What's missing in the character creator?

Jack Power

Scorpinoid Tail.

• Thumbs Up 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

A backpack selection that isn’t for “school.” More styles of rocket boots. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

14 hours ago, tidge said:

"Sopping Wet" Auras.

I use the slime one colored for water.

12 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I want more goggles! And that's about it.

Never took you for a gnome!  😉

Actually, I'd like there to be a separation and sorting.  Currently we have a lot of "shoulder" options that are actually neck options.  Take the neck chains for instance.  If we have them, we cannot have a shoulder option.  In similar vein, I'd like the "shoulder" items that appear on the biceps currently to be a separate category, so we could have those (with asymmetry) and shoulder items.  Additionally we have some bizarre chest and neck overlaps, especially in regard to neckties.  Its actually possible to wear 2 neckties: one as a "shoulder" option and one as a shirt/tie chest overlay.  Better definement would almost be equal to new pieces, especially if one was to be able to wear bicep, shoulder, AND neck options simultaneously.

But if I have to pick something new, then either more shoulder protection choices close to the shoulders (not flying off into space detached from what it is supposed to protect) and/or high, close, tight collars:

image.png.0bb028f2ee31209fca515d97668a26c4.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have but one suggestion: My request is to have one full length robe that I can attach one of the full covered hoods to. The current robes don't work for what I'm looking for. Sort of like the robe the Emperor wears in Return of the Jedi or maybe a monk in a monastery. Then I can finally make a character I've had in my head for a while.

• Like 1

Bigger Hair options... like anime big.

Many many many back options.... swords, spines, furs, shells, mechanical, pairs to all the chest details,

Many Many more Helmets

Also go through all the existing options and give them multiple texture choices so we can match flat/leather/dull metal/shiny metal textures across different sets.

+1 on Tattoos

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

More slider presets that make characters proportional to NPCs and mimic beautiful body types. Sometimes I really am surprised how much I have to deviate from current presets.... like especially leg length, hip and waist size, and overall body size.

Also wouldn't hurt to have teenage, baby, and other presets.

For my unreasonable want I would like to choose emmination points for all ranged attacks.... still dreaming of that cyclops /triclops like character

Edited by VashNKnives

I don't think we need new items. I think what we need is less restriction on what costume pieces can and cannot go together. There's no reason I can't have the cybertech eye underneath my skull mask. If some items clip with others, then so what?

That being said, I would really like to see weapons be able to mounted on my character when I'm not using them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I love it.

New stuff on the way and still gimme M0R3! Collectively we are insatiable 

168451-insatiable.jpg

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

21 hours ago, ZekeStenzland said:

More shorts. Bike shorts, cargo shorts, etc. 

I was able to get something close by combining tights for the upper legs with "Kung Fu" boots.  The only problem is that you're stuck with the Kung Fu sandals as "shoes."  (So, on the topic of the thread, I'd like to be able to choose bare lower legs with different sorts of shoes.)

Fred.png.8c48762268e1e12a08235db13cd74a43.png

That's Mediocre Fred.  He started out as a Smothers Brothers homage (his fighting form is a werewolf), but since "Fred" is also a term for a certain kind of biker, I made the above costume for his human form.  The bike jersey is a Malaise pattern on tights, the bike helmet is a Freedom Corps helmet (unfortunately, I couldn't make safety yellow work with that piece), and the messenger bag is the Money Bag backpack.  

Edited by Zhym

Working text editor and extended color palette wins the day for me. This game has lots of colors but when applied to many costume pieces, most look dull or faded.

I would also love to see more items on which you can apply a color pattern.  A LOT of gloves, legs, boots have "No selection available" under their titles.

While we're at it: more items with pieces and parts that really POP when you color them.  I don't remember by heart but for example, there is one costume set that has boots, shoulders and gloves that have an option to display a part that looks made of neon-light when used with bright colors, helps with sci-fi themed characters.  I'll take a screenshot when I get home tonight.

I would like more range on the Head shape sliders.  I want to make more weird looking people, or cartoon characters, or aliens.  I know that clipping would be an issue, but it'd be on such a small scale that it'd be hard to see at a distance.

That and more animation options for ranged attacks.  Poison has way too much spitting for my scientist character types.

The possibility of 4 arms or 2 heads, i know thats a for a very long shot.. but i was missing 4 arms on a few chars... they must even not be doing something (like 4 blades).. just be there for the looks.

The Arms could just be an addable "Backpack" as example like the crab arachnos soldier ones, just copy the setting of the 2 regular arms for the looks.

Edited by SuggestorK
  • Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

Aura controls. Slowing down or speeding up aura graphics. 

Multiple auras. Two or three at max. 

Aura colors. Most of the auras could easily make use of primary and secondary color choices.

Dark auras. "Dark" versions of all the auras instead of just the "bright" versions.

Edited by TraumaTrain
  • Thumbs Up 2

Scorpion style tails or a similar change for the Crab back pack  so you can make a scorpion style character that shoots blasts from the tail

• Thumbs Up 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Something that's already in the game but yet to be proliferated to players: A microphone headset. Amanda Vines and that Praetorian news guy both have them, but we don't (likely placed into Detail 2, as it goes down the jaw).

Beyond that, I'll second that "slow down auras" option someone brought up and better tops with skins options for female bodies, maybe not so painted on....

• Thumbs Up 2

I can think of a few things.

COSTUME PIECES

• Caveman / Tarzan top, ragged edges, hanging over one shoulder, with animal print patterns.
  • Caveman / Tarzan micromini skirt, ragged edges, with animal print patterns.
  • French-cut bikini bottoms (possibly as a "belt" item) that arch up and over the hips, not flat across.
  • Beret + bald.
  • Beret + long hair.
  • Butt capes.
  • Cigar + beard.
  • Gloves and boots with Smooth / Mesh pattern. I keep running into problems putting mesh across the whole figure.
  • Flower(s) in hair detail.
  • Straitjacket, complete with buckle sleeves — not fastened, obviously.
  • New pattern for face, body, feet, etc: dirty.
  • More shoulder pieces that don't look like manufactured bits of tech armor: tortoise shell, bark, boiled leather, branches, etc.

COSTUME EDITOR

• More pale colors.
  • Find a way to allow Tops w/ Skin + Pattern.
  • Thumbs Up 3

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

18 hours ago, Gear Kitty said:

Something that's already in the game but yet to be proliferated to players: A microphone headset. Amanda Vines and that Praetorian news guy both have them, but we don't (likely placed into Detail 2, as it goes down the jaw).

Beyond that, I'll second that "slow down auras" option someone brought up and better tops with skins options for female bodies, maybe not so painted on....

In Page 3 patch notes:

All > Standard & Full Mask > Detail 2:

• Added "Arena Headset