Small Change for Super Reflexes: Practiced Brawler.

Change Practiced Brawler to a toggle. You're gonna wanna get its cooldown below its duration with cooldown reduction anyways... so how about making it a toggle instead? Nerf its protections if needed, but making it a toggle would be very handy.

Because additional recharge allows you to stack it.  Clickable mez protection powers like it and the one in SD currently offer the best mez prot in the game.

It would be better to keep it as it is and also add other stackable buffs into it.

This argument always rang hollow for me. It is incredibly rare for enemies to stack enough mezzes on you to overcome toggle mez protection from a primary or secondary set, so click mez protection being stackable just doesn’t seem like a real advantage. And it’s still useless against powers like Ghost Widow’s Soul Storm, because those mezzes are intentionally overpowered to make them nearly impossible to resist. On top of that, click mezzes use up your only auto-exec power, they can go off unexpectedly and root you when you’re trying to escape, and if you get real bad Scrapperlock you can queue up too many attacks, preventing it from going off and leaving you mezzable. So what, practically, are we getting out of click mez protections to justify those downsides and extra slots they need to achieve parity with their toggle counterparts?

Change Practiced Brawler to a toggle. You're gonna wanna get its cooldown below its duration with cooldown reduction anyways... so how about making it a toggle instead? Nerf its protections if needed, but making it a toggle would be very handy.

This would possibly require rebalance, and the power works perfectly now. With very little recharge it can be stacked, it can't be detoggled, it has low end cost. Works just fine.

Because additional recharge allows you to stack it.  Clickable mez protection powers like it and the one in SD currently offer the best mez prot in the game.

It would be better to keep it as it is and also add other stackable buffs into it.

This argument always rang hollow for me. It is incredibly rare for enemies to stack enough mezzes on you to overcome toggle mez protection from a primary or secondary set, so click mez protection being stackable just doesn’t seem like a real advantage. And it’s still useless against powers like Ghost Widow’s Soul Storm, because those mezzes are intentionally overpowered to make them nearly impossible to resist. On top of that, click mezzes use up your only auto-exec power, they can go off unexpectedly and root you when you’re trying to escape, and if you get real bad Scrapperlock you can queue up too many attacks, preventing it from going off and leaving you mezzable. So what, practically, are we getting out of click mez protections to justify those downsides and extra slots they need to achieve parity with their toggle counterparts?

Don't they let you stack up Defense Debuff Resistance though?

This right here.

I used to drive Contollers insane in PvP because they couldn't lock me down before I could kill them. Had my PB not been stacked, they would have nailed me for sure.

Don't they let you stack up Defense Debuff Resistance though?

The Shield Defense version does.  Other click mez protection, like Burn and Kuji-In Rin, have other benefits that improve with recharge.  SR would benefit much more from updating PB to this standard.  I have a proposal (which also changes Elude and rejiggers a few other powers slightly) here.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

This argument always rang hollow for me. It is incredibly rare for enemies to stack enough mezzes on you to overcome toggle mez protection from a primary or secondary set,

You don't play Tanks, do you? My Ice Tank, who has a very good Toggle Mez Resist, gets occasionally held and Immobilized through his Mez protection against CoT. Had that been a click (which goes on auto for me anyway, so I never even think about it) those holds and immobs would have never phased me.

This argument always rang hollow for me. It is incredibly rare for enemies to stack enough mezzes on you to overcome toggle mez protection from a primary or secondary set,

You don't play Tanks, do you? My Ice Tank, who has a very good Toggle Mez Resist, gets occasionally held and Immobilized through his Mez protection against CoT. Had that been a click (which goes on auto for me anyway, so I never even think about it) those holds and immobs would have never phased me.

My main is an Invul/SS Tanker, and I've literally never been mezzed through Unyielding, unless I'm fighting Ghost Widow or the like, or it's a mez that Unyielding doesn't protect against (terrorize or confuse).

Try surviving FIVE RIKTI MAGUS all trying to mez you (to kill you) ...

What, are you trying to solo a mothership raid? You'll have backup if you're up against that kind of opposition. That's not an "if I get mezzed it's all over" situation.

Try surviving FIVE RIKTI MAGUS all trying to mez you (to kill you) ...

What, are you trying to solo a mothership raid? You'll have backup if you're up against that kind of opposition. That's not an "if I get mezzed it's all over" situation.

Quite often, on an invuln tank and in certain end game content, I will pull all the aggro resulting is enough mez stack to overcome unyielding. On a msr I will often keep an eye on all the teams in my area, and strategically taunt pull mages off of people. Similarly, carnis can do this, and multiple av's

My main is an Invul/SS Tanker, and I've literally never been mezzed through Unyielding, unless I'm fighting Ghost Widow or the like, or it's a mez that Unyielding doesn't protect against (terrorize or confuse).

Try running more lower level CoT. Earth Mages can lock you down, promise. I'm thinking you might have had a Kin or an Emp on your team keeping you with Increase Density or Clear Mind, and this is why you never had an issue. However, there are those rare times when playing with a /Kin or Emp and they don't pick up those abilities, you'll find yourself locked down.

