Sigh. I quit another TF.

Snarky

I take full responsibility for my actions.  But this was not my fault.  Come, listen to my sad tale of woe...

So I try for ten minutes to drum up interest in the weekly Justin.  No takers.  Sulk.

Then I see an all Tanker ITF.  Thats all it said.  Maybe, further up there were a thousand ads that gave details.  This just said "all Tank ITF 6/8, prefer 50s."  I zoned and joined.

We roll in and a couple people were also...confused.  We had no incarnate powers and the mobs were +4 and there was a "no death" icon.

I'm like. "Is this a master?"

"Yes"

"Cool, i need this badge!"  8 tanks, we got this.  Although +4 seems slow, whatever.

We get through the first mission, somewhat slowly.  I am the only teammate (I saw) killing surgeons and engineers.  

We get to the big fight by the altar.  The leader folds like its laundry day.  followed by one or two others.  The leader stays on the floor.  For a while...

I keep killing surgeons and doing my thing.  Dark Dark is hard to put down built right, although the debuff to the recharge was painful.  

During my long downtime from having no powers to activate I ask "Are we restarting at +0 and getting out badge?"  various responses, even from the leader, all seem positive.

Then we complete the mission and they al head off to the 2nd mission.  Still having that confused and confusing conversation.

I could not help it.  I cannot surround myself with that much stupidity.  i can't.  It makes the bad things happen.  Again.  and again.  and one more time.

And I went back to my base and posted this lament.  Time to study more German I guess.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

I got kicked by a leader a couple of days ago because I said it was “a bit much” for them to say “wait bitch” before we entered a mission. I’m feeling the PuG life recently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

oh, id imagine most would have been pissed; 'wait bitch' is exceptionally rude, when you consider the speaker doesn't know their target from Adam.

ive met one recently whos tolerable, but that the party all follows around gently because they demand 'i take point! all mobs die!'  -- i find myself leaving after a couple of missions, as its exhausting to perform for their liking, and im not being paid.

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I might know who you’re talking about, if we’re on the same server. As I get older I’m defo finding the “add note” function to be very helpful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

24 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

I think I might know who you’re talking about, if we’re on the same server. As I get older I’m defo finding the “add note” function to be very helpful.

excelsior! 

i think some forget that were not in the 2000s anymore, and this isnt WoW max tox is pog / poggy / atogatog(y)(?).

you dont have exclusion pressure in game with anything other than 'i'll do shouts for team members, so i make rules', no one can gate your loot or progression effectively with farm solo and ah packs, and merit recipes.

so theres not a way to establish an expectation of performance (or a behavior based on leader predilection in this case) that ties to realized gain. i.e. being nasty doesnt move numbers, it just gets in the way of a good time.

hint: no one gives a shit if you wanna take point with SOs, we'll be polite for a bit, gingerly follow, and sweep excessively for stragglers after mission completion, but... it feels like the person's enjoying the wnforcing of the rules, rather than having valid reason for them, and that disjoint is tiring in the team members head.

it sounds as if im complaining about a person who REALLY wants to 'take point'. ya, its fine until they start on on someone who clicked a door without permission.

spacer.png

Edited by honoroit
extension of diatribe
  • Haha 2

I was on a kill most ITF yesterday with the team being a corrupter (the leader), a mastermind,  a blaster, 3 controllers , a dominator and me on my main (a brute). First mission in and the leader suddenly calls for mobs to be herded for nuking purposes. Cool, no problem. I start pulling a group along to another and suddenly notice that I can't see myself for all the angry guys swarming me. Again, no problem, I can handle it...but where was the boom? I was promised an earth shattering boom.

Turns out everyone was chicken with their head offing it, blasting anything (except the horde I had) that moves. Ok. Finish my mob, catch up and try again. Aaaand it's just a repeating cycle with the leader just as guilty as the rest.  Fine.

We get to the mission with the dark crystals and it's destroy, on to the next without a worry. Except I saw the incoming ambush and intercepted it. While I'm finishing off a cyclops, here comes another ambush. Then another. I then wondered if further in the cave, someone was wondering where the ambushes were.  The blaster (I could hear the dual pistols) and eventually someone else (couldn't see, angry dudes in togas and armor everywhere)  came back to help during the second ambush.  One said in Local "Hold the door!", which made me chuckle.

