Suggestion: Add a level 35-50 Preatorian Task Force or Trial that has you fight all the different members of the Hamidon family: The Seed, The Avatar, and Praetorian Hamidon himself!

Bionic_Flea

One of the frustrating things about Praetoria is that Praetorian characters are hard to get to 50.  I have one that "cheated" by getting the last few levels running missions (not farms) in the Pocket D AE.  Another frustrating thing is that Praetoria doesn't have a single TF or trial.

While the game tries to send you to Primal Earth as either a hero or a villain at level 20, one can choose to go to the Wards and run some fairly well written arcs and some repeatables to get into the late 30s and early 40s.  But then you are kind of stuck.  You could go run the zone events as those critters are "levelless".  But that gets old quick.

We've also been introduced to the Seed of Hamidon and the Avatar of Hamidon in other events and missions and we have seen glimpses of Hamidon's tentacles as shadows or as calcified remains.

A Praetorian TF or Trial using the Hamidon family would finally give Preatorians one of their own; allow players that want to have a level 50 Praetorian a reasonable path to achieve that goal; provide additional content for the 35-45 range where leveling frequently slows down; lets us see the Praetorian Hamidon in all its glory; and finally finish the Preatorian storyline by tying up the last loose end -- Hamidon.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e7/86/ef/e786ef95eeb2aeaf277019736f3226e5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 14

Yes I'd go as far as to say that two 35+ TFs are called for in Praetoria.  It wouldn't need to be all right away but if they are going with a fresh HM TF they've proven themselves adept at making these things so I'd like to see the next one set in Praetoria medium in length, then a bit longer one later on.  

As far as Praetorian Hami I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better to build off of the UG and Magi with an itrial dedicated to Praetorian Hami, if more itrials are on the radar that is.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm personally in preference of the original defeat Praetorian Hamidon in iTrial approach we were told we were eventually getting back on Live.

Edit: One of the reasons for this is because Tyrant required a full incarnate league to take down, he was every bit as powerful an incarnate when he fought Praetorian Hamidon, and the best he could manage was to plead and bargain with Praetorian Hamidon to give humanity one last chance under Tyrant's leadership to survive. So I have a really hard time seeing non-incarnates as low as level 35 taking Praetorian Hamidon down with just their max of 8 members team.

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Lorewise, Prae-Hami is more than strong enough to solo the Magisterium iTrial with ease.  In fact he was on his way to do exactly that, but we beat him to it.

Seeds are plausible for a TF.  An Avatar might be plausible for a hardmode TF, with some shenanigans to weaken it beforehand.  Prae-Hami himself?  Short of an epic asspull, he's beyond even a full league unless more incarnate slots get opened up.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm sure Praetorian Hami would be some crazy Lovecraftian shit, the kind you'd see it and go insane. Like trying to take on Rularuu in full form, ya just couldn't do it.

I don't think it would ever be a thing just too planetary in scale.

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Hmmm . . . good points about the strength of Praetorian Hamidon. 

What if we have the 35+ TF build up through the Hamidon family to the big bad Hamidon.  Right when you think you've done the impossible, it's revealed that you just defeated  less than 10% of the True Hamidon!  And then that leads to a new Praetorian League sized Event (a la regular Hammy) or I-trial for levels 50+.

EDIT: Or maybe it's a level 35-50 TF but then the Hardmode available at 50+ has you fight Prae Hamidon.  Kinda the way Aeon and ITF work now.

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Thumbs Up 3

This sounds suspiciously like something Dr. Aeon would try to pull off.

• Like 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Honestly, setting aside the strength of the Praetorian Hamidon (which I think is a major issue), this still doesn't sound like it's all that exciting. Fighting the Seed, Avatar, and Hamidon itself would just be recycling fights.

What if the last mission was a desperate fight against Hamidon or his forces where the players try to hold out long enough for Vanguard, Longbow, or Arachnos to evacuate them?

Yeah, I know. No way in hell. Especially since that would also be a forced transition to Primal Earth to stop being a Praetorian. I am curious as to how many would be wiling to face that though. (Edit: Be willing to deal with a mission where you will lose and have to evacuate. Not the go to Primal Earth part.)

Edited by Rudra

Its also a question of when this happens and not just where.  If we defeat praetorian hamidon before tyrant nukes the place then the place wouldnt get nuked.  If we defeat hami after tyrant explodes then there is no city to start the mission and defeats the purpose of filling the praetorian gap to lvl 50.  It may take some timeline intervention to save the city so it can be added to for additional content.

