Combat Teleport

Bojutsu

Hello.

Does anyone out there use Combat Teleport, or have previous experience with it?

I've never taken it before, and I am considering getting it for one of my characters.

How useful do you find it to be? 

If you are a Stalker, will you lose your Hidden status if you use it to initiate a fight? 

If it does cause the Stalker to lose their Hidden status, I guess I could work around it by Combat Teleporting somewhere nearby the enemies, but not within aggro/attack range, then initiate a battle with the to-hit bonus. However, if I have to do all that, I'd rather just use a yellow inspiration and get the same effect. 

Thanks for any responses.

Global handle Bojutsu

Combat Teleport is a great power and very useful.  And no, it will not take you out of Hide or Stealth.  The +To Hit is great for your alpha strike.  I generally put a single range IO in and that's it.  But you can slot it up with To Hit sets and procs, if you wanted.

I only have it on one toon and don't use it much - this could be partly because he doesn't really need it much (it's kind of just muling for the Luck of the Gambler +Rech Speed) and because if I'm in the middle of combat (on a team too), stopping to fiddle with the target reticle is too clunky. 

Someone once gave me a macro command string that would 'port me over to whichever foe I have targeted, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work.  I have a Savage Melee tank who I adored using Savage Leap on though, so if you could get Combat Teep to work in the way I couldn't, it could be quite useful!  I say go for it.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

17 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Someone once gave me a macro command string that would 'port me over to whichever foe I have targeted, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work. 

These should work for you, and it is amazing.
Here are  a few binds and macros that allow you to teleport directly to a targeted enemy without having to mess with a targeting reticle.
Pick different keys and key combinations that work best for you.

/bind BUTTON5 "powexec_name Savage Leap$$powexec_location target_custom_near enemy alive Savage Leap"  ( Great in a crowd, attacks living enemies until they are gone.)
/bind lshift+lbutton "powexec_location target Combat Teleport"
/macro_image "E_Icon_Obliteration" "BAMF" "powexec_location target Combat Teleport"
/macro BAMF "powexec_location target Combat Teleport"
/macro RAWR "powexec_location target Savage Leap"  (Thank you @InvaderStych)
/bind z "powexec_location target Burst of Speed"
/bind key "powexec_location target Lighting Rod"

Edited by Vulpoid
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I only have it on one toon and don't use it much - this could be partly because he doesn't really need it much (it's kind of just muling for the Luck of the Gambler +Rech Speed) and because if I'm in the middle of combat (on a team too), stopping to fiddle with the target reticle is too clunky. 

Combat Teleport doesn't slot Defense sets.

Because it doesn't need to.  It is packed full of Unmitigated Awesome as it is.

@Bojutsu -

Turning off "Default Field of View" is an absolute game changer for CT.  Doing this widens the FoV (the value it had when I turned off default was perfect) making it very easy to change levels (mezzanines, shipping container stacks, etc) very easily with CT.

Remember: if you can target it, you can CT to it.  This includes mobs in office maps where you can see them through a window, or ones in the pill-boxes in Council caves.

Using CT to cross a mission map with a "lead the npc to the door" objective means they sprint to follow you to each point where you land instead of their usual, overly casual walking speed.  Recent changes to mission pathing behind the scenes means it is easier to get out of range for this trick than when CT was new, but it still works.  It does *NOT* work on hostile/hostage NPCs as reliably as it does on Rescues, but that make narrative sense.

CT, and any other teleport or tele-nuke that is targeted via a macro can also be used on friendlies and NPCs.  Clarion Radial + Burst of Speed -> Target the Ninja who ran ahead to the end of the mission map and port straight to them. BoS has twice the base range of CT and will accept global +range buffs as well as enhancement.

Also, "powexec_location cursor" is great for "Port Me Here" on-demand with left-mouse.

Definitely enhance CT for range.  It is coded to ignore external range bonuses (like Clarion Radial or the temporary range buff from a blaster slow snipe), so the only way to get more range out of it is from enhancement.

Finally, don't sleep on the new Warp set.  Good bonuses and the +Perception will fire with each activation of CT.

@Vulpoid - Savage Leap is already targeted. It doesn't need a macro/bind - although I like your combo that picks a new target - unlike the other powers which are all location targeted and need to be either bound or macro'd to "powexec_location." The "RAWR" macro in your list is extraneous. 🙂 🍻

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I use it on my Ice/Kin corruptor to zip into the middle of spawns and hit Fulcrum Shift.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Combat Teleport is an awesome power and I take it a) whenever concept allows and b) especially if I can't work Tactics in or don't have a primary or secondary that accepts ToHit IOs.

