Spamming chat with what you are listening to.

humans, talking. filling the air. its ok not to care about it, but this is harmless, no?

why? they are happy and are sharing that. thats typically friendly behavior, one might suppose.

try to endure it?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I mean its better than Constant Stream of Dad Jokes Player, or Instigator of Pun Wars Player which are much more common than Playlist Announcer Player. 🤣

Kidding ...

Mostly ...

.... dunno if I'm thinking of the same person, or if there are several doing it ... but their musical taste was (been a minute since I've been in game) a little ... cliche. 😄

Again ...

Kidding ...

Mostly ...

I mean, we're all looking for a some sort of social connection in online/in-game chat; nothing wrong with that.

Lots of folks, even solo players, come to online games at least in part for that element. Don't let it get to you; if it does just put them on a temporary ignore then go back and remove them from the list later.

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

34 minutes ago, Thorny Devil said:

I get that it's wanting to share but to me it's almost like they are looking for attention or validation of their choice of song.

Almost? 

Also, problem, officer? 🛒

On 5/25/2023 at 5:54 AM, Thorny Devil said:

I just want to understand why.

I don't want to have to ignore someone because they keep spamming the chat with what song they are listening too.

Please help me understand.

Which chat(s)?  I've not seen this before, though admittedly I've shoved General chat into a corner where I don't view it 99% of the time.

35 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Which chat(s)?  I've not seen this before, though admittedly I've shoved General chat into a corner where I don't view it 99% of the time.

General Chat. Probably on Excel; I know I've seen it there from time to time.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

This is incredibly perplexing to me.  Maybe share it now and then if you want to have a chat about music but every.frikkin.song?  

And no they're certainly not 13 because much of the music seems to be sub-boomer, late Gen X (aka my peers) stuff like REO Speedwagon.

It's not ignore-worthy to me, I save that for true trolls.  I acknowledge they don't have malicious intentions but I just don't get it.

• Like 2

Turn off General chat and your life will be much better for it. I did and don't regret it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

4 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

I mean its better than Constant Stream of Dad Jokes Player, or Instigator of Pun Wars Player which are much more common than Playlist Announcer Player. 🤣

Don't forget I have a Panda Fetish , and Want Everyone Else to Know About It Player ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I hate Playlist Player more than Dad Joke or Pun War Player and less than Panda Player.  Of course I enjoy laser enemas and shaving my legs with a cheese grater more than Panda Player.

• Like 3

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

So... did you ask *the person doing it* why, and/or if they'd stop?

Have to say the only place I tend to see this is on MSRs, and then only occasionally - and it scrolls past fast enough that even if it bothered me, it wouldn't.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Hedgefund2 said:

This is incredibly perplexing to me.  Maybe share it now and then if you want to have a chat about music but every.frikkin.song?  

And no they're certainly not 13 because much of the music seems to be sub-boomer, late Gen X (aka my peers) stuff like REO Speedwagon.

It's not ignore-worthy to me, I save that for true trolls.  I acknowledge they don't have malicious intentions but I just don't get it.

While music is made by different generations, the good stuff of each generation will always be around.  There's a whole world of music and song out there and I feel sorry for anyone that limits themselves to music from just a few decades or a particular generation. Things like the music thread down in Off Topic are good things and more socially acceptable because it expands horizons. When I say I assume they're 13 it's because I see posting song lyrics in chats of any kind as being immature. It's either done because the lyric poster's emotions tell them they must share this with everyone! or done to annoy people. Not seeing much in the way of maturity with doing it. 🤷‍♂️

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

3 hours ago, Hedgefund2 said:

I always assumed they were trying to get people to join their stream via Discord or whatever.  "Here's what we're playing now".  I know that that's been a thing in the past (TheCape Radio, or what have you), and I've seen people do the same on MSRs, too.  Or maybe this is a player who saw the other advertisers and didn't realize they were advertising, and just thought listing music was a thing people do in the game?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/25/2023 at 5:54 AM, Thorny Devil said:

I don't want to have to ignore someone because they keep spamming the chat with what song they are listening too.

I still don't understand what this "sound" is everyone talks about in this game?  Am I the only one who plays with sound turned off?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/25/2023 at 4:54 AM, Thorny Devil said:

It's been that way since they added symphony powerset it seems.  At least that's what I've seen on Excel.  Symphony addicts are no different than anyone else is my best guess.

• Confused 2

Are they "spamming" chat or just... chatting?

Look, I don't give a damn about probably 95% of what goes on in General (or Help) chat. Part of my "ritual" when I make a new character, along with visiting P2W and rearranging power trays to my liking and grabbing all of the badges in Atlas to unlock the teleporter, is to just remove both of those channels from my chat window. I'm not about to block someone so I don't see them come up in LFG a week from now just because today they said "hey, I'm listening to a song" in a channel that exists for nonspecific chatting.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

4 hours ago, Spankea said:

It's been that way since they added symphony powerset it seems.  At least that's what I've seen on Excel.  Symphony addicts are no different than anyone else is my best guess.

It's neither exclusive to Symphony nor Excel.

For a while any time I was on Indom, someone spamming the chat with their "now playing" was the only thing in gen chat. And yes, I find it extremely odd. Why should I care what you're listening to? Especially when there's no other context given than just the name of an artist and song.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

4 hours ago, Crysis said:

I still don't understand what this "sound" is everyone talks about in this game?  Am I the only one who plays with sound turned off?

I'll typically have music down and often have sound quiet, unless I'm looking for a glowie.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

AC/DC  "Problem Child"

7 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

"I Stand Alone" by Godsmak.

Curses.

• Haha 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)