My story's nowhere near as bad as Snarkys is,  but I did stick it out, got my double merits, money and Incarnate fixins. Plus, like Snarky, I came out with a good story...and I love a good story.

Edited by Skyhawke
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

32 minutes ago, honoroit said:

excelsior! 

I am about 80% sure I know the person but I won’t go into details.

I’ve definitely found more people are rage-quitting than I ever remembered. One face-plant on a lvl 22 dom SK’d up and then they’re off. Must be something in the water.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sheesh. It’s stories like these that keep me building for worst case scenarios.

Only thing remotely close to this I’ve had lately is a Brickstown mission leveling team advertised only as “any level welcome”. Leader was level appropriate for zone. Join with the team already in mission. Zone in - everyone’s on the floor, +4s all around, each bitching at each other to port to hospital with no one leaving. Scan leader - no set bonuses. *backs out slowly, whistling* Momma didn’t raise a quitter and it ain’t quittin’ if you don’t start. 

• Haha 10

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Not the same sit as Snark, but ran on a story mish team yesterday. Leader was very deliberate about instructions: Stay together. We clear all mobs. Don't enter before everyone's ready. This was consistent throughout all mishes. And it was VERY important we follow to the letter. EX: Two peeps go in before everyone else. Leader: Why are they inside? 

They come out, apologize for their great sin, etc. etc. On we go.

About story mish #3, we're clearing mobs on the parking lot map (so old-school farm grindy...). We knock out what looked like all of it, so I buzz over to the parking lot to examine the upper level, report back. While I'm doing this, the rest of group finds a couple groups we missed. I report about the parking lot: Couple mobs here, then head back to help with the mobs they're on. Leader's reply to my report: I said we were finishing there.

I'm thinking, Well, fuck me. Our lord and savior spoke and I missed it. (I'm STILL wishing I had sent that in team chat, but I thought better of it, bc hypocrisy, not worth it, etc.)

Stayed with group till mish was done, then bolted. Thing is, I'm pretty sure I've run with this I done tol' you once! mannerless douche bag before. Shame on me for not recognizing you, asshole.:-/

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Dusted off my Warshade a day or two ago. Now, I haven't played this character for literally over a year.

I get into a group and begin MOTHERFUCKING WARSHADE-ing. Quasars! Boom! Nova form! Kaplow! Zip! Dark extraction! Double mire! Biff! You know, normal stuff.

"Umm could we not knockback the enemies? Thanks!" Said the leader.

Knowing it was me, I just left. I'll just leave the warshade shelved.. knockback just isn't acceptable I guess. Maybe one day all knockback powers can be knockdown or something =/

• Sad 3

The "player note" feature is super helpful.  

+4 Mo run is lolz.  I would have left as well.  I once joined what was advertised as an all-archery speed ITF, only for leader to surprise us all with +4, 1-star settings as well.  The team was all corrupters and defenders with either archery, trick arrow, or both, and I believe 1 archery blaster.  We gave up on the 2nd mission.  If you're running with your usual group of friendly hooligans, you can get by without detailing every step, but PuGs need some communication to work.  Communication not being the same as micromanagement.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

9 minutes ago, Yaliw said:

Dusted off my Warshade a day or two ago. <snip>

I get into a group and begin MOTHERFUCKING WARSHADE-ing. Quasars! Boom! Nova form! Kaplow! Zip! Dark extraction! Double mire! Biff! You know, normal stuff.

I had a face-planted leader tell me, when on my surviving PB, that they “were the tank - I should let them take the aggro”. So I intentionally let them, stood back, and mopped up where I could. People don’t get us aliens.

• Haha 2

Snarky and me after a TF goes sideways

Snarky and Catsi: Gloom Despair and Agony on me

Deep dark depression, excessive misery

IF it werent for bad luck wed have no luck at all

Gloom Despair and agony on me

Snarky: We started up a TF and called for heroes for daring do

Catsi: and they came to join us in ones and twos

Snarky: Half way through the task force the wheel began to come off

Catsi:  because we didnt know that 1s and 2s were the ages of those we were playing with

Snarky and Catsi: Gloom Despair and Agony on me

Deep dark depression, excessive misery

IF it werent for bad luck wed have no luck at all

Gloom Despair and agony on me

Snarky and Catsi: WAAAAAAAHHHH 😭😭😭

Edited by catsi563
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

I tend to be pretty laissez-faire about PUGs even more so.   Most of the time, I try to join one with other SG mates that are on voice, so we can discuss stuff which makes even the terrible ones fun. 