Here're the key binds I use:
/bind T powexec_location Target Combat Teleport. This takes me to my selected target when I press T

/bind G powexec_location Back:40 Combat Teleport. This makes me jump back 40ft--which takes me out of melee range and allows me to fire my short-ranged cone.
/bind R powexec_location Cursor Combat Teleport. This takes me to max distance in the direction of where the cursor is when I press R.

You can easily convert these to Macros by replacing "/bind [Key]" with "/macro [name]" or "/macroimage [image_name] [name]"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Combat Teleport is a great power and very useful.  And no, it will not take you out of Hide or Stealth.  The +To Hit is great for your alpha strike.  I generally put a single range IO in and that's it.  But you can slot it up with To Hit sets and procs, if you wanted.

It was pointed out to me that Combat Teleport ignores range enhancements.

I normally slot it with either Winter's Gift: Slow Resist or the +perception enhancements

I use it as much for the "mini-Build Up" as anything.  It's especially nice with, say, Claws, where I can get the initial To-Hit buff of Follow-Up before I hit my first Follow Up.

I'm kinda nonplussed on it for its actual teleportation use though because its animation/rooting time means often as not, it's actually more efficient just to run/jump up to the enemy.  It's a fun concept power, though, and not very slot hungry, so I do make some use for it.  It's just a little iffy on execution.

Edited by Lazarillo

1 hour ago, Major_Decoy said:

It was pointed out to me that Combat Teleport ignores range enhancements.

It ignores external (global) +Range buffs from Clarion Radial, Set Bonuses, Blaster Slow snipes and similar sources.

Enhancements are the only way to increase its range.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

12 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

It ignores external (global) +Range buffs from Clarion Radial, Set Bonuses, Blaster Slow snipes and similar sources.

Enhancements are the only way to increase its range.

Okay, yeah. I never actually checked before, I just saw the "unaffected by range changes" as assumed it included enhancements after being told as much, but I had a scrapper with it four slotted anyway and yeah, 48 yards wouldn't be possible if the enhancements were doing nothing. I feel better about using the +perception/range enhancements now then.

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's great if you're a speeder and wanna optimize movement.

It's great for when you get a bit too much aggro and need to back up.

It's great to position yourself in the middle of a mob and pop your nuke.

It's great for when you get stuck on something like a pipe or a torch and want to quickly get out.

It's great for when you have to get up a platform or get through an opening your can't normally fit through.

It's great to spam on afkers while waiting for a task force to start to move them in a weird position.

Yeah... my conclusion is that it's great.

Bind it to a key or a mouse button with powexeclocation to your cursor though; you really need to be able to quickly cast it to get any utility from it.

5 hours ago, arcane said:

No tohit bonus but double the range. 🙂

Some might argue that having to keep Speed of Sound on at all times to make full use of Jaunt would be a negative, but not me.  I zip everywhere, then poof!  Now I'm over here, wrecking stuff.  If a character has any reason to be in melee, I go straight to SoS/Jaunt.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

13 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Combat Teleport doesn't slot Defense sets.

Because it doesn't need to.  It is packed full of Unmitigated Awesome as it is.

Derp, you're right.  It's on a toon I don't play much lately so I forgot.  But: that toon is an Ill/Trap troller, so he doesn't really need too often to move from target to target like say my tank does.  The troller's build was one I grabbed off the forums and adjusted slightly, so I took it, but... don't really need it.  IMHO of course!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I also prefer Combat Teleport over Jaunt for the simple reason that you port to and away from your target while facing your target. Jaunt denies me a second or two of reorienting myself. Additionally, and this is a purely Me-specific, is that having Speed of Sound on during a fight makes my toon move too fast for my wee brain to keep up. I end up running into walls, torches, crates, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

that toon is an Ill/Trap troller

Although it works really well to pop over behind mobs so your Phantom Army do their damn jobs! Once they engage, you can pop back.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I have it on my staff/dark brute to save me having to walk to the next group of mobs to whale on. The only thing I don't love about it is that I need to redraw the weapon after the port. 

I'm also a lazy, lazy man, so my bind is just a doubleclick to hop to the cursor location. It makes it go off at vendors or in the SG base, but free shrugs since it doesn't bother anything.

/bind LeftDoubleClick "powexecname Combat Teleport"

21 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Although it works really well to pop over behind mobs so your Phantom Army do their damn jobs! Once they engage, you can pop back.

Yeah, I mean, I have used it, occasionally, for stuff like that, but I never found it essential.  Now let me have it on a tank and that's a whole nuther story.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

Go have fun!