Camping Adamastor

41 minutes ago, Rudra said:

That at least means they, though most likely (s)he, is active rather than just AFK'ing it.

Weird thing (to me) is they never tried to move.  Just let the WS bump them until they finally fell -  which took about 2 minutes on each camper.

52 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Weird thing (to me) is they never tried to move.  Just let the WS bump them until they finally fell -  which took about 2 minutes on each camper.

When I'm waiting on something to happen, I'm usually on a different screen/window working on something else while I wait. So things like that tend to happen to me occasionally. I tab back, find myself not where I expected, what I'm waiting for hasn't started, so I reposition to get back to where I was and go back to whatever else I am doing while I wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Imagine camping Admastor with Group Fly running! There would be riots in the streets of Paragon!

You've just given me my flounce when I decide I've had enough of this game.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You've just given me my flounce when I decide I've had enough of this game.

i had to look that up..

spacer.png

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Solution:

Congratulations on Summoning Adamastor.

Let the Hunt begin.....

Go!

Go find him!

4 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Solution:

Let the Hunt begin.....

Go!

Go find him!

Oh my god please this

A reason to explore an old zone? Sounds good to me.

Solution:

Let the Hunt begin.....

Go!

Go find him!

targetcustomnext "adamastor".  It would eliminate the camping, sure, but so would any of the myriad of solutions proposed in this thread.  I wonder if they could have the summoning ritual open a portal, which you then have to interact with, to be taken to a small instance of the raised stone area where you actually fight him...

38 minutes ago, biostem said:

targetcustomnext "adamastor".  It would eliminate the camping, sure, but so would any of the myriad of solutions proposed in this thread.  I wonder if they could have the summoning ritual open a portal, which you then have to interact with, to be taken to a small instance of the raised stone area where you actually fight him...

I did not say he would be summoned in the zone ......

• Haha 1

/e poofgone

9 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:
11 hours ago, JasperStone said:

Solution:

Let the Hunt begin.....

Go!

Go find him!

Oh my god please this

Could be perhaps that the affect of 'summoning' Adamastor, tp's those in the party to an instanced map to fight Adamastor?

Edited by Oubliette_Red
Becasue I can't type a single sentence without a typo.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

44 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Cold be perhaps that the affect of 'summoning' Adamastor, tp's those in the party to an instanced map to fight Adamastor?

Only issue there is that it'd have to be extended to the league, and it really shouldn't be required that you be on the team or league that directly summoned him, (unless, perhaps, they could divorce the timer from being something global, and instead tie it to each individual player instead).

Edited by biostem

41 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Cold be perhaps that the affect of 'summoning' Adamastor, tp's those in the party to an instanced map to fight Adamastor?

A portal to the instance where he is like someone said earlier in the thread would work better. That way those that want to fight him aren't locked out for not being on the team, while AFK'ers would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

huh?

This post isn’t for you. It is for the 40 other people that have responded, and understood, the question over the last month. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 8/25/2023 at 3:22 PM, Rudra said:

A portal to the instance where he is like someone said earlier in the thread would work better. That way those that want to fight him aren't locked out for not being on the team, while AFK'ers would be.

Perhaps, when you use the summoning ritual, it teleports (with a confirmation dialog) everyone on the top of the platform to an instanced map where you have Adamastor and raid-grade (i.e., levelless) BP, after the manner of the Lord Winter mission. Any AFK characters would have the prompt time out and not be transported to the instance. It would also let the Adamastor encounter be tweaked to make it more complex than just a massive five-second beat down.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later

As one of the campers, I'd like to give my perspective even if the thread is a little old now. I know that some must feel some since of unfairness that some people are sometimes AFK and getting rewards. I hope if you feel hurt by our presence that you can understand that what seems like deviant and game-breaking behavior is a temporary way to stay in the game earning some rewards while chatting and doing other things in RL. I've known people "AFK" farming in AE missions doing much the same thing, chatting, walking away from the game, going to sleep and coming back the next day.

The current stage in our lives right now is that we don't have a lot of free time to actively play. That won't last forever. However, we can keep the game up in the background and pop in when we want to procrastinate or have some free time. We also do still actively play, although typically on different schedules.