I do need to start running more TFs.   ITFs depending on content of the team, will go +2-+4.  Most other stuff is base, but will query if needed.

So far my favorite was someone being very wordy in their instructions and how important it was to listen to them, then they went to the wrong door before a mission and was complaining how buggy stuff was.  I eventually left the mission when he mentioned needing to restart the TF and saw them in front of a different door.   That at least solved that one.

And yes, notes are very handy for this...

• Haha 2

Starts Numina Task Force, promotes it as a 'Smash and Bash KM Speed'

Player 5 joins asks for invite, joins team, see the banner go out several more times in LFG to fill.

Before even starting the TF, declare again conditions and settings will be 0/+1 max for efficiency and fun times.

Team completes first mission, Player 5: "If we're not going to do this at a tougher setting, I'm not going to do this."

Team completes second mission, Player 5: "This doesn't challenge my character." Quits TF.

Me: "...?"

Running a mission arc team for the third day in a row, Blaster joins up and becomes overly concerned about the team not following a Tank.

"Who's the Tank, why don't we have a Tank?!"

Now when I run a team, I don't require rank and file. My assumption is always 100% that whatever task at whatever setting that I am responsible for, I can solo and everyone else is along for the ride. I will not put undue stress onto a team just to fill some illusion of power that some get when 'leading'. I had been touring a team through a mission arc over several days (half dozen units a night roughly) with a pretty varying array of enemy groups folks tend to skip/avoid/never see in Radios. I am always clear that if anyone ever feels they're struggling to speak out, and if they feel they need to run back from combat to stay alive, then do so. This is my barbecue, I'm responsible for the fire.

We hit a map with a hard hitting mixture of exotics and serious debuffs that took down the few sub-40's, none had actually complained except one person who became avid and livid about folks suddenly biting the dust to the point they stepped out of the mission and threatened to quit saying it was impossible to complete.

I told 'em to go ahead and leave and that everyone else could take 10 while I cleared the map.

Joined a Positron Part 1 about a month ago back now, 0 difficulty, just as normal a run as anyone could want to expect, however the further in we go the weirder the team lead got about each mission, how we were approaching enemy groups, our speed/efficiency. By the time we got to the last mission they wildly ran through the map to each hostage and then demanded everyone join them on the dome of City Hall without clearing any of the ground forces below and instantly triggered the ambush in the process. The team never even managed to get in one spot before it was a total wipe out.

The team lead: "God this is why I don't do PUGs, you're all so stupid." Quits TF.

The other seven of us stayed and completed the TF. We even went so far as to clear the entire last map trying to clear the ambush unable to get the TF to progress only to find out that because the ambush triggered with someone on the Dome and folks flying upwards, it sent CoT to the top of the sky box and we had to have a GM bring them down because we honestly couldn't find the buggers.

Something I see pop up a few too many times this last few months:

Sees a shout out for [insert teamage], sends a /tell to the individual.

Gets no response...

Sends another message, "Hey, going to invite me?"

Broadcaster: "You weren't in the zone so I didn't know how to invite you, teams full."

Me: "...?!?!"

8 hours ago, Yaliw said:

Knowing it was me, I just left. I'll just leave the warshade shelved.. knockback just isn't acceptable I guess.

You're always welcome to join up with my Storm/Nrg, we'll race to see who gets to the next spawn first 😄

16 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

i love these threads - you sure know how to find the ultimate PuGs haha

Snarky's secretly going to be on the next season of "How To Get Rich" talk about his "Rich Life" being "no more PuGs!!!" It'll be emotional, a real tear-jerker moment.

image.png.06e6d88a5e887246f776a6f78b740b57.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Yaliw said:

"Umm could we not knockback the enemies? Thanks!" Said the leader.

Knowing it was me, I just left. I'll just leave the warshade shelved.. knockback just isn't acceptable I guess.

This is a shame.

This means that I've failed in my duties as Grand High Poobah of the Church of the Almighty Combat Teleport!

Have I not evangelized enough regarding the greatness that is BAMF!Melee?

Hear me out gang; Combat Teleport > Friendly Knockback.

Kick 'em wherever you want, I'll be in their face in 0.3s. 🍻

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.