What's missing in the character creator?

Jack Power

Shiny texture for Sleeves (with the bare hands). Sleeves work great for Tights, but not Tights Sleek.  😞  

As for more colors, if they'd allow for loading a costume file directly instead of through the CC, maybe with another NPC, then we can alter the costume file to get the colors we really want. But then all sorts of weird things can be loaded: 2" tall people, 25-story tall people (huge distortion though, 15 story-tall was good but oh the lag), heads with no bodies (hmm, I didn't try body with no limbs, or no legs with very long arms). Maybe better if the CC didn't validate colors (we'd still have to alter the file ourselves).

I know this is all pie in the sky and will treat it as such.

I also endorse color wheel selection and improved text editor.

Also robes and long skirts, add kimono to that (they are sexed! Don't forget the obi and tabi and gata!).

Also tops generally not painted on, like the Tanker top option but for everything.

Better variety of skirts and shorts that people actually wear.

Also a better variety of tattoos *that can be colored*.

Chest hair yes (not that pelt thing) but also body hair generally. And not just for bare but for parts that show skin, t-shirts, briefs etc. All of the bare men look freshly waxed.

To go with that we can use a better variety of loin-clothes and fundoshi. The fur shorts are fine if you want to look like he-man. Conan only wears fur shorts in the comics. In the stories when he is not clothed due to several hours in melee destroying his armor and clothing, he is down to the loincloth.

Historical pieces, specifically Elizabethan era. You know, the short jackets with the puffy sleeves, puffy short pants you wear hose under, big ass bell skirts, pointy shoes and especially codpieces in various shapes, sizes and designs. My Scorpius clone needs a codpiece with a skull motif! And don't forget the hats and ruffs and garters and poofy sleeves. Great for themed villains especially.

Fix platform and high healed shoes so they don't make your legs shorter but makes your character taller.

I am surprised no one has said anything, but all sex-specific costume pieces need to be remade for all body types. Yes, corsets for men. It was a thing! Sure, facial hair for the female types. Also my male rock star hero needs platform shoes preferably with skulls and or spikes! Also it'd be a hoot to have a sailor suit on a huge frame.

Hair styles designed by people that know hair styles or at least use magazines as a reference.

Also all of those samurai parts but no samurai hair?

Well that was longer than I wanted it. And I am sure there was more that I am not remembering off of the top of my head. But server's back up!

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's what I would like to see:

--Color Wheel / More color options

--Hats not tied to hair

--Hats & Helmets with symbols

--More helmets - football, for example

--Long dresses/skirts, MuMu's (ankle length)

--More back pack options, animal shells like turtle or crab

--More animal faces/heads - Ape, shark, turtle, crab (not sure what that would look like)

--Different stances - Not so heroic, like hands in pockets

--Transgendered options - let your mind wonder on this one

--Wheel chairs, powered, floating, manual

** I reserve the right to change this list at anytime without warning

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd really like it if we could remove the gender lock on certain options. I understand that not everything will transfer across cleanly, but there are particular things, like facial hair, where I can't see any reason for them to be locked. 

(Yes, I have had at least one female character who needed a goatee. For reasons.)

• Like 2

LGBT Plus Ultra on Everlasting.

Lots of ideas I have often hoped for being mentioned.  All Gender large size would be great but I would also love a tiny which is smaller than anything we have now (antman).  Love the idea of back robot, demon, etc.  The 2 head and 4 arms is a idea that really need to be looked into.  How about wheels, tracks, hover as part of the foot design?  Or animated robot parts, like gears turning, antenna broadcasting.  Select main hand and/or off hand weapon when not in combat!

Insect parts, tentacles, lots of different animals.

Some power customization:  SS Hurl being able to select present as all the items thrown would be great for my Santa character.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

I thought there would be one or two replies to this thread but it seems we're more hungry for more costume options than I thought.

One more thing I'd like is under-arm wings. Like comic-book Falcon and Morbius.

//Jack

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well I have others.”

― Groucho Marx

Keeping it G-rated and family friendly, and going along with Water Powers, wet clothes and hair.  Could be wearable and/or an effect placed on targets.

TheWetLook.jpg

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

• 5 months later
1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

Gowns, more robes, and/or ankle-length skirt options.

Also, some of the hats to allow your own choice of hair instead of a set hair choice.

My suggestion for ankle length skirts above, and for robes, if we could get the old Thorn robes for males or females who want to be mages, wizards etc.

Would be so awesome 🙂 

Guide1.jpg

ForceMage1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2021 at 6:27 PM, Itsyagirl said:

I'd really like it if we could remove the gender lock on certain options. I understand that not everything will transfer across cleanly, but there are particular things, like facial hair, where I can't see any reason for them to be locked. 

(Yes, I have had at least one female character who needed a goatee. For reasons.)

I've been asking for fishnets and corsets for males and cigars for our female characters for a looooong time. So, seconded.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 7:01 AM, Jack Power said:

I thought there would be one or two replies to this thread but it seems we're more hungry for more costume options than I thought.

One more thing I'd like is under-arm wings. Like comic-book Falcon and Morbius.

//Jack

I know it's not our server group, but Rebirth just added these and they look so cool

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 11/26/2021 at 7:23 AM, gamingglen said:

Shiny texture for Sleeves (with the bare hands). Sleeves work great for Tights, but not Tights Sleek.  😞  

As for more colors, if they'd allow for loading a costume file directly instead of through the CC, maybe with another NPC, then we can alter the costume file to get the colors we really want. But then all sorts of weird things can be loaded: 2" tall people, 25-story tall people (huge distortion though, 15 story-tall was good but oh the lag), heads with no bodies (hmm, I didn't try body with no limbs, or no legs with very long arms). Maybe better if the CC didn't validate colors (we'd still have to alter the file ourselves).

I love making oddities.  Shocking right?   Bodyless floating heads!   Yes

there is a Dev created Freakshow in one of the new arcs.  It has “hoverlegs” having removed its legs and placed some strange mechanical hover platform.  I would love to have that.  Of course i take fly on everything.  I suppose walk would be just floating at normal height above the ground.  

there are so many good ideas in this thread.  

i suppose extremely thin arms legs (just slightly elongated….) sliders.  And undead hands with long black fingernails would be the finishing touches on my signature toon….

On 11/24/2021 at 8:41 AM, Without_Pause said:

More racial diversity. It seems like some ideas are very basic copy/paste of stereotypical ideas versus fleshing out ideas better. Certainly more African pieces would be great. 

Absolutely 100% this!  Would love to see more African, Asian and Latino themed costumes.  Having seen what Rebirth has done with the costume editor, there certainly is so much more that can be added.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Absolutely 100% this!  Would love to see more African, Asian and Latino themed costumes.  Having seen what Rebirth has done with the costume editor, there certainly is so much more that can be added.

Wow, their guy went nuts with the creator; so many neat possibilities. Agreed with you all who would love to see this pushed to incorporate other races/ethnicities. I was just thinking how I wanted to make overalls in game, and I see Reaper from Rebirth did it, lol. I know HC doesn't want to copy/use what other servers are doing, but I hope maybe they'll consider seeing if one of our devs can push the costume creator like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

There are several costume pieces that, IMO, would benefit from having alternate versions with fewer details made available.  For instance, there's a set of spiked shoulder pads where the underlying armor plate has a sort of upturned point to it, (sorry not at game computer to attach a screenshot); A version without the spikes would be awesome!  Similarly, the various post-apocalypse/resistance pieces without the dirt and grime would be a nice option...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1