As far as I can tell, we are not violating the code of conduct or terms of service for the game. If a GM comes and says it's unacceptable behavior, we would stop. For example, we use no scripts or programs to automate gameplay. Yes, we can stay logged in the game for extended periods of time, but we have people doing that in Ouro, SG bases, AE missions, and other places as well.

And when we are around and in Echo:DA, we do often announce in LFG chat (or someone else that's in zone does) to give people a heads-up.  If people are asking for invites, we (and others that are "AFK") usually invite them to a team.  We don't usually blind invite, but if someone posted in /b, /l, etc for a team and is unteamed in search window results, we'll invite them. We recognize that there will be some people that are specifically looking for the badge. We're badgers as well and if we're around we'll invite to a team to help ensure you get sufficient credit.

We've played the game on live since Beta and are happy to be back again. Most of our characters were made back in 2019 and usually vet level 100+. They didn't get that way from AFK farming Adamastor. They've been around over 4 years. Our characters have over 1500 badges. We've played this game plenty and helped with donations, trials, task forces, badges, missions, gifting money and rewards, and general information.

Yes, we can get rewards for doing nothing in Echo:DA (or we can be more active when we want to help turn the tide, speed up the take-down, or take out a Kronos or Zombie invasion).  When someone else (since it's usually not us) spawns Adamastor, our MMs will attack. Basically, that means in the best case scenario about 6 merits per 60+ minutes. We can definitely earn more merit rewards and faster when we're active (Hami raids, TinPex, WSTs, Monster Hunts, etc) and we do. 

As some have noticed, when they tried to push us off ledges or do some other similar behavior, we jumped back on the platforms.  There's a reason, we aren't actually always AFK. Sure, maybe at 3am we might be. Other times, however, we're chatting or doing something else, responding to people in Help or General chat, etc.

I hope this gives you a little perspective even if you don't agree with what we're doing. Some kindness, acceptance, and tolerance can go a long way, though. We're all real people in real life, enjoying a game that we love in different ways at different times.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

@yzdragel

Wonderful story, but I don’t see where you address the complaint some players have.

That the camping MMS kill Ada so fast, they don’t have the opportunity to earn the badge.

Let me take a guess - you have your precious 1500 badges, so you don’t care?

Funny you’re asking for acceptance and kindness - how about having a little in return

Edited by Ghost
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, yzdragel said:

We recognize that there will be some people that are specifically looking for the badge. We're badgers as well and if we're around we'll invite to a team to help ensure you get sufficient credit.

Ghost, I said that here.  There are probably times where people won't get the badge or there are campers that are getting too much credit and are also AFK and don't invite.  There are other situations where that can occur as well (e.g., you get to Croatoa late and no one invites you for a War of the Vale even if all the players are active in the zone).

I watch the Search window when I'm on and notice that we or other people in zone will pull people into teams or leagues for badge credit.  It's not a perfect solution, but I'd be surprised if during normal working hours someone couldn't get the badge because of people in the zone within about 70 minutes. Meaning, maybe someone would miss the first one, but not a second run someone waited in zone or came back in time for another round.

I can also say from watching, that if it's just MMs at range on aggressive, Adamastor does not go down fast.  He goes down really fast when we have a bunch in the zone or are actively attacking him (have Lores summoned, buffed, debuffing Adamastor, etc).  I've seen fights go on for several mins with no active intervention and fights under 10 secs when people are active.  But AFK MMs are not taking him down in 10s without intervention or help.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yzdragel said:

Ghost, I said that here.  There are probably times where people won't get the badge or there are campers that are getting too much credit and are also AFK and don't invite.  There are other situations where that can occur as well (e.g., you get to Croatoa late and no one invites you for a War of the Vale even if all the players are active in the zone).

I watch the Search window when I'm on and notice that we or other people in zone will pull people into teams or leagues for badge credit.  It's not a perfect solution, but I'd be surprised if during normal working hours someone couldn't get the badge because of people in the zone within about 70 minutes. Meaning, maybe someone would miss the first one, but not a second run someone waited in zone or came back in time for another round.

I can also say from watching, that if it's just MMs at range on aggressive, Adamastor does not go down fast.  He goes down really fast when we have a bunch in the zone or are actively attacking him (have Lores summoned, buffed, debuffing Adamastor, etc).  I've seen fights go on for several mins with no active intervention and fights under 10 secs when people are active.  But AFK MMs are not taking him down in 10s without intervention or help.

sigh.

/e poofgone