New Travel Mode

Arnabas

I was recently thinking about this too, we have a number of animals already coded into the game, such as wolves, lions, etc.

And can we have these powers merely suppress toggles, not turn them off completely?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 1/9/2023 at 4:03 PM, Arnabas said:

I mean, wolves are in the game already.

I know. having my werewolves change into a coyote form is a bit weird.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 hours ago, Arbegla said:

Doesn't the 'beast run' give you the option to run on all fours, regardless of your costume?

yes, but I get where the OP is coming from. You do run on all fours with beast run, but you move to a two-legged stance as soon as you stop moving.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

The animal form travel powers (coyote & panther?) are very cool. I'd like to see them expanded to other animals we already have the models for (e.g., from the beast mastery -- wolves and lions).

Further, and this is probably the hard part, I'd like them to have basic pose emotes for standing or sitting still, and also a walk mode for when the walk power is enabled.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering Walk suppresses other travel powers? Not likely.

Edit: The only way I could see that working is if instead of a travel power that suppressed your character's powers, it was a full transform like CO has. Where the character is transformed into a different character complete with his/her/its own powers. Since it would be a full transform instead of a travel power, it could include its own walk power.

Edited by Rudra

22 hours ago, Andreah said:

Or perhaps a travel power with a pop-up tray for sit and stand poses, and slow and fast speeds.

IIRC, the various MM wolf pets already have some of their own animations, so it shouldn't be too difficult to port them over to such a power...

*Adds Chicken to the list. Turns player into a chicken. Does a 200% runspeed away from the nearest enemy for 3 seconds when triggered.*

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Why's it gotta be all beasts?  Can we get a flight power that turns us into the hero/villain team transport vehicle?  I mean, not technically transforming into vehicles but implying that the hero is inside piloting the vehicle, sort of like Skyraider bosses.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2023 at 2:03 AM, Player2 said:

Why's it gotta be all beasts?  Can we get a flight power that turns us into the hero/villain team transport vehicle?  I mean, not technically transforming into vehicles but implying that the hero is inside piloting the vehicle, sort of like Skyraider bosses.

That would be much more interesting to me than the OP, tbh. lel

Better yet, can we get a motorcycle travel power? XD

I am given to understand animations are the most difficult part of adding new things to this mess of a game, but I'd be happy with a motorcycle I could ride around on for RP even if it came with Jump Height -9999% like some of the ground powers that stick you to the ground do. Uh, ice slick, I think, or something? Can't jump while in it. Give that same debuff to the motorcycle while you're on it, and now you don't have to make a jump animation XD

On 1/11/2023 at 6:18 PM, Greycat said:

*Adds Chicken to the list. Turns player into a chicken. Does a 200% runspeed away from the nearest enemy for 3 seconds when triggered.*

It would be pretty easy to get some recording of a chicken squawk too to add to that. 

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

15 hours ago, Aida LaCanthe said:

That would be much more interesting to me than the OP, tbh. lel

Better yet, can we get a motorcycle travel power? XD

Land vehicles are more problematic because of the way the game treats movement.  We would be able to strafe left and right without the wheels reacting accordingly, so... chances of a motorcycle happening are slim to none.  I would love to see the motorcycle (used in one of the Thugs MM summons) without the wheels and given little rockets to explain the levitation, and we can have bikes like DC's Lobo or the 90s Avengers skycycles.

On 1/13/2023 at 4:03 AM, Player2 said:

I always thought they could do this with motorcycles. All they have to do, really, is create your character sitting on a bike. Not very animation-intensive.

11 minutes ago, Arnabas said:

I always thought they could do this with motorcycles. All they have to do, really, is create your character sitting on a bike. Not very animation-intensive.

Motorcycles would require more than just that given how characters move and how motorcycles don't. I would love to have vehicle type options in the game including motorcycles, but cars and motorcycles don't have lateral movement capability. How about speederbikes like from Star Wars or grav bikes like from CO?

• Thumbs Up 1