Storm!

User

27 minutes ago, electric_emu said:

From noodling with it on beta, I like it best on Sentinels.  Was thinking Storm/Fire or Storm/Bio.  Not sure yet and won't be able to play until later (why did they have to release it on such a busy day lol).

Right? 😂

What makes you like it most on Sents?

11 minutes ago, BuiltDifferent5 said:

Right? 😂

What makes you like it most on Sents?

The set encourages aggressive use of its own powers to get Storm Cell procs.  Sentinels secondaries are much more passive than the others, allowing them to focus on making the most of SC's procs.  Additionally, the SC procs, they way Cat 5 works, and the chain AoE make the lower Sentinel target caps much less noticeable than on other blast sets.

• Like 2

It's a very defensive blast set and puts out a lot of aoe tohit debuffs and aoe soft controls. As such I'm leaning toward offense based secondaries. I have 3 pairings that I'm contemplating

-storm/kin/psy corruptor. Fulcrum used before storm cell/cat 5 can buff them for the majority of the time you have them up. I ran this in the beta and I liked it.

-storm/sonic blapper. Less focus on maximizing storm cells damage, rather just enough to keep the debuffs active while I blap

-storm/fire sentinel. Perma cat 5, burn, phenoix nukes. Yes less targets on some of the powers, but I don't think it will matter much in actual play with the way Cat 5 functions. Should be very robust and still drop spawns well.

3 hours ago, User said:

How are you planning to play the new storm blast? I'm thinking I'll go cliche and roll the storm/storm corrupter, but there are so many options!

I'm leaning toward a storm/ninjitsu sentinel.  An ice/storm or ff/storm defender could be interesting, though... 

Hmmm… first thought is either a storm/stone sentinel (ATLAB inspired) or TA/Storm defender (apparently along with @KaizenSoze). But these characters need to get in the back of the line. So many alts, so very many alts…

edit - were a stormX2 in the cards, would go defender for the variety (I have so few). But now I’m wondering what DARK to pair it with.

Edited by Nyghtmaire

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

1 hour ago, electric_emu said:

The set encourages aggressive use of its own powers to get Storm Cell procs.  Sentinels secondaries are much more passive than the others, allowing them to focus on making the most of SC's procs.  Additionally, the SC procs, they way Cat 5 works, and the chain AoE make the lower Sentinel target caps much less noticeable than on other blast sets.

I could see Storm/Elec being nice for End Drain. You mentioned Bio and Fire for secondary… what other secondaries do you feel pair well with it?

maybe... storm mental blaster. prolly psi/mental also/instead.

storm/ya probably mental, because my plans for elec affinity were RUINED

I dont know what a 'mad king' build is, but i am one.

so:

All embrace me
It’s my time to rule at last
Fifteen years have I been waiting
To sit upon my throne

thats the character concept. like joffrey or that guy who feeds people to dogs levels of maltempers. he became terribly ill, experienced 'visions', went quite mad, found zealot's faith, and woke in a dream of Paragon.

Storm/Cold Corruptor seems like a nice match with Sleet being thrown in first and then Storm slowing things who are trying to move away from Sleet. Plus other than some largely fire and forget buffs and some debuffs only needed for tougher targets Cold is mostly just to throw Sleet which allows going ham with Storm.

That said Storm/Bio Sent for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Storm/Cold Corruptor seems like a nice match with Sleet being thrown in first and then Storm slowing things who are trying to move away from Sleet. Plus other than some largely fire and forget buffs and some debuffs only needed for tougher targets Cold is mostly just to throw Sleet which allows going ham with Storm.

That said Storm/Bio Sent for me.

1. Sov, it makes me happy to see you! I know you’re still on the boards, but just got a smile when I saw you reply to this.

2. I’ve ran a Water/Cold Corruptor, so I was thinking the Storm would pair nicely with Cold as well. I could see it pairing decently with Time as another option.

3. It seems like Storm Blast might pair well on a Sent. It needs to ramp up its damage, so having a sturdy secondary to keep you alive while it does that is nice. What about /Bio makes you want to do that pairing?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, StriderIV said:

1. Sov, it makes me happy to see you! I know you’re still on the boards, but just got a smile when I saw you reply to this.

2. I’ve ran a Water/Cold Corruptor, so I was thinking the Storm would pair nicely with Cold as well. I could see it pairing decently with Time as another option.

3. It seems like Storm Blast might pair well on a Sent. It needs to ramp up its damage, so having a sturdy secondary to keep you alive while it does that is nice. What about /Bio makes you want to do that pairing?

Good to see you're still around as well, mate, and, well, the damage 😄 Though part of what makes Bio appealing is a bit lost on Storm since the pseudo pets don't fully inherit Bio's extra crunch. But I find no reason to skip on extra damage when Bio is perfectly sturdy on a Sentinel to tackle on most things.

Because of this I might consider Stone Armor skinned to look like ice just for some extra recharge and Brimstone, but Storm is endurance hungry and Bio has the tools for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Good to see you're still around as well, mate, and, well, the damage 😄 Though part of what makes Bio appealing is a bit lost on Storm since the pseudo pets don't fully inherit Bio's extra crunch. But I find no reason to skip on extra damage when Bio is perfectly sturdy on a Sentinel to tackle on most things.

Because of this I might consider Stone Armor skinned to look like ice just for some extra recharge and Brimstone, but Storm is endurance hungry and Bio has the tools for that.

Storm did read end heavy to me as well. Could see any of the secondary sets with good end management tools going well.

I think Storm/Dark could be cool aesthetically, but it’d be a masochist pairing 😂

1 minute ago, StriderIV said:

Storm did read end heavy to me as well. Could see any of the secondary sets with good end management tools going well.

I think Storm/Dark could be cool aesthetically, but it’d be a masochist pairing 😂

That said Tar Trap + Storm Cell are a good pairing.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've created a few like everyone else, but so far I'm really digging my 2 defenders:

Dr. Weather - Force Field/Storm blast

Poisonous Cloud - Poison/Storm Blast

I really like to play really aggressive with poison and that works out really well with storm since I didn't take Jet Stream (blasphemy maybe.. I've been repsecing out of it on most of my builds).

It's taken a bit to find a grove with storm blast, but now that I've found a playstyle that works for me I'm loving it.  The animations are awesome..I just wish Storm Cell was a little faster.  With the poison defender I treat it like an aura where I drop it and get right in the middle with noxious gas running and unload with debuffs and storm procing attacks.

It's a lot of fun!

• Like 2