Base Style Poll

Dacy

Base Style Options  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What style option would you favor if it was to be added to the style options for bases?

• Arachnos: Moar Redside stuff!
    • Ritki: Because we don't have enough alien design things!
    • Praetorian Office: Cool walls and floors? Count me in!
    • Praetorian Tech:: Because I want ALL the tech stuff!

• Community Rep

Okay, folks! We did a poll about changes you'd like to see in the editor, how about a poll to see if there is another style you'd like to see presented in the base itself? Like tech, arcane, sewer, etc, style choices affect how the base walls, floor, ceiling, and trim looks. So, if you had to choose from four styles: Arachnos, Ritki, Praetorian Office or Praetorian Tech, what would you favor?

-Dacy

How about stone walls, ceilings, and floors that match the stone blocks available under arcane? So added walls and floors can actually match the base style. Arcane and ancient base styles aren't even close in appearance.

Barring that? Some actual office options would be nice.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Dacy said:

So, if you had to choose from four styles: Arachnos, Ritki, Praetorian Office or Praetorian Tech, what would you favor?

None of the above.

• Thumbs Up 3

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Of them, Praetorian Office is probably the most flexible. I have very few that could use the dark metal techy Arachnos, and while I have aliens, the Rikti aesthetic doesn't really fit them. PraeTech is probably second place. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• Naomi pinned this topic
On 1/20/2023 at 3:43 AM, Rudra said:

How about stone walls, ceilings, and floors that match the stone blocks available under arcane? So added walls and floors can actually match the base style. Arcane and ancient base styles aren't even close in appearance.

Barring that? Some actual office options would be nice.

Here, here! *claps*

• Community Rep
1 hour ago, Etched said:

I'd be happy with Windows from any of those. Kinda limited in that section

And limited in doors, floors, walls, roofing…there are no door frames, wall pieces for framing windows and doors, or ceilings or triangles suitable for gables. Walls are huge, wide, and thick. For requests for base improvements, there is another poll (tho the one pinned is one of two I put up, the other is AWOL). Feel free to ask for things there. The hope is that they will see what we care about, and respond. 😊

-Dacy

• 2 weeks later

None of the above.

Snow and ice. Trees without leaves. Ice surfaces to slide on. Snowmen. Ice crystals. Icicles. Buildings and signs with snow on them.

Artwork exists for some of these things, but we can’t do ice bases for our cold-using characters or our Hoth Rebel Base cosplay.

Edited by MHertz
  • Thumbs Up 2

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

• 3 weeks later

This is probably a wish too far but I'd love to be able to have furnishings and tech stuff that resembles 50s style and TV series, the funky shapes, the stick drawings, the line patterns, legs splayed wide apart with cute brass feet (and that's just the coffee table, not an arch villain)

I do love the new Praetorian designs but I'd love something a bit more unique for base styles

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

• 1 month later
On 2/20/2023 at 8:56 PM, Scarlet Shocker said:

This is probably a wish too far but I'd love to be able to have furnishings and tech stuff that resembles 50s style and TV series, the funky shapes, the stick drawings, the line patterns, legs splayed wide apart with cute brass feet (and that's just the coffee table, not an arch villain)

I do love the new Praetorian designs but I'd love something a bit more unique for base styles

Coming very late to this discussion, but I agree with this thought. That whole decade's cultural styles:  Mid-Century Modern, Populuxe, Ray Gun Gothic, and Googie (both architecture and furnishings would be very appealing.  In fact, I've literally got my Populuxe style manual by my side on my Mid-Century Modern chair as I type.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

While I'd love more Praetorian stuff, what I really want/need are stand-alone walls and edging that matches the base editor designs like Arcane, Tech, Sewer, etc. It would make it easier to block off a large room into smaller ones, like on a ship (space or sailing) or an apartment complex. We only have a few actual walls, and none really work for higher tech areas, and they don't match well with the base/room design (brick walls do not match the brick of room design).

I'd also love cave walls instead of massive rocks. Maybe even just cave tunnel pieces (Orenbega, Council, and layer cake caves).

• Like 3

"WHAT DID SHE TAKE?!"

"The secure laptop in the lab. A prototype plasma hand cannon. Four quantum grenades, a phase field generator, a handful of tracking devices, Rauth's briefcase, body armor, a satellite phone, two SSDs, a Beretta 9mm, and my lunch."

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later
  • 6 months later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

If looking at offices, why not stuff (like windows) from the Khalisti Wharf office maps in AE? 

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

• 3 weeks later

Something that I've wanted to see since back on Live was another skin type for the mission maps that would fit better to the style of the Nemesis villain group -- polished wood, leather, and brass, with a variant set of more  'steampunk' hardware, larger and full of pipework, so that Nemesis bases could look more like something that would fit Nemesis' style. Now, I'm not suggesting something like the Crossness Pumping Station:

spacer.png

However, massive brass and iron machinery with piping and handwheels, jets of steam, and other 'archaic' visuals would create an ambience quite different from just another sterile modern lab with widely scattered high-tech equipment in it, and one more in keeping with the 'Nemesis esthetic'. Then, once all of the textures and objects have been created and debugged, they could be translated into a new set of styles and objects for base building, and we could have bases with items looking more like this:

spacer.png