What's your Main's theme song?

Living_Hellfire

This might be better for the general chat, but if feels "RP" to me.

Some of you may have read my writings about Liv which means that those of you who have done so understand my attachment to the character. While I can write about his various exploits and lay out his back story in painfully morbid detail, what I can't do is share the music in my head while I think about him. At least not in a narrative, I lack that talent.

Having said that there are certain tracks of music that I associate with Liv very strongly and I would like to know if you feel the same about your "main" character and if so, what are some of those pieces of music?

Liv's primary song of province is "My Hero" by the Foo Fighters, particularly the accoustic version which I've posted as a link. The other is fairly specific and has to do with an action piece that I've yet to write, and frankly likely won't, but it's "Renegades of Funk" by Rage Against the Machine.

Share with me the pieces of music that immediately make you think of your main character or the characters that are important to you.

EDIT - This song, this version specifically was non-stop in my head when I wrote "Fighting Fire with Fire".

Edited by Living_Hellfire
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

-The Legendary Living Hellfire

"The newest person in the room is always the most important person in the room"

Paragon Vanguard's theme would have to be "Hero" by Nickleback. I know, so on the nose there, and probably plenty enough with the same theme, but it's still true. The song isn't really about a hero, it's about someone who isn't waiting on a hero. Michael Summers, professor at the Paragon University, is not an alter ego, it is who he is, while Paragon Vanguard is what Michael Summers considers a responsibility. "Hero" just makes me think of him. 

Edited by Paragon Vanguard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Paragon Vanguard
Jerrin Bloodlette
Hughe
Luke Minhere
many others

Unfortunately, I don't have a "main" anymore; I have a Current.

On a toon that's put together quite nicely, (I'm talking costume + name + power sets + picked powers = concept) as not all of my toons fit the bill, then I only have a handful out of my hundreds of alts.

Among these are:

Howling Hawk. Beasts/Pain MM. He's a Native American Indian (will try to screen cap costume later). Sometimes, I play him with this playing in the background:

Another toon, also one of my favourites, is my name sake Six-Six--DP/Ninja Blaster. He runs around with this in the background:

Again, will try to post a screen cap some time.

Since most of my toons are tech origin with various cyberpunk feels, I've found the artist of the latter video, Aim To Head, has a nice repertoire of EBM background tunes for my toons.

Some of my (ninja-leaning) toons (and a guilty pleasure part of me, if I'm being brutally honest) prefer K-Pop like K/DA as their go-to music. Others, whether carrying an AR or Beam Rifle or demonic blade prefer the heavy death metal music of Arch Enemy or Bolt Thrower.

I've only recently done this, and by pure chance of leaving a tab open while I was playing. Turns out the right music helps me get in the zone and in my toons head. 😃

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I keep "cheat sheets" for each of my characters, and one of the entries I tend to put alongside their backstory is their "theme song". I did write more - including forum stories for some - but when logging one into the game, the song would be the first song I'd play so I could get into their heads. 

Kelri, my main, is "Because I'm Awesome" by the Dollyrots. Just because...yeah, she's awesome. She was my main in my last game, and she was incredibly short (as short as the character creator allowed) and had blue hair. I didn't pick her as my main. My guild friends did. She just had a tendency to be seen as adorable and kind, and she ran a weekly event with a server-wide invitation to all RP'ers to go hang out. I just like the name and upbeat tempo for this song. It feels like it embodies her. 

Kelri's Life Partner is named Dani, and yes, I play her as well. Her song is "The Dark" by ZZ Ward. I like to think of this match as being similar to my own marriage. So, I made her beautiful (because Kel doesn't see herself that way), adored by Kelri to the point that she just can't see herself being with anyone else, and incredibly lucky the way I see myself with my LP in RL. Dani has walked through the dark in her life, and Kelri is like a bright rainbow in her life (much like my own LP is for me). The line "I'm not afraid of the dark" is something she can say now that she's met Kelri. 

My "once upon a time" main was Angel Timmons, a private investigator that has a 'version' in a lot of my games, starting with my first tabletop RPG. I chose "Heist" by X Ambassadors because she has a definitive mental image in my head that just....as soon as I heard this song, I knew it was about her. I decided not to make her in my last game, because of the setting, but made a tribute character of sorts in that game who grew her own personality and I made her Angel's twin when I came back to CoH. Her background involved some PTSD issues (yes, I write what I know), so she's a tough chick (basically everything I wanted to be but wasn't), and I gave her "Hit Me Like a Man" by The Pretty Reckless, because...um...yeah. 

I have more and put their theme songs on their in-game bios as well as on their "cheat sheets", because that song is usually the one I have in my head to tell me what personality I'm RP'ing or writing. Thank you for posting about this, because I haven't been able to write or RP in months, but I'm hoping writing this brings that side of me back around! 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi-Caliber Solutions

Everlasting Server

4 hours ago, Kelri Irris said:

I have more and put their theme songs on their in-game bios as well as on their "cheat sheets", because that song is usually the one I have in my head to tell me what personality I'm RP'ing or writing. Thank you for posting about this, because I haven't been able to write or RP in months, but I'm hoping writing this brings that side of me back around! 

I get that, I know what that's like, I go through long dry spells writing as well. I'm glad that there's a chance that I was able to help in some small way!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

-The Legendary Living Hellfire

"The newest person in the room is always the most important person in the room"

Well  lets see:

my main is American Valor his main song is Real American by Rick Derrignier

I have other songs for all characters that I have written in RP stories.

