Note, about Super Stunners.

KaizenSoze

One of the Weekly Strike Targets this week is the Penelope Yin Task Force.

Super stunners are probably the most annoying mob on that TF. Due to their rez damage and recovery debuff.

They can really hurt at level 25, but there is a secret a good number of players don't know about. When I mention it, there is always one or two people who said they didn't know that.

Super stunners need a close target to rez. If you can kill them at range they don't rez. If you don't have recovery buffs, it saves a lot of annoyance.

Just thought a few folks would find this useful.

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 9

Also if you are melee only, jousting works (queue the finishing blow, then run by the enemy quickly so you end up away from them as your power fires off). Also, on rezzing they gain hp proportionally to the number of people in range of their death end drain, so at the very least try not to clump around a low hp Super Stunner. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, A Cat said:

Also if you are melee only, jousting works (queue the finishing blow, then run by the enemy quickly so you end up away from them as your power fires off). Also, on rezzing they gain hp proportionally to the number of people in range of their death end drain, so at the very least try not to clump around a low hp Super Stunner. 

I have been far away from them when they died and hit by their rez drain.  Seems if you have touched them recently there is no place on Earth where they cannot reach out and touch you.

3 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

I have been far away from them when they died and hit by their rez drain.  Seems if you have touched them recently there is no place on Earth where they cannot reach out and touch you.

It's called Reserve Power and has a 25ft radius.  It also seems to cast instantly on defeat with no delay, which means if they are defeated by a knockback, it's not where they land but where they were hit by that last shot that determines who is hit by their rez.

KB though, is a good strategy if you're on a team.  Even if all you have is Nemesis Staff, use it on them.  Knocking them away from the team can help, even if they still manage to rez, it will affect fewer teammates and they will have less health when they rez.  Knock them back early and often.  They tend not to come rushing back in usually because they can fire from range.  If I'm on a tanker, I try not to hit them with Taunt so as not to debuff their range.  Want to keep them out there taking long range shots, not in melee with the rest of the team.

Second tip for Penny Yin though (also Synapse):  Endurance Drain resistance is available from the SG base empowerment station.  It does help a little.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 5

13 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Anywho, isn't xp for each time the die?

You get full XP, yes, for both defeats, interestingly (probably intentionally) this goes for whether they heal to full or not.  So the "ideal" is to always keep one person and only one person near the Super Stunners when they go down, so you can re-defeat them with only a sliver of health for the regular rewards.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, ZemX said:

It's called Reserve Power and has a 25ft radius.  It also seems to cast instantly on defeat with no delay, which means if they are defeated by a knockback, it's not where they land but where they were hit by that last shot that determines who is hit by their rez.

I have been more than 25ft away, around corners, and down hallways and none of that has made any difference. And no, I am not talking about getting the killing blow but seeing their health low, knowing what is coming, and clearing out BEFORE they are dead.

1 minute ago, Erratic1 said:

I have been more than 25ft away, around corners, and down hallways and none of that has made any difference. And no, I am not talking about getting the killing blow but seeing their health low, knowing what is coming, and clearing out BEFORE they are dead.

And I've done that a hundred times and it works.  You either got hit by some bug or lag in the case you're talking about.   You can absolutely, in my experience, just step back and not be hit by their rez.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=freakshow.super_stunner.reserve_power&at=boss_grunt

It's nothing but a 25ft PBAoE that directly applies its effects.  You can see it's not got a huge range and isn't checking targets for some tag or power effect previously applied (which is how your "touched recently" idea would have to be implemented, if it were real).

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

I think you're just having bad luck. You're probably getting bit by the server lag when it calculates distance on stunner defeat.

• Like 2

Ah yes. I look like an absolute weasel during PYins as I scamper madly away the second the health starts going down on the Super Stunner.

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

31 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I think you're just having bad luck. You're probably getting bit by the server lag when it calculates distance on stunner defeat.

Yeah, was wondering if it was the difference between what my machine is showing me and what the server is getting.

Largely solved by leaving enough health buffer (as a melee) to get away before a ranged character makes the kill.

2 hours ago, Obus Form said:

What are you doing, Super Stunner Step-Bro?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwbut yeah. 

• Haha 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

16 hours ago, Chrono-Bot said:

Ah yes. I look like an absolute weasel during PYins as I scamper madly away the second the health starts going down on the Super Stunner.

Funny, you look more like a hamster to me...

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

19 hours ago, A Cat said:

Ah..jousting.  I remember back on Liberty when @Nemu taught me about jousting. I practiced on skulls in Perez Park with Fire Sword Circle until I figured it out. It was awesome. I recommend everyone learn this tactic just for kicks and grins if nothing else. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Fun fact:

All the tricks mentioned to prevent a Stunner from rez'ing also work to avoid the end-drain patches dropped by defeated Carnies. 😉

I figured that, but good to have validation.

One thing that makes me curious. I have never avoided a Super Stunner rez even though I have chars with very high AOE defense.

The same char will be able to deflect the Carnie end drain, even though the carnie version has higher accuracy. 1.0 vs 1.3.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=carnival.carnival_inherent_defense.psychic_visage

Might have to do with the level 25 vs 50 defense values.

I'll have to check careful on my next Market Crash.

22 hours ago, A Cat said:

Also, on rezzing they gain hp proportionally to the number of people in range of their death end drain, so at the very least try not to clump around a low hp Super Stunner. 

Wow... this explains SO MUCH about why our Yin run lastnight took so long XD

23 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Super stunners need a close target to rez.

I had no idea about this! Super good to know. 

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

Ah..jousting.  I remember back on Liberty when @Nemu taught me about jousting. I practiced on skulls in Perez Park with Fire Sword Circle until I figured it out. It was awesome. I recommend everyone learn this tactic just for kicks and grins if nothing else. 

Seriously, it's so useful! I use it with ranged attacks too, so I can be out of their range or behind an obstacle by the time my attack registers. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later
On 1/25/2022 at 8:04 AM, KaizenSoze said:

I figured that, but good to have validation.

One thing that makes me curious. I have never avoided a Super Stunner rez even though I have chars with very high AOE defense.

I know that this is months old, but the Super Stunner rez is autohit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Preach. been saying this since relaunch. 

Take the Super Stunners at range they use an in close rez that does damage and massively drains end. theyre worse than Malta Sappers in that regard. 

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

On 1/24/2022 at 2:58 PM, Erratic1 said:

Years later, long after he has retired from fighting crime, Erratic is woken up by the phone ringing.

"Who could that be at this hour? Hello!"

Yeah, you might not remember me, but I'm a criminal rezzer you fought a long time ago.

"Okay?"

Yeah, I was just in an accident, and I'm not going to make it, so, well...

ZAP!!!!

"Aw, dang it!"

• Haha 8

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid