1000 Paragon Police....really? 1,000?

Snarky

I am standing up my new project, a Dark Dark Tank.  I just got all the location badges and plaques.  yeesh.  

So, now I am working on Force of Nature.  Got all the badges except...Outlaw.  120 Police to my credit.  Sigh.  Is there any place to find these guys except bank missions?  I've played Red a long time and most of the uniforms in standard missions are private security or RIP.

Any idea or do you just farm bank missions?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BazookaTwo said:

Maybe goldside? Congrats on the Dark Tank. 

i don't think so.  the mob type is:

Paragon Police Department
Under the command of Chief Conrad Bochco, the Paragon Police Department, or the “blue shield” as they are often called, has a long established history in Paragon City.

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

I would think farming Bank Missions would be equally efficient to finding another source.  I know that the Morality mission for vigilantes where you break into the Brickstown prison has a ton of PPD, if those higher level subgroups count for the badge.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

It's kind of sad that they put a bounty of 1000 for a hard-to-find-on-the-streets type, yet post only a 200 500 bounty on Skulls (blue side) that are abundantly available to street fighting.  (EDIT to correct the number of Skulls.)

Side note: this is the first time I can recall hearing the name of Chief Conrad Bochco. 

Edited by Techwright
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

I am standing up my new project, a Dark Dark Tank.  I just got all the location badges and plaques.  yeesh.  

So, now I am working on Force of Nature.  Got all the badges except...Outlaw.  120 Police to my credit.  Sigh.  Is there any place to find these guys except bank missions?  I've played Red a long time and most of the uniforms in standard missions are private security or RIP.

What epic power pool did you pick for them?

I almost always have that badge unlocked from Mayhem Missions. IIRC the 45-50 mission set in PI will be chock full of Paragon Police if set to x8. They will be kheldians, so fun times. There are large spawns of them hovering above the skyscrapers.

The incarnate contact Max's first mission is all PPD.  These will be incarnate mobs with higher to-hit and -def to go along with it, so make sure you can take a punch if you up the spawn size significantly.

This badge and the Villain badge (1,000 Longbow) seem imposing but I've been with a group where did a good number of mayhems together and with all the ambushes that ensue, you can get both badges surprisingly quick.

Bottom line, if I'm lvl 50 looking to get as many PPD as quickly as possible I'd do the Max mission.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rahabina said:

What epic power pool did you pick for them?

Energy Mastery. The Endurance issues on Dark Dark are real.  I have it hard fixed for 98% content but if you get drained (not as bad) or end rec nerfed (omfg) the ability to just click “ I dont need end” is priceless 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shadow said:

Steven Bochco co-created Hill Street Blues, L.A. Law, and NYPD Blue. I wonder who Conrad (likely) is a reference to.

My instinctive guess is William Conrad, he played a bunch of cops/private detectives over the years.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Terminator badge is for 1000 civilians in Mayhem missions, might as well work on both at the same time.  I did the level 50 one set to -1/8 and used Ion Judgement to my heart's content.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

10 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Try Mr. G (primal).  You get him from Inside Information redside 30+ in Grandville, and Sweeps Week part 2 is your huckleberry.

1st run went from 159 defeated to 634!  (this took a while, on a Dark Dark Tank lol)  

The greatest thing about this is every mob counts.  Not having to deal with endless LB spawns really helps thanks.  One more cup of coffee and I am back in to finish up.

On 4/11/2023 at 12:15 AM, Snarky said:

If you go to Striga, at the base of the mountain where Council Vampire spawn at night, there's a donut shop where Paragon Police spawn during the day.

• Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 4/11/2023 at 9:43 AM, Hedgefund said:

The incarnate contact Max's first mission is all PPD.  These will be incarnate mobs with higher to-hit and -def to go along with it, so make sure you can take a punch if you up the spawn size significantly.

Bottom line, if I'm lvl 50 looking to get as many PPD as quickly as possible I'd do the Max mission.

I happened to be running through the DA arcs today and got to Max.  I decided to "max" (HA!) out the spawn size to see how many I could get in one run.  

The answer may surprise you...

ZERO!  Zip, zilch, nada.  No progress whatsoever.  So do not heed my advice above. Do NOT use Max's PPD mission to farm PPD for Outlaw.

See 

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2023 at 9:03 AM, Tiger Shadow said:

Steven Bochco co-created Hill Street Blues, L.A. Law, and NYPD Blue. I wonder who Conrad (likely) is a reference to.

My first guess is Michael Conrad, who on Hills Street Blues played Sergeant Phil Esterhaus - the tough but lovable desk sergeant who always ended his morning briefings with "Let's be careful out there."

Edited by Mister Mass
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

29 minutes ago, Jimpy2 said:

Bank missions or the vigilante morality mission to break Blast Furnace out of the zig. With the bank missions you also get a chance to kill the pesky citizens and you need 1000 of them too

need sounds so....needy.  I got a nice accolade power when i destroyed the cops.  Which, as pointed out upthread, was so much easier with no Longbow or other distractions.  As a Tank with limited damage dealing capabilities, it is important to focus.

The citizens badge will happen.  I am in no rush on that one since it is just a random difficult to grab badge. All my other mayhem badges are complete. I have 150 or so citizens.  

On 4/13/2023 at 8:15 PM, Snarky said:

need sounds so....needy.  I got a nice accolade power when i destroyed the cops.  Which, as pointed out upthread, was so much easier with no Longbow or other distractions.  As a Tank with limited damage dealing capabilities, it is important to focus.

The citizens badge will happen.  I am in no rush on that one since it is just a random difficult to grab badge. All my other mayhem badges are complete. I have 150 or so citizens.  

Only one of my toons has the badge for citizens, she has 5 or so AOEs. She also has the contacts for both mayhem and safeguard missions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Jimpy2 said:

Only one of my toons has the badge for citizens, she has 5 or so AOEs. She also has the contacts for both mayhem and safeguard missions. 

Citizens are tough.  Once in a great while you will see a Mayhem kill everyone pug form up.  Get a decent number there usually.  But the damn things flee immediately.  Stun and hand grenade from p2w help… but a thousand citizens is a long haul

I've always thought that having Kheldians as members of the PPD very odd - doubly so when we have posters warning us to keep alert for strange beings in the city and the city itself is populated by registered heroes. Aside from the obvious question: Where the bloody hell do they all come from? (My understanding is they are meant to be somewhat rare as a species) it strikes me that a far better solution would be to hand the super-power policing element to Hero Corps - since their current role in game seems to be Hero Corpse - and keeping the policing of Paragon to humans. I see no way that the city council, beset by alien attacks from all sides would entrust the safety of the entire city financial system to another bunch of aliens.

Except and unless Kheldians are used by PPD in a similar way to how conventional police use dogs.

• Like 1

A friend asked me if I knew any Motown puns. I told him I know two or three, maybe four, tops!