack hoodies to hide their features.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Turbans, Hoodies, Feathered/Winged arms I.E. Falcon's original costume, animal pelts, "Tech cannon" style pieces. I wanted to make a sonic/sonic blaster that had sound cannons all over his shoulders and two on his wrists but the only thing close was the cyborg shoulder cables.

Any chance we can the 'starter kit' costumes at the top...INCLUDE all the NPCs in the game.

Ie.  If you wanted to appear like a Troll, for example.  Or Miss. Thistle's (I did try to recreate her in the Costume Creator...and made it identical...) kid sister?

Or a Sapper?  Imagine going into a PVP zone looking like that.  'GET HIM!'

Even if you wanted to be 'Super Cop' Wincott?

Be great to be them or customise them?

Any chance of this be on the cards?

Azrael.

12 hours ago, MagicalAct said:

Turbans, Hoodies

I think it's in Night Ward, where there are some animated armor NPCs that have a sort of hood/wrap on their heads...  Those would be some awesome pieces, if made available to us!

I know many have been said but volume speaks louder than validity sometimes.  Back items: Sword sheaths (with and without generic handles); single sword or double, other low-profile jump pack concepts (like the Vanguard one), rifle cradles (Champions Online had one).

Obviously a few more pistol and rifle options.  But really some "power gauntlet" kinds of things to allow symmetry with projected powers.  I mean really it would seem like it would be just tying a combat aura" trigger to a color schema on a costume piece in order to make it fire up when shooting flames or energy or etcetera.

Would really love options for thigh pieces.  Armor appliques, Low thigh holsters (single or dual), thigh pouches (no Rob Liefeld jokes).  I could go all day but yeah, those are most pressing to my pea brain.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

15 hours ago, Sabrehawk said:

Weapon sheaths. The NPC options.

Weapons. You know, when you're not using that sword, mace, whatever... it should be hanging around somewhere.. I think.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 11/24/2021 at 5:38 AM, arcane said:

Not a missing piece but it would be nice to be able to turn on toggles in character creation so you can see their collective effect.

This. I'd like to be able to clearly see how my costume part selections are going to interact with, say, Stone Armor, instead of the current method of finishing the costume, exiting the costume creator, seeing that something doesn't work with SA, and having to start over again.

I would like to use accessories/details and hats on monstrous and animal heads. 

I would like some real mutant body features, too with mutant origin. Tech has a ton, but there's no like tentacle arms or weird bulgy grotesque stuff.

I'd like some more pirate stuff, the stuff we have is pretty weak. Same with witchy, magic, and occult stuff. There's not much to choose from. 

I'd like full spectrum easier to find, the spectrum options aren't always easy to find. 

More claws options. Bone claws, forearm claws (like in spines), and the ability to only show 1 claw if that's what you want. 

More jetpack options. Frankly just adding the temp power jet and jumpacks would be enough. 

Goat heads. Horse heads. Ape heads. Elephant heads. Unicorn heads. Sheep heads. Shrimp heads. Mussel heads. Squid heads. Roach heads. Dragon heads. Cobra heads. Velociraptor heads. Chicken heads. Lion heads. Giraffe heads. Parrot heads. Wolverine heads. Panda heads. Shark heads. Albatross heads. 

• Like 2

Military-style belts and pouches, like the ones that Malta, Shadow Shard soldiers, and Paragon Police have.  Especially ones that can go over jackets and over pants.

Shoulder holsters.

Also, the belts/pouches/holsters should be in a separate slot from Chest Detail so you can have insignia and belts at the same time.  Longbow gets it, so should we!

More shirt options for both males and females - I especially want a proper button-down shirt with short sleeves for men, and a button-down shirt worn open over an undershirt for women.

Having a 'skin' layer that lets you put tattoos, scars and body art on your character that costume pieces cover up, instead of having them be part of your chest/arms/face texture.

- More tattoo options

- body scar options

Hair color options that let you have 'streaks' of color for ALL hair types.  That way, I can have toons that are going gray or dye their hair and not be stuck with just one or two hair options.

Jewelry options that aren't just recolored 'chains'.

A proper crown headpiece.

More backpack options.

More skirt options for the ladies.

Auras for weapons - I want a flaming sword!

Audio options so that if you take the 'silencer' options when you make Dual Pistols or Assault Rifle, it makes the 'clack-thwip' of a silenced shot instead of the ordinary 'bang.'

Oh wait, I forgot one more - proper skeletal limbs so I can make ghost and skeleton toons.

Ooh, and while I'm dreaming, an 'x-ray' costume slot that shows the bones inside a semi-transparent body, sort of like the Shivans but with normal heroic proportions.

These probably aren't gonna happen, as they'd require so much work, even possibly an almost full engine overhaul, but here's my big 3 costume wishlist items:

• Tertiary+ colors on costume pieces.  So many pieces have a Primary, Secondary, and one (or more) un-dyeable accents on them that can easily break a color scheme. And on the flipside, quite a few pieces have just primary/secondary colors, and have a matched jewel or inset in them that would be an excellent place to splash an accent color.
  • Damage indicators - flag certain pieces (like armor & overclothes) to be scuffed, stained, dented, torn, sparking, broken, or even fully removed/destroyed when damaged. Heck, even reducing the robot arms to smoking stubs would be in line with this.  Bonus points if you can choose if healing restores the pieces.  One of my alts is an old-fashioned sword & board knight, and coming out of a really hard mission with his plate mail all scuffed up and/or dented would be awesome, especially for RP.  "It's gonna take weeks to repair my armor after that fight against Nemesis."  And yes, there *are* a bunch of costume slots, but this would free up space for more variants or even completely new looks (and no, I really don't want to roll multiple copies of him).
  • Being able to remove/modify ears.  Scarred, maybe with bullet holes, mis-matched or even fully removed (with and without scars on the side).  While extreme, it's not unreasonable for my villainous rival to have pulled a Van Gogh.  (And some characters have ears on top of their heads, and are tired of either covering up, or wearing a human-ear headband.)