Um, did someone forget to hit a button? Or something?

Attache

Should we all be Flinging some Spring right about now? Did I miss an announcement?

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

31 minutes ago, Snarky said:

it's freezing.

Never has someone so appropriately named so appropriately commented.

And, hey, I'm with you - it always seemed a bit weird for something named the Spring Fling to be over by March 2nd but given that it centers around Valentine's Day, they are locked into having it on or around February 14th, no?

• Thumbs Up 1

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

21 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Groundhog said no, 6 more weeks. 

Groundhog the Dev? The one who always repeats themselves?

Didn't you know? The Groundhog died and now we're in perma-frost forever. >.<

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

2 minutes ago, Verfall said:

Well it is minus 39 Fahrenheit outside right now so you're probably right.

Fairbanks, is that you?  😁

• Haha 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I almost pet a wild groundhog about three months ago.  It'd snuck into a greenhouse at a farm where I help out.  I cornered it and expected it to bolt past me, but it just huddled up and waited.  Poked it with a rod to get it moving, because I was trying to trap it on the other side of the greenhouse so I could release it, and it still didn't move.  I walked right up to it, my leg brushing against its fur, and, nope, just not moving from that spot.

If I hadn't seen what their teeth can do, I would've risked it.  Little bastard looked so soft and squishy.  Now, I'll happily grab a wild opossum and carry it around, because they're the least aggressive animal I've ever encountered, and they're incredibly soft.  Crazy soft.  Fur like down.  But they don't bite.

Those giant rats, though, scary teeth.

220px-Groundhog_Newark%2C_NJ_31_March_2021.jpg

Yeah.  No touchy.

Plus, marmots can harbor Yersinia Pestis, and groundhogs are in the marmot family (which is in the Rodentia family, hence the giant rats reference (not to be confused with capybaras, which actually are giant rats (but not closely related to common rats (or lab rats (or the Rat Pack))))), and ain't nobody got time for no plague.

What were we talking about?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

220px-Groundhog_Newark%2C_NJ_31_March_2021.jpg

Yeah.  No touchy.

Plus, marmots can harbor Yersinia Pestis, and groundhogs are in the marmot family (which is in the Rodentia family, hence the giant rats reference (not to be confused with capybaras, which actually are giant rats (but not closely related to common rats (or lab rats (or the Rat Pack))))), and ain't nobody got time for no plague.

People consult the groundhogs for weather predictions, but marmots also have insight for us.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

We are predicted to get 10 inches. I tried to go to the store and our car got stuck. We did get it out though.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

15 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

We are predicted to get 10 inches. I tried to go to the store and our car got stuck. We did get it out though.

When I lived up north, I used to go practice in the grocery parking lot after midnight every winter to make sure I still had the reflexes down. :p

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I used my ruler on the yard to see how bad it was. The grass was 2.5 inches and still green but my neighbor across the street was wearing a parka while walking her dog (who was wearing some winter dog vest).

It's a balmy 63° with a high for 80° today. Maybe if it wasn't so cold, I'd throw my swimming trunks and boogie board into the back to swing by the beach after work. Instead I'll probably hunker down in the house with heat just in case it gets a little more chilly.

Our community can all come together in this time for our communal effort to stay warm. Hot cocoa all around.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:15 PM, WanderingAries said:

When I lived up north, I used to go practice in the grocery parking lot after midnight every winter to make sure I still had the reflexes down. 😛

I think that's a time honored tradition. Whats a good snow without some good donuts?

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

On 2/3/2022 at 12:11 AM, Without_Pause said:

We are predicted to get 10 inches.

Must not be too far from Me, about the same here in Mansfield, Oh. If I could get my hands on that cursed Whistle Pig, I would......nevermind.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, Marine X said:

Must not be too far from Me, about the same here in Mansfield, Oh. If I could get my hands on that cursed Whistle Pig, I would......nevermind.

Michigan.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."