Regeneration Proliferation?

Vhalidictes

Has there been any discussion of proliferating the better version of Regeneration that Sentinels get to Scrappers (and other ATs)?

It's kind of a hamstrung set, and I don't generally take it, as while it *can* be made to work with the Fighting and Leadership pools, it kind of feels like a waste of a pick when I don't consider half the power viable in most situation and generally don't take them.

Skipping Recon (this is worse than a Inspiration on a stick because of activation lag), IH (if I need it, it's not going to be off cooldown), Revive (this is literally a Inspiration on a stick), and MoG (if I need it, I'm doing something wrong *and* it's not going to be off cooldown) kind of makes the set feel.. lackluster, let's say.

Not to mention that the one AT that would work best with it (Tanks, due to high HP), doesn't even have the option.

Edited by Vhalidictes
cleared up English mistakes and bad word choices.

Honestly, the Sentinel version of Regen isn't so great either.  Sure you have Instsnt Healing's toggle absorb, but that's the only real standout aside from maybe the reworked rez.  Reconstruction's heal is still ass, Dismiss Pain is hardly noticible and loses it's utility as an extra heal by being an auto compared to Dull Pain, and even focusing slotting on heals I struggle to get any meaningful amount of passive or active regen at all.  Regenration overall needs something major to make it stand up to other powersets, especially Willpower.  It's just statistically really bad on all fronts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

17 hours ago, nihilii said:

If you skip Recon, IH and MoG, I doubt the Sentinel port would save the powerset for you. You'd essentially be getting a minor +absorb, and that's it. Much better off playing Willpower.

Eh, WP doesn't play the same, although it is generally better. And a crummy +Aborb is better than the clickfest the set is now.

15 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

It's about time Tankers got it and EA.

EA is awful for Scrappers/Brutes, but it seems like it might scale well for Tanks. Unfortunately, the "kinda-sorta +Defense but not completely because a few resists" doesn't scale down well.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

The OP makes some kind of point.  But you know what I think we need more of?  Dance emotes.

I find the lack of head-banging and punk po-go emotes disturbing. /Vader

Moshpit Temp Summon, plz-k-tkx

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

11 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Nice.  Self nerfing Regen

I think I get it. You're one of those people that don't mind that the original "set and forget" set is now built around long-recharge click powers.

RE: Energy Aura. I just wasted a bunch of time in MIDS to make sure I'm not crazy, and MIDS matches my in-game experience. 

EA gets Energy Frain and Energize, so far, so good, even though it gets them super late. That said, 32% S/L +Defense isn't blowing up any skirts. At least it has decent Energy +Resist? Lots of late game stuff is Energy-based.

As long as you're not fighting Carnies it's... barely second tier? Then again, my experience with WP and SR might have skewed my ratings.

Edited by Vhalidictes
Didn't want to double-post
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Gang War, Burnout, Gang War, /pets metalhead emote?

Is that an actual emote?

If it is I would absolutely do that just for the effect.  I've been mentally storing a name for a band-theme'd mm for a while. 😄

Yeah, was looking for it or variations there-of with this thread open in a tab, lol. Pretty sure nothing of the sort.

Is it too early in the AM for me to make a representation joke? 😄

(It's all love, don't burn me plz.)

\m/

original.gif

12 hours ago, Vhalidictes said:

I think I get it. You're one of those people that don't mind that the original "set and forget" set is now built around long-recharge click powers.

RE: Energy Aura. I just wasted a bunch of time in MIDS to make sure I'm not crazy, and MIDS matches my in-game experience. 

EA gets Energy Frain and Energize, so far, so good, even though it gets them super late. That said, 32% S/L +Defense isn't blowing up any skirts. At least it has decent Energy +Resist? Lots of late game stuff is Energy-based.

As long as you're not fighting Carnies it's... barely second tier? Then again, my experience with WP and SR might have skewed my ratings.

You understand if we all say EA is one of the best it might be you who need to re-evaluate things, right?

Softcap reached with 27 slots and 7 powers to spare. Energy Drain not used but able to add another 4% with 5 enemies in range. Plenty of room to go ham on recharge or proc heavy, or even keep on shoring the negative resists weakness. SR does more but demands the near entirety of the set to be picked and offers no heal or endurance recovery.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Battle Axe
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Beheader -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(11)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(3), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 2: Dampening Field -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(29), TtnCtn-ResDam(31), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 4: Power Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(5), ShlWal-Def(7), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 6: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 8: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 14: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(15), TtnCtn-ResDam(15), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(17), TtnCtn-ResDam(17), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), GldArm-3defTpProc(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(21)
Level 18: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23)
Level 22: [Empty]
Level 24: Whirling Axe -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(27), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 26: Fly -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(33), NmnCnv-Heal(34), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(34)
Level 30: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: [Empty]
Level 35: Energy Drain -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(36), SynSck-EndMod(37), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(37)
Level 38: [Empty]
Level 41: [Empty]
Level 44: [Empty]
Level 47: [Empty]
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Afterburner
------------

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Vhalidictes said:

Regen's set and forget was over powered, i think that's often forgotten, what happened is MoG and Instant Healing were directly nerfed, and while many would probably have preferred IH just to have its effects reduced, we got the click we do now. That combined with changes elsewhere in the system, namely enhancement diversification, to greatly bring the set back.

Now instead of reverting to changing these, what we got was Willpower, which, as is much stated is "regen but good". I don't agree with that assessment, mostly because regen's identity changed with the above nerfs. What were meant as balancing changes end up being more of a rework, and while I at first hated it iv come to love the basic click nature. I like the visceral feel of having to actively participate in my survival and, due to the strength of MoG and IH still being quite high, being able to look at big incoming damage and say "no"

The issue is that if you aren't willing to be awake, sacrifice dps, and participate in your own survival, then yeah, the set is going to feel like ass. Every power you listed is core to my survival, and Sentinel Regen has serious issues that in my honest opinion make it mostly worse than its predecessor. Dismiss Pain is to small to be useful, Instant Regeneration doesn't scale with Max HP, and Second Wind is to risky to use as to make it worth using you need to be below 50% hp, but you will just be risking dying before getting the advantage, it ultimately is more useful to keep as a self rez than to ever use as a survival tool.

The one good thing Sentinel Regen has is the absorb layer allows it to survive alpha strikes better than normal regen, which, while an issue, is easily compensated for by using a click survival before diving in. Every other issue the set has is still there and you give up most of your strengths just for that one perk, Sentinel Regen is a series of interesting power ideas that don't belong together.

I wont pick apart your list of "bad" powers, but suffice it to say i feel you are very wrong. The set has issues, serious issues, ones that keep it from being more than middle of the road at best, and usually well below, but the answer is not and never will be 'just port sent'.

If you would like to explore what the set can do I built a calculator that can use information from Mids (you will need to manually type in) to calculate the durability of a Regeneration Scrapper of any mix of powers (havent added primary survival tools yet like divine avalanch or life drain)

14 hours ago, Vhalidictes said:

Nope.

Regen got fixed a long time ago.  They started by changing the effects from Green to Yellow, then they named it Willpower. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Vhalidictes said:

3 SOs in Kinetic Shield, Weave, and Energy Cloak get you to 31.59%, which is where I am guessing your 32% value comes from. Evaluating the value of a powerset by looking at its performance with 6 added slots filled with SOs is not something I would advise, at least in the context of discussing a powerset's worth on these forums.

Did you miss that Energy Drain buffs Defense on top of gaining you endurance? With 9 nearby foes, using 3 SOs, you'd be at 37%.

If you are not confining yourself to SOs, just adding the two +3% Defense IOs brings the total to over 43%--nearing the soft cap.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Koopak said:

On the topic of EA, its easily one of the top 3 armor sets for Scrapper, probably the best set that doesn't have built in damage.

Arguably its +Damage is disguised/rolled up under its +Recharge, as if you can use powers faster you do more damage.

• Thumbs Up 2