I just think you got very lucky, either that or I got very unlucky, lol.

Also, let's consider PvP. If you PvP, then you know your mez resist shield will only save you for 1=so many times with a Controller landing a hold on you. If your Mez resist is a click and stackable, you'll avoid being help for much longer.

The click is better for PvP than PvE. However, I honestly don't see the gripe on it. You put it on auto and forget about it. It can't be detoggled, it won't run out of endurance and crash, it stacks, and you don't even have to ever think about it. It is by far the superior mez resist.

I don't know, my man...I think it's a pretty solid reason to keep it as a click.  :)

There are just as many corner cases the other way - if you get downed, you have no mez protection until PB recharges.  -Recharge affects you more than others.  As others have noted, your attack chain has to be tailored out around stopping to power-pose every x seconds.  And the other thing is, the 'better' mez resist only happens if you stack it - which most people are not going to care to do.  At base, they're standard mez protection, no better or worse than any toggle mez protection.  And if you get mezzed, your toggles supress either way, so you're just as dead.

I think it's more useful in the lower levels, especially on non-Tankers. At level 22, Scrapper's mez protection powers only give a little over mag 7 protection (for comparison, Tankers exceed mag 7 protection at level 11), which is much easier for some enemy groups to get through than their mag ~10 protection at level 50.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

This argument always rang hollow for me. It is incredibly rare for enemies to stack enough mezzes on you to overcome toggle mez protection from a primary or secondary set, so click mez protection being stackable just doesn’t seem like a real advantage.

Before Sunset, I ran my Stone/Energy main into several packs of Tsoo's Green Ink Men in the overworld.  You know, the Energy Melee guys with a chance on Stun?  If I didn't get off my AoE and at least stun one or two of the pack, I would be Stunned through Rooted within a few of their attacks.

There are just as many corner cases the other way - if you get downed, you have no mez protection until PB recharges.  -Recharge affects you more than others.  As others have noted, your attack chain has to be tailored out around stopping to power-pose every x seconds.  And the other thing is, the 'better' mez resist only happens if you stack it - which most people are not going to care to do.  At base, they're standard mez protection, no better or worse than any toggle mez protection.  And if you get mezzed, your toggles supress either way, so you're just as dead.

I can't say about Practiced Brawler, but Shield Defense's anti-mez is little different.  Since neither is an offensive ability, you don't have to stand and pose to activate the power.  Since I have it on auto-activate it will pop while I'm running between mobs, and unlike Shield Defense's aura, it doesn't even interrupt the running animation.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Just port the changes to the Sentinel version of SR out to other versions of SR.

Most notably it adds an additional power, exclusive with Practiced Brawler, called Master Brawler.  If you select it, your +Def Toggles now carry your mezz prot.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, everyone gets the version that works for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

Sorry but seriously do you not know that with a heavy recahrge focus you can triple stack PB and with a few more KB protection IO specials can have enough KB to resist even the strongest KB effects in the game? It is literally the only power that can do such and is one of the saving graces of Super Reflexes.

Not only that but SR already has tons of toggles and a heck of a time with energy management. It doesnt need more toggles.

So sorry not sorry but your idea is  very poorly thought out and does not look at the bigger picture.

SR already has tons of toggles and a heck of a time with energy management. It doesnt need more toggles.

While I don't agree with the tone, I can get behind this. It's super end heavy now even without adding Weave/Maneuvers. Another toggle will tank it.

I'm confused, just ctrl left click it.

Now it auto fires whenever it's on cooldown.

Sorry but seriously do you not know that with a heavy recahrge focus you can triple stack PB and with a few more KB protection IO specials can have enough KB to resist even the strongest KB effects in the game? It is literally the only power that can do such and is one of the saving graces of Super Reflexes.

And what exactly is the practical application of that? So you can have slightly better DPS against Jane Temblor in the two missions she appears in? Meanwhile you've basically eliminated the only real advantage PB has for the lay-player, that it costs about 1/3rd as much endurance to use as an armor toggle.

• 2 years later

Realize this is a thread necro, but the suggestion is there already.

I would like to modify the suggestion to this. Update the SR set to the standard for Sentinels. They already have the choice to keep Practiced Brawler or move the status protection to existing toggles and gain a click heal in Master Brawler. Promulgating this option to all SR sets incorporates the original solution while giving those that prefer the click able status protection the option to keep it. And with multiple builds it gives players an expanded option to tailor their build to the situation.

To chime in a bit (admittedly after only skimming the thread) PB and other click mez protections have one valuable thing going for them: when he protection doesn’t immediately drop if you get hit with heavy -End or -Recovery. Which might not seem like much but it does mean if your end goes down the drain and drops your other toggles, you can theoretically still run away (like from Malta, Seers, and Carnies who have both end drain and a lot of mez) or even pop some inspirations and continue the fight.