Consignment House Rant

TekkyFox

On 6/25/2023 at 10:59 AM, ChiliBear said:

...influence doesn't just magically appear!

scrooge-mcduck-money.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 6/26/2023 at 1:08 PM, Nitekilla said:

All I know is that IO's that used to cost 1 million now cost 5 million.  I guess inflation is affecting City of Heros now.

In fact, most IO prices have declined.  The devs have done a good job of avoiding inflation.  Also, I think another factor is that more people are learning how to use the market to get inf by converting and selling and this has depressed the prices of the more expensive items.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

To add to the general theory of 'just play the game' you can turn off XP, and stay at a certain level for awhile to finish content, or just because you really like a certain level range, and you'll still earn INF and drops within that range.

Most of my toons get a 10 million inf loan from my main marketeer, and then become self sustaining by a certain level, usually around 20 or so just off selling their own drops.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

Most of my toons get a 10 million inf loan from my main marketeer, and then become self sustaining by a certain level, usually around 20 or so just off selling their own drops.

I’m doing something quite similar - a panacea proc and 5 million inf starter emails saved for each new alt.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

On 5/23/2023 at 12:22 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

First, make a billion inf.

Second, do that another thousand times.1

1.  I may have stolen this line from Yomo.

Finally, the real secret is out.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

On 6/26/2023 at 3:19 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

I can think of one.  Achilles Heel -res proc was 1-2 million a few years ago.  Now they regularly go for 4-5 mill.

I attribute that to a delay in the masses realizing how strong that proc is.  Most builds these days, certainly those chasing DPS and Pylon times, will have an Achilles or two.

Before the Achilles Heel %-Resistance was ~2 Minf it was much higher... at least when I worked in that niche. Specifically for that piece: because of the level range and set, and (from years ago) the powers that could take it, made it profitable but not steady (my experience).

Again, specific to this piece: Wasn't one of the recent changes to Fiery Sword attacks to give things like Fire Sword Circle a -Defense component? If so, there may be many more opportunities to slot the piece, as mentioned by @Bionic_Flea (including some farmers).

On 6/26/2023 at 11:52 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I can't think of what IOs you are speaking of.  Maybe it's a temporary lack of supply?  Tell me which IOs and if they are normally 1mm, I can't imagine it would cost me too much to make a bunch of them.

For the most part, prices on uncommon/rare IOs have dropped over the past year and I'm hard pressed to think of any that have gained in price.

I am speaking of Attuned enhancements.  For example, all of the Numinas (except the proc one) were 1-2 million and now they are all 5-6 million.  Same with the defence attuned enhancements.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Nitekilla said:

I am speaking of Attuned enhancements.  For example, all of the Numinas (except the proc one) were 1-2 million and now they are all 5-6 million.  Same with the defence attuned enhancements.

Now, here is a little trick I use a LOT.  That Numina you want?   5-6 million huh?  Bet there is a healingI/O you can buy cheaper?  in the two million range...   Make sure the level ranges overlap.  Buy the unwanted heal I/O.  Convert (use drop down menu, Healing)  Convert until you get a numina.  Then convert in set to the one you want.  The cash you spend on converters (and I get converters with reward merits) will be much less than the 4 mill difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Nitekilla said:

hmm, looks like all the numina's can still be bought about 2mm, including the proc.  Patience is your friend!

Also, Snarky's advice is more or less correct!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

52 minutes ago, Nitekilla said:

Also Attuned and normal enhancements share the same bucket, so the price would be the same if you bought it with or without.

1 hour ago, Nitekilla said:

Short term fluctuation. They routinely sell for 1-2 mill, the proc for 2-3.

Attuned and non bucket, AH doesn't see them as separate when auctioned.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

As SwitchFade said, there are fluctuations for a large number of fairly predictable reasons:

1)  Prices tend to go up on the weekend and down during the week as more players have time off to play on the weekends and therefore add demand.

2)  Prices tend to go up around holidays, for the same reason: more players = more demand.

3)  Prices tend to go up on the release of new content.  Once again, new content draws more players, which leads to more demand.  Beyond that, new powersets or changes to existing powersets can cause IOs commonly used in those sets to experience greater demand, which leads to higher prices.

4)  ???

5)  Profit?

I can't think of any more off the top of my head.  Can anyone else think of another predictable fluctuation?

Specifically with regard to the Numina's mentioned by Nitekilla: On April 25, 2023, HC released Page 6 of Issue 27, which added Storm Blast and made quite a few changes to a number of other ranged sets.  New powers and power changes means people are making new ones or fiddling with existing ones.  The Numina Regen/Recovery is used by almost every character that uses set IOs.  And Defenders and Corrupters as a whole are beneficiaries of all those ranged powers and their other powersets frequently have powers that can take Numina.

3 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I can't think of any more off the top of my head.  Can anyone else think of another predictable fluctuation?

All the ongoing factors were accounted for, except for the past sales on Winter packs (no longer going to happen), I think.

The only other 'one-offs' that I think have broadly affected the market have involved what I would characterize as "farmers 'vocal quitting' farming", as a result of some game change. The Vanguard Merit Change, the double-Inf/noXP change, the Empyrean Merit Change all had some 'vocal quitting' (no judgement, honest!), and I saw some market fluctuations (both up and down) in Recipes, Salvage, Converters. I couldn't begin to guess (or predict!) what any of those changes actually had on the market, if any. The only on-going (upward) fluctuation I have noticed is that Enhancement Converter prices on the AH are holding steady above where they had been. Since Emp Merits -> Converters -> Inf was probably the simplest raw conversion for Farmers, I want to believe that the Emp Merit change is partially responsible.

There may be occasional fluctuations in holiday salvage, or Prismatic Aethers... but I haven't noticed. EoE are at rock-bottom prices (as they should be). Maybe Ambrosia when the Eden Trial is the Weekly?

There are certainly "small ticket" items that have wide fluctuations.  T3 purple insps are subject to "I don't just need it now. I really need it NAO!" demand spikes.  I don't set out to make inf with these but I do find I can put an ask price on them well above what the last 5 sales would indicate and it sells next time I log on.