American Champ songs are: Bring me to life, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and Beautiful Disaster (this one from a Good Friend)

Star Justice is Holding out for a Hero

Kid Valor is Hero by Enrique Iglesias

their are many more...

Edited by American Valor
grammer and video
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When you wake up seek the courage and strength to do the right thing.
Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk.

American Valor Sentinel of Liberty

RP Forums: Paragon University thread

FBSA Home Page

Most of my crew eventually seem to end up with a piece of music on my "background playlist" that I think of as theirs... 

Kaikara, who's arguably my main here, suits Inkubus Sukkubus' Belladonna & Aconite, Something of a Gothic classic. Which works really well for a young Death Mage who likes dance music. 😝

Lasya Stanton, Graceful Ivory Mask, from the post-Battalion city of Nova Primeva. is a professional time traveller. She's also one of Kai's descendants. She got Blackmore's Night's rather mysterious Cartouche...

Grey Kestrel's music has always been Shiva's R&B Dub from Arling & Cameron... for reasons I can't even really explain. It's just very her.

Shonokin, my Appalachian gentleman-monster. ended up with Tony Furtado's Bolinas,,,

,,, And my auromancer Cantus' pick was pretty obvious.... My entry in this year's Slot Machine Challenge, he was named after my favorite Fraggle Rock character. Cantus and his minstrels were introduced into the series with their own theme. Let Me Be Your Song, sung by Jim Henson, who voiced the character. 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Dani (Placta), an electric blaster distantly related to the Cabal, has adopted "Witchy Woman" by the Eagles. It started when someone set the Knights' base's sound system to play it whenever she teleported in, which annoyed her at first because the later verses are not very flattering, but she got over it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

• 5 weeks later

For Bale Fire

I am the fire - Hale Storm

For Panda

Angel of Darkness

For Raptor Red

Warrior - Disturbed

got lots more

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

Have too many alts to have a main. ;)

Have to say this is one thing I have a hard time doing with characters. I see characters with playlists, I've had characters inspired by songs (or even just their titles - like Deadly Diana being inspired, namewise, by Dirty Diana) but "what is their song/songs" just escapes me, frequently.

About the only thing I've had kind of click with a character is the Umbrella Corporation Theme for one Robert Addison. Amoral, arms dealer, maker and seller of clones, manipulator and backroom dealer, it just kind of clicked.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Music can tell so much about a characters background, so much more than words can actually shape a tale to be shared.

Crystal Dragon - https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=KalVFwWK3UM&feature=share

Seluna Silverheart - https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=mulK7Me8epE&feature=share

Serriss Malachite - https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wjCcWC2aE&feature=share

Astrovist the Weaver - https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKByc2sq2I&feature=share

Moonstone Dragon - https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=fdz_cabS9BU&feature=share

Daelina the Fae - https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeiOjRXjY1xzqf9zONAlggUsQoW6f-fKU&feature=share

Gurn Askook - https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeiOjRXjY1xwDOoUFTUqBfygMco5gykh7&feature=share

Phew, that's the entire tirikan roster so far.

Edited by Crystal Dragon
THERE WAS A LAST ONE MADE RECENTLY OKAY >.>;;
  • Thumbs Up 1

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

So not my MAIN main, but I have a character named Disgruntled Ex.

While I imagine there are a LOT of songs that suite her (like Taylor Swift's entire discogrophy and half of Avril Lavigne's, just for starters), a more contemporary tune she'd enjoy would probably be A B C D E F U.

Not linking it here because lol swear words. Like, a LOT of swear words. Like, how the hell did Kidz Bop manage to cover this song lot of swear words.

But look it up, it's a banger!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

So not my MAIN main, but I have a character named Disgruntled Ex.

While I imagine there are a LOT of songs that suite her (like Taylor Swift's entire discogrophy and half of Avril Lavigne's, just for starters), a more contemporary tune she'd enjoy would probably be A B C D E F U.

Not linking it here because lol swear words. Like, a LOT of swear words. Like, how the hell did Kidz Bop manage to cover this song lot of swear words.

But look it up, it's a banger!

Sounds like my Dark scrapper.  Feelin' Emo (and MAN was SHE pissed when I laid that one on her!)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

For Lady Cobra/Emily I was unable to choose between the following four:

Marillion: Script for a jester's tear

Saturnus: I long

Saturnus: Softly on the path you fade

Trees of Eternity: A million tears

Rei is not quite so much into music, but I guess the demise of her father and her reaction to it reminds me of the premise from

D-A-D: Call of the wild

Ironically, another song by D-A-D: Sleeping my day away would probably work well as a sort of anti-theme song for the workaholic Rei J

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
On 9/15/2022 at 5:46 PM, EmperorSteele said:

I have a character named Disgruntled Ex.

Add to that list, "Lullaby" by Maragold.  Meghan Krauss just blows me away with her vocals.  

• Like 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Anyone looking for some Mayhem theme tunes?  Here's some Tangerine Dream / Michael Mann for you... 

"Dr. Destructo" from the sountrack album "Thief".  

(Press F to pay respects to Edgar Froese and James Caan)

Edited by MistressOhm
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Oh damn.  Totally forgot about Tomo Hotei.  Nice pick. 

• Like 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

Battle Without Honor or Humanity has been on my playlist for years...

Back in the Liberty days I had a Claws/Energy Brute named Ashura. It was her theme music. 😆

I haven't rebuilt her here, but still.... Hotei forever, yo. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

The hero theme of every non-darkside hero since 1987.

And the one every darkside here SECRETLY wishes they could use...(and is probably humming to himself in his/her head as they're busting faces)...

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!