On 9/1/2022 at 3:57 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

One of the frustrating things about Praetoria is that Praetorian characters are hard to get to 50.  I have one that "cheated" by getting the last few levels running missions (not farms) in the Pocket D AE.  Another frustrating thing is that Praetoria doesn't have a single TF or trial.

While the game tries to send you to Primal Earth as either a hero or a villain at level 20, one can choose to go to the Wards and run some fairly well written arcs and some repeatables to get into the late 30s and early 40s.  But then you are kind of stuck.  You could go run the zone events as those critters are "levelless".  But that gets old quick.

Why, though? Just because? The Praetorian alignments are for level 1-20 characters. You can still do that Wards content after choosing to become a hero or villain. This is like someone saying "I hate only being level 2 after the tutorial, can we get some more missions so I can get to level 5 in there without having to grind?" It's counter-logical. If it's frustrating, just play the game as intended instead?

I get that choosing to stay Praetorian until 50 is a weird challenge (I do the same kind of thing badge collecting at low levels), but adding full support (~15 levels of content) for a teensy minority of stubborn/dedicated players seems, well... kinda silly, let's say.

A Praetorian TF at the appropriate level range would speed up progression, encouraging players to skip over all the deeper Praetoria story, i.e., the reason you picked goldside in the first place. Dubious. An endgame TF could be cool, but not if it's limited to Praetorian characters... see my bafflement, above.

My intent is not for it to be limited to only goldside characters.  My thought was that it would start in the Night Ward Midnighter Mansion.

As you mentioned, the Wards are available to all alignments and factions.  But they are also definitely Praetorian; so your statement that "The Praetorian alignments are for level 1-20 characters" is not entirely accurate.  One is able to go from Imperial Underground to the Wards or use any of the Tunnel Portals.

4 hours ago, Completist said:

Why, though?

Why not?

Because.

Goldside has no TF.

Goldside has no meaningful path to level beyond the mid 30s to low 40s.

All sides could use more 35-50 content.

The full story of Praetorian Hamidon has yet to be told.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd love to see a 40-50 story arc about the fall of Praetoria from the inside perspective.  Like, what were all those other characters doing in Praetoria while the Praetors were getting their butts whupped by the incarnates?

But a trial or TF would be very cool as well.  No need to make it Praetorian exclusive, either, The primals are invading anyway, and Hamidon is everybody's problem.

• Like 1

Been in the game and in the community since closed beta in 2004.  Am currently interested in producing and experiencing player-created story content for Praetoria that focuses on the level 40-50 range.
Architect Arc: Praetoria Falls! Book 1: The Evacuation of First Ward  |  Arc ID:  51490  |  Please check it out!  Feedback welcome!

On 9/5/2022 at 1:31 AM, Completist said:

Why, though? Just because? The Praetorian alignments are for level 1-20 characters. You can still do that Wards content after choosing to become a hero or villain. This is like someone saying "I hate only being level 2 after the tutorial, can we get some more missions so I can get to level 5 in there without having to grind?" It's counter-logical. If it's frustrating, just play the game as intended instead?

I get that choosing to stay Praetorian until 50 is a weird challenge (I do the same kind of thing badge collecting at low levels), but adding full support (~15 levels of content) for a teensy minority of stubborn/dedicated players seems, well... kinda silly, let's say.

A Praetorian TF at the appropriate level range would speed up progression, encouraging players to skip over all the deeper Praetoria story, i.e., the reason you picked goldside in the first place. Dubious. An endgame TF could be cool, but not if it's limited to Praetorian characters... see my bafflement, above.

The Praetorian alignments have content all the way to level 40.  That's 4/5ths of the way to max level.  It's frustrating to cut it off there.  What's more, Praetorian content is designed around player choice, and choosing to remain in your homeland and fight to protect it should be an option.  Especially since everybody "back home" seems to forget who you are once you move over to Primal Earth.  (I mean seriously, Michael?  You're on my contact list!  You have a full bar!  You're gonna act like we've never met when I walk up to you in Nova just because I've got a blue star now?)

And top-level praetorian content doesn't have to be Praetorian *exclusive*.

Been in the game and in the community since closed beta in 2004.  Am currently interested in producing and experiencing player-created story content for Praetoria that focuses on the level 40-50 range.
Architect Arc: Praetoria Falls! Book 1: The Evacuation of First Ward  |  Arc ID:  51490  |  Please check it out!  Feedback welcome!